• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[ICS][ALPHA] CM9 with (somewhat) working camera for Milestone 2

Legza

Feb 16, 2011
Kovrov
bluethooth works fine in tezet´s cm9. I never had any problem..seems to be a problem only in rondoval´s cm9.
Yeah, the problem is here. Logcat says that BT service has not been started or something like that.

BTW, if anyone is interested, here is the patch for 1% battery counter (backported from Defy CM9 20120226). Please don't forget to make backups first :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: lcsilveira

siakgayyem

Nov 8, 2011
I tried this rom after a factory wipe with cache and dalvik wipe. It booted up the first time and i noticed it didnt ask me to create an account. Upon further playing around with it, i noticed there were no google apps (market etc). I then went to recovery and installed google apps (an old version from nov of 2011 i think) when i rebooted, it prompted me to click on the android to set up the phone but an error came up. It was like something (app) could not be started. And i got stuck at the screen prompting me to click on the android and emergency calls only. What did i do wrong

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
I tried this rom after a factory wipe with cache and dalvik wipe. It booted up the first time and i noticed it didnt ask me to create an account. Upon further playing around with it, i noticed there were no google apps (market etc). I then went to recovery and installed google apps (an old version from nov of 2011 i think) when i rebooted, it prompted me to click on the android to set up the phone but an error came up. It was like something (app) could not be started. And i got stuck at the screen prompting me to click on the android and emergency calls only. What did i do wrong
Installed wrong version of google apps. Check Tezet's thread in DEV section for the correct version of Google apps for ICS.

Reactions: siakgayyem

thokkalodi

Sep 24, 2006
My mobile network keeps going completely blank every now and then. I have to restore it by the fix suggested by sahilarora.(copying the contents of bp_nvm_default )
In addition to that the mobile data is not working 2G or 3G. Initially it works but after a reboot its gone. Anyone else facing this problem?

But the rest of the ROM is pretty stable.

Legza

Feb 16, 2011
Kovrov
rondoval,
Is it possible to merge the code of 1% battery from Defy into your build in future?
Of course, I understand that it is not a priority now :)

sahilarora911

Dec 13, 2010
New Delhi
My mobile network keeps going completely blank every now and then. I have to restore it by the fix suggested by sahilarora.(copying the contents of bp_nvm_default )
In addition to that the mobile data is not working 2G or 3G. Initially it works but after a reboot its gone. Anyone else facing this problem?

But the rest of the ROM is pretty stable.
2G/3G (or mobile data) does tend to go to sleep and not wake up. The problem was there in Tezet's ROM too (or at least I faced it :D). You can enable airplane mode and disable it. This will return mobile data.

Reactions: lcsilveira

rondoval

Dec 6, 2010
I've got the issue with mobile data too, I haven't look into it though. You can also make a button on the menu bar to disable/enable data, it's faster than airplane mode.

I have fixed the stability issue with the camera. Turns out it was solved on the Atrix branch long time ago... There's an upstream change from CM9 that breaks binary compatibility with Gingerbread, so the GB camera driver was corrupting memory. After reverting the change camera is stable, and it's possible to enter panorama and video modes. There's a preview in video, but it contains some garbage. Shouldn't be hard to fix. Certainly much easier with the driver not crashing randomly.

I fixed assisted GPS too, got fix in 4s this morning.

BTW: ten posts... so next build will be in dev area.

Last edited:

ylqiu

Jul 14, 2011
Chengdu
looking forward to the next build+1.i got MOTOIME from razr‘s android 4.0 rom.maybe someone will be interest in this.but i dont know which website i should upload. sorry for my poor english...

Sent from my MotoA953 using XDA App

thokkalodi

Sep 24, 2006
Wow rondoval,

That's awesome news and great work by you!!! Looks like we need not go back to GB based ROMS after all :D.
Waiting eagerly for the new build.

Lutis

May 13, 2011
I've got the issue with mobile data too, I haven't look into it though. You can also make a button on the menu bar to disable/enable data, it's faster than airplane mode.

I have fixed the stability issue with the camera. Turns out it was solved on the Atrix branch long time ago... There's an upstream change from CM9 that breaks binary compatibility with Gingerbread, so the GB camera driver was corrupting memory. After reverting the change camera is stable, and it's possible to enter panorama and video modes. There's a preview in video, but it contains some garbage. Shouldn't be hard to fix. Certainly much easier with the driver not crashing randomly.

I fixed assisted GPS too, got fix in 4s this morning.

BTW: ten posts... so next build will be in dev area.
I just check your github. it seems the video recording is working and according to new media profiles, the 720p rec works too?

anyway,thanks for your efforts on our ms2:)

Megalith27

Feb 17, 2012
Baku
Guys,
I have a problem, I flashed the ROM and everything was working fine, then i decided to boot into recovery via Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap and when the phone was rebooting it got stuck on Google (with M and CM logos in it) and it stays like that for a while now.
Tried to pull out battery and reboot again, no success.
Also tried to pull out battery, hold X power up wait until triangle with exclamation mark and then release X and press @ button to get into recovery but the screen remains the same.
Trying to connect to PC and flash via RSD but whenever I put in the battery the phone power up, PC does not detect the phone, so as RSD Lite does not detect it.
Still experimenting...trying to bring my phone to life.

Sorry this may not be the right thread but I am open to your suggestions and advices.

Thanks in advance.