ICS animation scale

Search This thread

rasengan82

Nov 19, 2011
Hey guys,

What's the difference between Window Animation scale and Transition animation scale? I set the window animation scale to 5 to see what's the difference but I cannot really tell?

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
Window is how fast the popups for things like as a example notification choosing, transition is going from menu to menu(with animations turned on)
1x is normal speed, 0.5 is twice as fast and 10 is 10 times as slow

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

rasengan82

Nov 19, 2011
Played with window animation and it seems that its not used as much as the transition animation.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

Ex()rcizm

Mar 15, 2012
Sunshine Coast
Hey guys,

What's the difference between Window Animation scale and Transition animation scale? I set the window animation scale to 5 to see what's the difference but I cannot really tell?

When setting the value lower (number wise) the animations are done faster, such as windows coming in and out of view etc (doesn't effect scrolling) I think home scrolling is effected though

When setting the value higher (number wise) the animations are presented alot slower, I set the value to 5 that you were using, from the Default (1), and all the animations were HELL! slow haha! :) Painful to use, felt boggy

Transition Animation numbers effect when windows come in and out of view such as opening settings, applications etc

The window animation is the windows "inside windows" that come in and out of view, such as if you set window animation to 10, and then go to the home page and press your settings button so it displays "Add, Wallpapers, Search, Widgets" etc, it opens hell slow
As well as if the value of Window Animation Scale is 10, when you get out of everything and go back into it to change it to 1 (Default) again, the window that opens that shows x.5 | x1 | x1.5 | 2 | 2.5 etc opens heaps slowly!

That's what the difference is :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zgomot

tomitza07

May 14, 2012
Show transition animation

Hi all,
How can i enable back the animations?
I played a little with all the options (x1, x0.5, x10 etc) just to see the differences. Then I selected the first option ("none"/"off") for Windows animation scale and Transition animation scale and then these 2 options became inactive. I cannot enable them back. I have an HTC One V.
Please advice.

chrone

May 5, 2012
Surabaya
Hi all,
How can i enable back the animations?
I played a little with all the options (x1, x0.5, x10 etc) just to see the differences. Then I selected the first option ("none"/"off") for Windows animation scale and Transition animation scale and then these 2 options became inactive. I cannot enable them back. I have an HTC One V.
Please advice.

me too, using htc one v, i can't turn it back on though have reset it to factory default both from the power button and volume down while booting, or from the storage factory data reset setting. :(

i contacted HTC support but they simulated my problems and still be able to turn the windows animation scale and transition scale back on after being switched off. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

When setting the value lower (number wise) the animations are done faster, such as windows coming in and out of view etc (doesn't effect scrolling) I think home scrolling is effected though

When setting the value higher (number wise) the animations are presented alot slower, I set the value to 5 that you were using, from the Default (1), and all the animations were HELL! slow haha! :) Painful to use, felt boggy

Transition Animation numbers effect when windows come in and out of view such as opening settings, applications etc

The window animation is the windows "inside windows" that come in and out of view, such as if you set window animation to 10, and then go to the home page and press your settings button so it displays "Add, Wallpapers, Search, Widgets" etc, it opens hell slow
    As well as if the value of Window Animation Scale is 10, when you get out of everything and go back into it to change it to 1 (Default) again, the window that opens that shows x.5 | x1 | x1.5 | 2 | 2.5 etc opens heaps slowly!

That's what the difference is :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone