ICS for DHD cancelled (permanently this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
This is exactly the kind of thing that made me switch to a Nexus. HTC is getting seriously annoying and it is almost enough to make me sell my Desire. Well done HTC..

It really sucks too, because I was looking forward to seeing official ICS on the DHD. LC's is absolutely amazing, but without an official release of ICS, a lot of the problems the phone has in regards to ICS will be much more difficult to fix.

Oh well. I'm sure ClockaN will do absolutely amazing without an official update.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ViRuS3k

Mar 4, 2011
UK
Never again will i purchase a HTC phone.
Samsung Galaxy III S is my next phone. Fuk HTC.

brad808

Oct 23, 2010
I don't think HTC realize the damage they do to themselves when they piss off the geak crowd. The reason that all 4 people in my family have htc phones is because me,the "techy" person, recommended that was a good choice. As soon as they piss off the techy person by doing something like this then they loose a lot more then the immediate customer they loose all the recommended customers as well. Grave mistake HTC.

Reactions: alge30

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
Desire HD was my first HTC phone and will be my last one, I'm really disappointed with HTC for canceling the ICS update :mad:

Sent from my Desire HD charged with ICS.

Wow, that sucks big time! That easily sounds like the stupidest thing I've seen a company do for a long time. I like HTC as anyone else here but I hope this backlash hurts them big time so they learn they can't just screw over their loyal customers like that.

Hopefully they come to their senses and take it all back like they did last year regarding the desire. Or we could all try and pressurise them into releasing all proprietary hardware drivers etc. But I doubt we'll have any luck with that!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1 using XDA Premium HD app

motherninja

May 13, 2011
Paris Van Djava
From what I read at HTC statement in their blog, it is not because DHD can't handle the ICS, but it is because they think our phone is in it greatest performance with latest Gingerbread update with Sense 3.0, so they did not want to spoil this enjoyment just for the sake of newer OS. I think HTC sees this problem from average joe perspective, whom never root or play with their phone, and just click on "Update" button whenever it's popped-up on their phone screen.

hysteresis

Apr 13, 2008
Pickering
" ...ultimately the customer experience on the product is the deciding factor."

By the sounds of these posts, the CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE is pretty poor at the moment.

XL3N7

Dec 31, 2006
Limassol
From what I read at HTC statement in their blog, it is not because DHD can't handle the ICS, but it is because they think our phone is in it greatest performance with latest Gingerbread update with Sense 3.0, so they did not want to spoil this enjoyment just for the sake of newer OS. I think HTC sees this problem from average joe perspective, whom never root or play with their phone, and just click on "Update" button whenever it's popped-up on their phone screen.

Why are they spoiling the enjoyment of other phone users like the desire s owners. Hell why don't they release their newer smartphones with GB for more enjoyment. BS

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

l33ch0r

Apr 12, 2011
Why is it that every time when someone comes along with informations from any blog, which says the update is canceled, the hole crowd is going nuts?
Just yesterday some German finally heard about rumors from canceling ICS. So they contacted HTC and they said, the update will be released.

Still everyone going nuts ;)

Tired of this topic...it ain't that special, whether we get it or not

Gesendet von meinem Desire HD mit Tapatalk 2

damaddy

Jan 28, 2011
Why is it that every time when someone comes along with informations from any blog, which says the update is canceled, the hole crowd is going nuts?
Just yesterday some German finally heard about rumors from canceling ICS. So they contacted HTC and they said, the update will be released.

Still everyone going nuts ;)

Tired of this topic...it ain't that special, whether we get it or not

Gesendet von meinem Desire HD mit Tapatalk 2

But while the link is from the official HTC Blog, it should be official information this time.

And by the way, I read it, too from computerbase, but they only stated a mulitple days old, official HTC info

Bye
MaDDy

atrako1973

Feb 17, 2010
dublin
We already know it cancelled,another useless f..king thread created without searching

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New slogan : HTC quietly stupid

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
    Desire HD was my first HTC phone and will be my last one, I'm really disappointed with HTC for canceling the ICS update :mad:

Sent from my Desire HD charged with ICS.
    I'm sure this angers the Inspire community as well. I have an Inspire 4G and I know the DHD devs make our phone much more worthwhile!
    I don't think HTC realize the damage they do to themselves when they piss off the geak crowd. The reason that all 4 people in my family have htc phones is because me,the "techy" person, recommended that was a good choice. As soon as they piss off the techy person by doing something like this then they loose a lot more then the immediate customer they loose all the recommended customers as well. Grave mistake HTC.