ICS for lt28AT

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 1483200

How's it work? Faster or better than LT28H?

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
Two new options in the Service info settings, We've got Factory Charging and DTCP-IP No clue what the last one is lol.

Quadrant score for full benchmark is 3296, CPU 6387, MEM 3378, I/O 4571, 2d 267, 3d 1879

I haven't used the 28h on my 28at but its smooth, runs fine, snappier transitions I like it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1483200

Well I'm not switching unless that can also be rooted and deodoxed haha

Sent from my LT28h using xda app-developers app

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
can someone check and see if Google talk and if voice dial er works after upgrading from gingerbread to the new .105 update, the 107 isn't available to me yet. I have heard that both those functions got disabled in the new update and if that is the case I will not be updating. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

By voice dialer I mean through a blue tooth headset. Thanks

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
Two new options in the Service info settings, We've got Factory Charging and DTCP-IP No clue what the last one is lol.

Quadrant score for full benchmark is 3296, CPU 6387, MEM 3378, I/O 4571, 2d 267, 3d 1879

I haven't used the 28h on my 28at but its smooth, runs fine, snappier transitions I like it.

can someone check and see if Google talk and if voice dial er works after upgrading from gingerbread to the new .105 update, the 107 isn't available to me yet. I have heard that both those functions got disabled in the new update and if that is the case I will not be updating. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Google Talk as in the "Talk" App? That is still there as for voice dialer I'm not sure, BT is in the car but I can check latter tonight if no one else has by that time.
Taking out dialing over BT seems stupid at best, it's a good safety feature so I don't see why they would take it out.

Reactions: petes67bird

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
They are saying you can't even use the blue tooth to call contacts like when you press the blue tooth ans speak something like "call Matt on mobile.". With the talk app they are saying video calling no longer works. Hopefully someone can check these out for me. Thanks again

Spectre51

Jul 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
I am updating right now and will check.

Just as a side note I contact my friend at Sony regarding the update and he happened to be in a meeting with the AT&T guys. The AT&T guys didn't even know the update got pushed out yet. They told him they expected it to go out later this week. Who cares as long as its out. Hopefully the smartdock gets detected by the AT&T firmware unlike the International.

I'm gonna try updating now and will have a ftf available shortly (as long as I get the update notification)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

The AT&T firmware doesn't include the Backup & Restore app so you can do the simple root procedure. So you have to install the Backup & Restore app. Here is a link to it. Just extract and install both apps then you can do the root procedure: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44704/backuprestore.zip

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012

Just as a side note I contact my friend at Sony regarding the update and he happened to be in a meeting with the AT&T guys. The AT&T guys didn't even know the update got pushed out yet. They told him they expected it to go out later this week. Who cares as long as its out. Hopefully the smartdock gets detected by the AT&T firmware unlike the International.

I'm gonna try updating now and will have a ftf available shortly (as long as I get the update notification)

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

The AT&T firmware doesn't include the Backup & Restore app so you can do the simple root procedure. So you have to install the Backup & Restore app. Here is a link to it. Just extract and install both apps then you can do the root procedure: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44704/backuprestore.zip

Root procedure on Lt28at? As in supersu root? Sorry I'm tiered so im slow :(

petes67bird

Jun 25, 2012
Spectre could you try voice calling through blue tooth and see if video calling through talk works or not. Thanks as always for your help

Spectre51

Jul 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

Yes

Spectre could you try voice calling through blue tooth and see if video calling through talk works or not. Thanks as always for your help

I'll check when I get a chance. Got to get it all configured again.

Looks like the .107 update is OTA as I can't get it to come up in SUS at all. Also can't get the .107 update to install but I wonder if that's because I already removed a lot of bloat apps.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Looks like video calling works. Tried to call my buddy but he didn't answer. It brought up my camera and stuff though when calling.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion

Last edited:
Reactions: petes67bird

Corbanski

Oct 25, 2011
I reflashed att gingerbread and updated to .107 and I keep getting a notification to update to .105

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
How are you liking the ATT version?

I enjoy it, When I got my I777 that was my first android phone and I HATED GB but I also didn't know alot of what I do now, which isn't much, once I got it rooted and CFW on ICS I loved it, I love this phone even on just normal ICS with root and I cannot wait to see some Custom roms for it! I also was skimming google, forgot what I searched, midget something? Lol, but I saw something about Sony doing JB for the ion? Maybe I read wrong and I didnt read the whole thing just the google preview thing. Anyways, yeah Im enjoying ics thus far cant wait to see battery life!

Also for anyone who does not know, Power+Volume down is the new way to take Screen shots.

D

Deleted member 1483200

OH I forgot ATT doesn't use the H symbol but the 4G thing. I hate that lol. That us how to take screenshots on any ICS phone BTW. I'm surprised how many don't know.

thanitos

Apr 30, 2012
OH I forgot ATT doesn't use the H symbol but the 4G thing. I hate that lol. That us how to take screenshots on any ICS phone BTW. I'm surprised how many don't know.

I didn't know either, I used AOKP on my I777 I thought it was just a galaxy thing until I tried and it worked lol

I took out Superuser and put SuperSU, I like it better :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ics came out today for the AT version of the ion, got it through SuS, version 4.0.4 Build number 6.1.c.1.105

Edit- Just got a new update for .107 lol

Google Talk as in the "Talk" App? That is still there as for voice dialer I'm not sure, BT is in the car but I can check latter tonight if no one else has by that time.
    Taking out dialing over BT seems stupid at best, it's a good safety feature so I don't see why they would take it out.

Yes

I'll check when I get a chance. Got to get it all configured again.

Looks like the .107 update is OTA as I can't get it to come up in SUS at all. Also can't get the .107 update to install but I wonder if that's because I already removed a lot of bloat apps.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Looks like video calling works. Tried to call my buddy but he didn't answer. It brought up my camera and stuff though when calling.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ ion