ICS Released

Search This thread

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
I just installed it over my stock SEB firmware and it works great. Super smooth and fast.

sierra0815

Feb 8, 2007
Duesseldorf
Just did it

Hello just did it.

Via Odin and original Firmware from Samfirmware.

There was no OTA possible, think because I have the tab from Singapore/HK.

So I used Odin.

Runs much smoother and the apps are still onboard. No complete wipe...

Here some Shots

2exqafl.jpg

fdu71e.jpg

6r53bd.jpg

2nv5e0k.jpg

:cyclops:

My Tab came from Singapore and I had no problems to Flash it. Was rooted
now it's gone but thats no problem for me.

Last edited:

kencad

Jun 13, 2012
When will ICS be available in Asia? Can't wait! :D

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Care to share some screeshot? And some review of it. Look like us in Asia need to wait furthermore... :p

Here you go, attached you will find two screenshots.

About the review, i have just used it for about 15 minutes. It is much faster and smoother then HC, thats for sure. Stock browser is actually usable. Havent found any problems yet.

Edit: Ok, it seems i found the first bug. It seems i cant upload images to xda from my gt7.7

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-03-14-58-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-03-14-58-15.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 616
  • Screenshot_2012-07-03-14-58-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-03-14-58-27.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 590
Last edited:
Reactions: deani77

stefanamlappi

May 28, 2006
You can install via odin! Its easy for everyone. Pretty smooth and verry fast:)

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
So even though we download it and try to install it for the wrong country (HK once again), it won't go through or ????

Im not sure about HK, is it somehow special? I originally had SEB firmware and the ATO updated installed just fine.

Someone asked for a guide. A guide about how to use Odin is in development forum.

c4Lvin

Apr 18, 2005
City of Roses
According to the guy who updated with the photos, he said his is from Singapore (ASIA) and he updated fine via Oden. I should download it and try at least! Can't wait anymore! I don't care about making calls as I have my Note for that, i just want super smooth browsing and all that BUTTERY stuff...and better RAM management!!!! Anyone tried Dolphin for Tab on it yet? or CHROMEEEE!!!

sierra0815

Feb 8, 2007
Duesseldorf
Odin...

Just download odin from here

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j...j6mJCg&usg=AFQjCNF7sF0f2yJp0IxHp1ISlP2fzGKhtw

Get the Firmware from samfirmwares.com

After download unzip the P6800XXLQ1_P6800OXALQ1_ATO.zip. It has an MD5 file in it.

Put this file into Odin under point PDA.

Put your Tab in dowload mode. From Off hold Power and Vol. Down.

Confirm with Vol. Up

Connect Tab to PC and wait until a yellow field apperars under id:com.

Make shure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.

Then click on start.

After all is done you will recieve an Message and your Tab will reboot...

Reactions: alitaw and Fluxcore

mcbooth

Nov 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
But.. how to root?
I flashed it to my P6800 in Odin and it works beautifully, but as expected I have lost root. Is there a general root tool that will work for ICS on this Tab?

steveathome

Aug 8, 2010
Adelaide
Can anyone check if permissions for SD card have changed from Honeycomb or still have same restriction? Have wifi version so still waiting. :)

sierra0815

Feb 8, 2007
Duesseldorf
Some more...

Just using dolphin. Awesome...

Screens will be added

Also Chromeeee:laugh:

10r7mhl.jpg

f39mit.jpg

2427qcn.jpg

28tjitf.jpg

307mavl.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Just checked SD-Card Permissions.

I can access the Card through ES File Explorer and can move data
easily from internal to external via copy and can also delete data on the sd
card.

SD Card shows up under extStorage...:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a relief to see you here :) !

So the EverRoot is guaranteed for tab 7.7 ICS?

Will we have tab 7.7 ICS root and SuperSu package soon?

Just flash CWM or another recovery, then install CWM SuperSU ZIP file from SuperSU thread using CWM. Voila, rooted.

Not as easy or fast as flashing the firmware with Mobile ODIN + EverRoot option in the first place, but still easy and quick.
    That's why you should have flashed with Mobile ODIN + EverRoot option ;)
    slim deodexed version... bloatware has been remove... need to use custom cwm to flash.

https://hotfile.com/dl/162146713/b412151/P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLQ1_HOME_deoDex.zip.html
    Someone YouTube ics os interaction plzzz I wanna see what i have coming!

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium

This is longer than 10 minutes. Everything I used I paid for, so don't get the wrong idea with some of the dev tools I have on screen.

Anyway, I'm a real ameteur, so here's a link to the google drive file:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5eM4rH3azruRzN6VF9iREM5Z1E

Its real rough, but its actually screencast so no second hand, I demonstrate facelock, go through the settings menu, show how it handles multi-layer psd's in photoshop touch, explain why I'm do excited about this tablet, and explore a few of the new dev features in the settings menu until I trigger a bug--I saved the video and went straight to shutdown. So no goodbyes on the video... anybody know a good video editor for android so you can easily cut up videos for youtube?
    i have a question, what are the pros and cons with not updating your device according to your country? i mean i really want to update to ICS now but i'm still waiting for my country to release the update for my P6800. so my question is, what are the good and bad if i update with the Austrian firmware now?

pro's... this is only my opinion... everything is better... enough said...

cons... you loose function to update with kies in your country... that's all (it sucks anyway... we can simply update using odin)