• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ICS Sounds] Now Includes all Ice Cream Sandwich sounds. [10/31/11]

Search This thread

DameonAndMeagan

Sep 24, 2007
Indio, CA
I took the time and made a flashable .zip to replace the Gingerbread sounds with the ones from Ice Cream Sandwich, like the lock, unlock, camera shutter etc.... I have only tested on CM7 but should work with other Roms as well.

Make a Backup before you Flash.

Changelog:

10/31/11
  • Fixed Audible Selection Sound.

Attachments

• ICS_All_Sounds-signed.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 15,324
Last edited:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
I took the time and made a flashable .zip to replace the Gingerbread UI sounds with the ones from Ice Cream Sandwich, like the lock, unlock, camera shutter etc.... I have only tested on CM7 but should work with other Roms as well.

Can you post some screenshot?...hahaha..Just kidding! Thanks for this man, I was getting ready to do this myself but I found this instead!

Reactions: fonseca898

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
I have noticed issues with Audible selection after flashing this. I hear what I assume to be silence when it should be playing a sound.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Its odd, playing the file sounds through a media player (root explorer previews the audio) sounds fine, yet when its set as the effect_tick it doesn't play. Perhaps a compression issue?

Just replace it with an old one from a cm7 zip using root explorer. You can find it in system/media/audio/ui

On another note, loving all the other sounds. I even enabled keyboard sound!

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

kharnage

Sep 27, 2011
How come it won't install for me? I try to flash it and it says Installation aborted. I wiped cache and dalvik. I'm on a G2x with Cm7 nightly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I took the time and made a flashable .zip to replace the Gingerbread sounds with the ones from Ice Cream Sandwich, like the lock, unlock, camera shutter etc.... I have only tested on CM7 but should work with other Roms as well.

Changelog:

10/31/11
    • Fixed Audible Selection Sound.
    Same here. And the lock/unlock sound is very low ...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9000 usando Tapatalk

download audio manager from market and change your sound settings. or just make sure all your volume is up in settings, sound.
    I took the time and made a flashable .zip to replace the Gingerbread UI sounds with the ones from Ice Cream Sandwich, like the lock, unlock, camera shutter etc.... I have only tested on CM7 but should work with other Roms as well.

Can you post some screenshot?...hahaha..Just kidding! Thanks for this man, I was getting ready to do this myself but I found this instead!