ICS update for P6810 HK version

Search This thread

levky

Jan 14, 2011
Hey everyone,
Just thought that I should share with everyone here. I just got a notification on my stock tab 7.7 WiFi only hk version to update to ics.

It is downloading the 218MB update at home. Will keep everyone update on how it goes.

Anyone can tell me how to take the file and share it with everyone, I will do so and post of on here.

FYI. I tried to download the stock UK update and flash on mine but it was still having the WiFi dropping issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

DuhDroid

Aug 22, 2011
Washington, D.C.
I checked this morning for the update. The Auto Update did not give any notification. So I checked manually for any updates and I got the notification that a Firm ware update to ICS for my device was available. I completed the download and then tried to complete the installation. It failed and advised me to use Kies. I did that and the update was successful. ICS is now on my P6810 WiFi only 7.7. So you may have to use Kies to fully complete the update.

I have no issue yet with WiFi drop. Time will tell.

O_G

Senior Moderator / ET Admin
Staff member
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To General

This in no way can be considered development, post in the correct section.​

smallkeung

Jun 16, 2009
I have updated to the Hong Kong Version. I found that the MAC address has been changed. (I tried Australia, and CM9 from locerra. All 4.0.4 firmware changed the MAC address.)

The WiFi is stable than other 4.0.4 firmware. The Wifi is still the best in HC.
I also found that the Wifi-A doesn't work properly.

Last edited: