• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Id like to beg for help with rooting my RN 8 Pro

Search This thread

N00B92

Jul 22, 2021
Basically I have rooted my old Redmi Note 4 but that was past guarantee so I did not care that much.
My current RN 8 Pro is still 1 year in guarantee so I literally do not have the balls to do it on my own.
Is there any good soul who would help me out with rooting it, pretty please? Thanks very much in advance

btw. I do know stuff about Unlocking Boot Loader, installing TWRP trough Command Window and Flashing Magisk...that should be potentially enough but as I said above no balls and do not want to F things up and brick it.

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
A great guide is here :3
Not sure you need my help for that but yeah if ya run into any problems, ill be here to help ya

• Love
Reactions: N00B92

N00B92

Jul 22, 2021
Ty for responding. I read that but Im still not sure about what TWRP use on my phone (im not sure if i have to use special one or just latest version) and because I want to only root my phone Im also not sure, if I need to get a different ROM or I can do that on this STOCK ONE I have.
I bought my RN 8 Pro in EU. Im gonna try to give you more information about my phone, if you would be able to link me TWRP what I need and other files to root it...that would be awesome (its not like i cant read or im lazy f**k, its more like i dont want to F things up).

Version of MIUI: MIUI Global 12.0.5; Stable 12.05.0(QGGEUXM)
Version of Android: 10 QP1A. 190711.020
Android Level of Security: 2021-04-01

Thank you very much

Kenora_I

Jun 12, 2021
Ireland
Redmi 7A
Samsung Galaxy A21s
1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER :

- Download the Mi Unlock app to PC, and sign in with your Mi Account;
- Enable Developer Option in your phone by tapping the "Build Number" 7 times
- Go to Developer Options "Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking
- Aslo add account in Mi Unlock Status (Can be found in Developer Options
- Install all the required drivers (adb drivers, vcom drivers etc.) In your PC [I'll link these below]
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock". In Mi Unlock Tool
- You will be given a specific time (168 hours mostly)
- Wait until that and redo Unlock process
- Your device’s bootloader is unlocked

2. FLASHING TWRP :

- Install Minimal ADB and fastboot on your PC [Link will be provided below]
- Download LR Team TWRP [This work for now, I'll provide link below and will update it after we have another proper TWRP]
- Put that TWRP in the file location of ADB and Fastboot (Right click on Minimal ADB and Fastboot icon on desktop and click on Open file location)
- rename that recovery to "twrp" for convenience (optional)
- Now Connect your phone to PC With USB Debugging on (keep phone on).
- Type
Code:
adb devices
and accept the pop up on phone's screen.
- Now reboot your phone to Fastboot mode
- Type
Code:
fastboot devices
- Your device ID will be visible on Screen.
- Then type
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- When it's done, Remove cable and Hold Power + Vol. Up when phone starts turning on leave the power button but keep pressing Vol. UP until TWRP splash Screen shows up.
- Done

3. ROOTING :

- In TWRP mount System
- Go to Advanced > file manager
- then go to system_root > system and delete "recovery-from-boot.p"
- Go home and again go to advanced and Select "Close AVB2.0" swipe to confirm.
- Go back and select "Install Root"
- Here you go magisk 19.4 will be installed (U can chose any other versions afterwards.)
- Reboot the device to system.
- Done!

LINKS

1. Mi Unlock tool
2. Minimal ADB and Fastboot
3. ADB Drivers for MTK
4. MTK USB Drivers
5. LR Team TWRP

Top Liked Posts