Idea about modding Xperia X micro-USB to USB-C

Search This thread

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Okay any news?
For unknown reasons I cannot explain by poor back metal cover got destroyed. It got weird scratch marks (metal wore off) and the weirdest thing it was ALWAYS in a specific case, so maybe the case inner material is the problem? I have no idea. Anyway im thinking since I may change the back plate since it is very cheap (15 eur) and looks ugly af now, maybe im going to attempt switching to usb C, which costs like 5 eur

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Also, does anybody know a way to repair marks on the plastic sides.of the phone? The paint comes of very easily and looks kinda ugly, I think using a marker the same color isnt a good idea

Gray47Maxx

Impossible. Just don't waste your time on this.
Reason is very simple:
1. You'll need a special controller for this. Kernel recompiling will be mandratory as well.
2. Again, you'll not have ANY support by anyone there. So, for example, if you want to flash a custom ROM you'll need to recompile the kernel again. And since there are no normal kernel devs there, don't even think you'd make it working.
Oh, and controller will 95% not launch on X.

FoxTheLegend

Feb 5, 2017
Athens
Reason is very simple:
1. You'll need a special controller for this. Kernel recompiling will be mandratory as well.
2. Again, you'll not have ANY support by anyone there. So, for example, if you want to flash a custom ROM you'll need to recompile the kernel again. And since there are no normal kernel devs there, don't even think you'd make it working.
****, didn't know that just a port required such a difference software wise. Good thing I gave up on the idea anyway

Not that hard to do actually

There is no need for special fw. The hardest part would be to cut the hole nicely since usb c is bigger.

There would not be any advantage other than being able to connect charger both ways and more durability. I'm thinking of buying this phone rn so if I get it I'll do it

Superkenel

Nov 6, 2021
Sony Xperia X
Sony Xperia XA2
All is explain here

The way to do it is to remove the Mini Usb plug and solder an Usb-C on the Mini USB port, with a resistor.
So it's not an easy job, may be try it on an old **** phone before to try on the xperia x.

I am not sure that you can change the all stuff on the go, because it will need different drivers for the motherboard, USB-C is like USB3.0, and not like USB2.0.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reason is very simple:
    I wondered about a few things I hope you can enlighten me.

1) How do we close the panel after removing it? Do I need to buy adhesive for it or is it reusable?
    * I saw the video, turns out he replaces the adhesive, still wonder if its necessary
    2) Is it possible to mod the phone by replacing some parts with the xperia X performance? I mean, they are very similar, and I wonder if you can for example change the battery or something like that. It sounds pretty risky though, since it wasn't designed for the model

1/ In the past, all the Z lines-up will need to replace the adhesive, for one important reason, keep the dust/water resistance of the device. X doesn't have the official IP rating, so I don't really think we "have to" replace. However, in the process of taking things out and in, I think it's a better way of doing thing. Plus, the adhesive is dirt cheap.

2./ This is the off-topic question. And personally I don't think we really need to have the X performance battery, because they're not that difference :D :D and all the front - rear cameras, speakers v.v. is basically the same.

we love to have USB-C on the X :D :D
    You must be mistake of the Xperia XA.

Please check it:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7948&idPhone2=7949&idPhone3=7950

XA: 2300 mah
    X: 2620mah
    X per: 2700mah

I don't see any point we should take a risk for only 80mah increment
    I think he means a completely different battery, which would be nearly impossible / dangerous /risky