[IDEA FOR APP] make multitasking as in ios

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
I want write an idea about an app which can help in multitasking.
I'm not able to do that but... Someone may be able??

The idea is simple: in ios when I launch an app I can pause it and resume it without problems. I can resume it from where it was. It's possible to make an app which can make this? Can "freeze" the app in state which it is and resume it from the last point?
No lock in memory (ram, zram or swap) but write the state on sd card to resume it.

I hope I'm not writing something impossible :)

I'm absolutely not a fan boy of apple and ios! But I hate to have a gs3 and have a very poor multitasking and see how much app iPhone can handle in the same time!

Hope in something good :)

From universe with my gs3

Reactions: nickefor

PenguinxEnjoi

Dec 22, 2012
Carbondale
Depending on how you go to your app, the state will be preserved. For example, if I open Falcon Pro, hit home and press the icon again, the app loads back up just like you said. But if I do the same thing except instead instead of pressing home, I long press the home button and go into Falcon, everything is redrawn and the app basically starts over. The way multitasking is handled can depend on your Android version too,

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Greenefy can't make the trick. I have asked in the dedicated thread.

I have android 4.1.2 version. I also think it depends from the app but.... It's possible to manipulate externally the apps to have this behavior?

njmsmith

May 11, 2012
My only complaint about Android 4.0+ multitasking is having only a single column preview of apps, and only 3-4 fit on a screen. Two columns would be ideal. I saw some HTC phone that had that, don't remember which one, it fit 9 previews on the screen, and I haven't found an apk to do that.

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
This is just my point of view and is not intended to offend anyone.

iOS doesn't multitask.
The whole freezing the app so it continues where its at would 1.Be power hungry and possible drain batteries. 2. Resources hungry, imagine if you completely overwrote how android really multitasks and just decided to store all these apps in RAM, just like a iOS does, your phone would slow down to a crawl!
(I have friends with iPhone 5s that get a little pop up box telling them to close apps to free up memory to be able to run other apps)

Androids multitask feature does and is way more progressive than iOS will ever be. You can continue on your work. But android multitasking is one of a kind.

I have a gs3 as well and I've never had a problem with multitask at all... I've never had to add extra tweaks to make my device faster... I can open 30 different apps and switch between them easily while my wife's iPhone simply asks her to close apps to open new ones...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Bulletblitz27

May 3, 2012
NYC
This is just my point of view and is not intended to offend anyone.

iOS doesn't multitask.
The whole freezing the app so it continues where its at would 1.Be power hungry and possible drain batteries. 2. Resources hungry, imagine if you completely overwrote how android really multitasks and just decided to store all these apps in RAM, just like a iOS does, your phone would slow down to a crawl!
(I have friends with iPhone 5s that get a little pop up box telling them to close apps to free up memory to be able to run other apps)

Androids multitask feature does and is way more progressive than iOS will ever be. You can continue on your work. But android multitasking is one of a kind.

I have a gs3 as well and I've never had a problem with multitask at all... I've never had to add extra tweaks to make my device faster... I can open 30 different apps and switch between them easily while my wife's iPhone simply asks her to close apps to open new ones...

I've had an iPhone and I never had any issues with running out of memory or even battery life for that matter. That was my iPhone 4 so I would imagine the 5 handles it better. While I love Android I will admit iOS handles multitasking way better, while Android makes it easier with the recent apps interface.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City
I've had an iPhone and I never had any issues with running out of memory or even battery life for that matter. That was my iPhone 4 so I would imagine the 5 handles it better. While I love Android I will admit iOS handles multitasking way better, while Android makes it easier with the recent apps interface.

iOS doesn't multitask ;)

Reactions: PenguinxEnjoi

SpaceCaker

Mar 26, 2011
netherlands
www.youtube.com
i have done this once on ICS and changed the thumbnail heights to 0 added custom bCkground and change vertical to horizontal

and fix the layout a bit

its easy to do

but will need to search ny old files again

Sent from my S500 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want write an idea about an app which can help in multitasking.
    I'm not able to do that but... Someone may be able??

The idea is simple: in ios when I launch an app I can pause it and resume it without problems. I can resume it from where it was. It's possible to make an app which can make this? Can "freeze" the app in state which it is and resume it from the last point?
    No lock in memory (ram, zram or swap) but write the state on sd card to resume it.

I hope I'm not writing something impossible :)

I'm absolutely not a fan boy of apple and ios! But I hate to have a gs3 and have a very poor multitasking and see how much app iPhone can handle in the same time!

Hope in something good :)

iOS doesn't multitask ;)