Idle drain still a problem?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Is idle drain still a problem after people have rooted and frozen bloat apps? Here is a screen shot of good idle drain from an HTC one mini. 3% in 9 hours.

When I had an X and a Droid Mini, they lost 10-15% in that same time period, despite showing 98% deep sleep in better battery stats. And they were setup exactly the same as the one mini.

Anybody with an X getting anything close to as good as what I posted?

And for those who want to say "who cares," the point is that idle drain overnight is indicative of idle drain during the day. Bad idle drain is a symptom of other problems and poor optimization by Motorola, imo, and it concerns me.

Sent from my HTC One mini

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379328557619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379328557619.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 149

Yazzinit

Jan 9, 2011
I don't really notice it. I charge overnight and it lasts through the entire day and into the late evenings (8-11pm). When you're getting 5 hours of screen time, I think the optimization is working lol.

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
My idle drain is comparable to what you posted. I went to bed at about midnight with a full charge and now it's 7 and I'm at 98%.

Did you do anything to the qualcom running process like someone else did? I thought we were supposed to leave that one alone. Curious now

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
Nope, haven't touched it. It doesn't give me any issues.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks! I'm pretty sure my setup is mimicking yours. I do have xposed installed for motoxposed but I'm still on the fence whether it's causing any slow downs or not.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Thanks! I'm pretty sure my setup is mimicking yours. I do have xposed installed for motoxposed but I'm still on the fence whether it's causing any slow downs or not.

Are you seeing excessive idle drain? Metal head is about the only person I've seen posting good things about idle drain. I'm tempted to buy another X now that we have root, but seeing 15% drain in 8 or 9 hours of idle just bothers me to no end for some reason.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Just out of curiosity, do those who get excessive drain leave their phone face up or face down during long idle times?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

I actually tested this and for me it did not make a difference. In fact, turning off active notifications did not affect idle drain either--it was excessive either way.

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Just out of curiosity, do those who get excessive drain leave their phone face up or face down during long idle times?

Also I would add that I think this problem affects most X owners, even though some (or most) will never notice. The battery threads show that pretty much EVERYBODY has higher than normal android OS use, due to the kernel according to gsam battery monitor. I think that is what's responsible for the drain, and personally I couldn't get it to go down even when I disabled everything. Android OS simply should not be the #2 battery drain behind screen, and it almost universally is on the X and the new Droids.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Also I would add that I think this problem affects most X owners, even though some (or most) will never notice. The battery threads show that pretty much EVERYBODY has higher than normal android OS use, due to the kernel according to gsam battery monitor. I think that is what's responsible for the drain, and personally I couldn't get it to go down even when I disabled everything. Android OS simply should not be the #2 battery drain behind screen, and it almost universally is on the X and the new Droids.

My Android OS drain is significantly lower now than it was before I froze everything. We're talking 11% vs 62% for the screen.

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
Are you seeing excessive idle drain? Metal head is about the only person I've seen posting good things about idle drain. I'm tempted to buy another X now that we have root, but seeing 15% drain in 8 or 9 hours of idle just bothers me to no end for some reason.

Nope, just always looking at finding better batt life. Last avg was 0.7% drain overnight. Just did a complete reinstall of the OS, root, and freeze. Going to see what happens tonight. Also hoping my moto assist starts working.

linuxgator

Sep 5, 2011
Moto G Power
Is your wifi & mobile network access enabled under location access? That also causes drain, seemingly constantly. As far as I know, that is a bug with Google services and isn't unique to the X, but most prevalent in 4.2+ devices.

rmead01

Sep 6, 2012
Is your wifi & mobile network access enabled under location access? That also causes drain, seemingly constantly. As far as I know, that is a bug with Google services and isn't unique to the X, but most prevalent in 4.2+ devices.

always. If I turn this off google now and anything else that needs GPS stops functioning. takes too long to get a gps lock without.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My idle drain is comparable to what you posted. I went to bed at about midnight with a full charge and now it's 7 and I'm at 98%.