IDOL 3 Mobile Upgrade app download from Alcatel OneTouch's website

Search This thread

mk3

Aug 1, 2008
GMT -8
I can confirm this works!! (6045i US version)
**OP please consider adding this URL as originally posted by bob30 to your post to bring attention to others who may be in the same boat. It seems that all these versions of Mobile updater are compatible with most devices as once you install the program you pick which device you're updating. This newer version 4.9.2 may have fixed a bug keeping some 6045 devices from updating properly. This was the case for bob30 and myself, fixing the issue for 6045y and 6045i.
http://alcatelonetouch.com/global-en/support/download/pixi_3_7_4g.html

Done, thanks for sharing the info.

the.teejster

Aug 14, 2008
Can any Bell Canada users confirm this software to work and update their device ?
I haven't seen a single update from Bell since this device was release so it would be nice to not have to rely on the carriers to deliver updates !

I was one of the ones who fully unrooted, downloaded and installed the latest update only to have the system hang on start-up screen..then foolishly ran the factory reset option in stock recovery.
Had to actually search to find that version I didn't see it on the OP link. I was using Windows 7 pro and had to disable digital driver signing in order to get all the usb drivers installed properly. For me the whole process took about 35mins. The updater appeared to hang at 99% for many minutes but then continued on. The mobile updater installed the latest version for my phone, 7SRA-UEA2.

**OP please consider adding this URL as originally posted by bob30 to your post to bring attention to others who may be in the same boat. It seems that all these versions of Mobile updater are compatible with most devices as once you install the program you pick which device you're updating. This newer version 4.9.2 may have fixed a bug keeping some 6045 devices from updating properly. This was the case for bob30 and myself, fixing the issue for 6045y and 6045i.

sti2nr

Aug 14, 2014
Can any Bell Canada users confirm this software to work and update their device ?
I haven't seen a single update from Bell since this device was release so it would be nice to not have to rely on the carriers to deliver updates !

I'm pretty sure it will not update to UEA2 because it has not been released to carriers yet and updates are limited by carriers through IMEI. If you have success attempting it let us know.

Reactions: adeptustech

xZrender

Mar 4, 2015
when i uprgrade phone application stuck o 20% and say " that is no greater firmware for your phone" what i can do to get the new firmware ?

murigny64

Apr 17, 2012
REIMS
Hello all, Mobile Upgrade 4.9.2 work on 6045Y France.

But Alcatel server is very slow to dl new version (max 110KB/s) so, it's very long to upgrade
Y'm on FTTH
40 mins and only 30/100 !!!

Please ! Alcatel ! boost your bandwith !

Last edited:

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
Hello all, Mobile Upgrade 4.9.2 work on 6045Y France.

But Alcatel server is very slow to dl new version (max 110KB/s) so, it's very long to upgrade
Y'm on FTTH
40 mins and only 30/100 !!!

Please ! Alcatel ! boost your bandwith !

Hi,

I disagree for the speed... When trying to solve my loss of signal issue, I used the 4.9.2 version at least 4 ou 5 times and everytime I was at full speed (for me 900ko/s). I am french also, with SOSH, lost in a small city. :)

droiddork

Oct 29, 2009
6045i Rooted, BootLoop

It worked for me, reinstalled and broke through the boot-loop. Took awhile with a fast connection, about an hour and one-half. At the end phone made some noises and restarted in a boot-loop twice, then when I depressed the power button, leaving usb connected, rebooted in current USA 6045i version and allowed me to hook into my google account even though I did not have my sim card installed...so this solved the boot-loop after attempt at de-root and upgrade problem, phone is totally functional, so far as I can tell at this point. Now current firmware version is 5.0.2-7SRA-UEA2

Last edited:

tillaz

Jan 20, 2011
Restored 6045Y with the 4.9.2 version here in UK

It took 7 hours...
download speeds where shockingly slow, I have a 50mb connection but the download varied from 60kb/s to 112kb/s
after downloading it hung on 99/100 for a good 30 to 40 mins but worked ;)

wiemar

Apr 1, 2010
i got twrp, root and cm and this app show me: there is no greater software version available to upgrade your phone. actual version of your phone is the latest - WTF?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's been noted that in the System Update app help section there's the following note:
    If your device is rooted, you have to use Mobile upgrade to recover your device before performing a system update.

*** updated dl link for newer version thanks to psu2fan
    Mobile Upgrade Q 4.9.2 Setup.zip

IDOL 3
    ONETOUCH Upgrade is a tool that helps you update your Alcatel mobile phone software with your personal computer.
    Operation System: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista /Win 7 / Win 8

Found this FAQ info on another site of theirs.
    http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/in/support/faq/one_touch_upgrade.html

** If you are stuck at 5% try this version!**

I was one of the ones who fully unrooted, downloaded and installed the latest update only to have the system hang on start-up screen..then foolishly ran the factory reset option in stock recovery.
    Had to actually search to find that version I didn't see it on the OP link. I was using Windows 7 pro and had to disable digital driver signing in order to get all the usb drivers installed properly. For me the whole process took about 35mins. The updater appeared to hang at 99% for many minutes but then continued on. The mobile updater installed the latest version for my phone, 7SRA-UEA2.

New version 4.9.2 on alcatel " pixi 3 (7) 4g " , don't block at 5% and flashes very well on rooted device ( 6045Y ) .
    alcatelonetouch.com - global-en - support - download - pixi_3_7_4g.html

New version 4.9.2 on alcatel " pixi 3 (7) 4g " , don't block at 5% and flashes very well on rooted device ( 6045Y ) .
    alcatelonetouch.com - global-en - support - download - pixi_3_7_4g.html
    New version 4.9.2 on alcatel " pixi 3 (7) 4g " , don't block at 5% and flashes well on rooted device.
    alcatelonetouch.com global-en support download pixi_3_7_4g.html
    This pixi tablet is the same as 6039, and so far there are no problems to reflash 6039 with the Mobile Upgrade Q software. Only most of the 6045 devices seems to be affected.
    I cant back to stock with mobile upgrade tool, it says "no avaliable device is detected. Please check the com port status. But when i go to device manager in drivers i found the com port 1. How to get back to stock?
    Edit: I installed drivers for alcatel idol 3 4.7

Quit the Mobile upgrade program if it run.
    Turn off phone
    Connect to PC via usb
    Wait until the big battery icon on your phone disappear (aka screen goes black)
    Hold at once volume up/down and power buttons.
    Red screen goes (release the buttons), hold volume up to enter download mode.
    And only after this start the Mobile upgrade program, now it will detect your phone.

I did the same on Sunday :-/