Question If i remove my sim card and do a factory reset and insert another country's sim card will my phone csc changed to that country's csc?

Search This thread

carlitobahsoun

Sep 26, 2012
beirut lebanon
No it won't. You need to get Samkey account. I also did it with Samkey. Bought phone from another country and change it to mine. I have spare account with credit in it if you are interested.
that way if u wana keep ur current sim card .
he want to use another sim card like for example :
if u are living in india and use indian sim card than u cant change csc and will detect indian sim card csc.
if u are living in india and u use german sim card than ur csc changed to DBT and receive OTA from germany .
WE CANT CHANGE CSC IF WE USE SAME SIM CARD FROM THE REGION WE LIVING.
ONLY VIA SAMKEY THAT NOT ALLOWED AFTER AUGUST PATCH FOR S21 ULTRA.

HOPE I HELP

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
Brunei Darussalam,Kuala Belait
Eeeerm, to my knowledge, this hasnt worked since the introduction of Android 10.

I bought a Vietnam phone csc, and it did not switch to my sim csc.

This method, and the dialer code one are gone.
So eventho i remove my sim and format and insert the other country sim the csc won't change too
that way if u wana keep ur current sim card .
he want to use another sim card like for example :
if u are living in india and use indian sim card than u cant change csc and will detect indian sim card csc.
if u are living in india and u use german sim card than ur csc changed to DBT and receive OTA from germany .
WE CANT CHANGE CSC IF WE USE SAME SIM CARD FROM THE REGION WE LIVING.
ONLY VIA SAMKEY THAT NOT ALLOWED AFTER AUGUST PATCH FOR S21 ULTRA.

HOPE I HELP
I'm from Brunei my current csc is Singapore XSP and they release firmware very slow. I wanna change to XME which is malaysia and i have an malaysia sim card with me. I just need the phone to be in XME to receive software updates faster. By formatting and backing up again will take kinda lot of work. Just need a confirmation if i put that malaysia sim card after a factory reset will it change from XSP to XME..

So eventho i remove my sim and format and insert the other country sim the csc won't change too
As i said, that didn't even work for me on my Note 9 with Android 10, apparently it worked up to Android 9, but i am not sure about that either.

If i recall correctly, the only time when someone can change the CSC is within a country from Branded (Vodafone i.e.,) to Unbranded, and yet again i am not sure.

I know for a fact that you cannot just CHANGE THE CSC anymore. Not with SIM, not with Odin and not with the dialer codes. If you are on January/February firmware, i think you can still use the dialer code, but you cannot downgrade anymore due to the bootloader incrementation.

Currently your only bet is SamKey, i used it like the other user did too. It's a highly unfair method from a dev that sought the opportunity to make some money. And you need to be on May firmware for that, but luckily you can downgrade as May uses the same bootloader as the latest October build, and that may change very soon.

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
As i said, that didn't even work for me on my Note 9 with Android 10, apparently it worked up to Android 9, but i am not sure about that either.

If i recall correctly, the only time when someone can change the CSC is within a country from Branded (Vodafone i.e.,) to Unbranded, and yet again i am not sure.

I know for a fact that you cannot just CHANGE THE CSC anymore. Not with SIM, not with Odin and not with the dialer codes. If you are on January/February firmware, i think you can still use the dialer code, but you cannot downgrade anymore due to the bootloader incrementation.

Currently your only bet is SamKey, i used it like the other user did too. It's a highly unfair method from a dev that sought the opportunity to make some money. And you need to be on May firmware for that, but luckily you can downgrade as May uses the same bootloader as the latest October build, and that may change very soon.
Thank you for the clear clarification.. i shall save my time and data for not doing something that is not going to work. However i have never used samkey before and will need to find ppl selling the credits right

Thank you for the clear clarification.. i shall save my time and data for not doing something that is not going to work. However i have never used samkey before and will need to find ppl selling the credits right
@emirefek offered you something above. For changing CSC with SamKey, you actually need just 1 credit. The dev does not sell anything under 45 if i recall correctly. On ebay however, people resell 15 of them in one package. It's infuriating but hey, it's the only solution out there.

I did mine from a friend, where he made me share my USB port over the internet. Forgot the damn name of the app but it was mindblowing that something like that exists.

No to l

I'm from Brunei my current csc is Singapore XSP and they release firmware very slow. I wanna change to XME which is malaysia and i have an malaysia sim card with me. I just need the phone to be in XME to receive software updates faster. By formatting and backing up again will take kinda lot of work. Just need a confirmation if i put that malaysia sim card after a factory reset will it change from XSP to XME..
Simple answer. No. But XSP and XME are in the same multi-csc group OXM so you can change by doing the dialer thing. If you look at your software information you will see this line.
XSP/XSP,XSP/XSP/xxx
There 4 csc for phones from XSP. If your phone is directly from samsung ... its xsp but the opetators' phones have different csc.

Xxx will change according to the SIM. But I am not sure if it will allow your phone to OTA according to xxx. I suspect even if you xhange csc this line will be
XSP/XSP,XSP/XME/xxx

The easiest way is to download releases for CSC DBT and odin.

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
No to l

Simple answer. No. But XSP and XME are in the same multi-csc group OXM so you can change by doing the dialer thing. If you look at your software information you will see this line.
XSP/XSP,XSP/XSP/xxx
There 4 csc for phones from XSP. If your phone is directly from samsung ... its xsp but the opetators' phones have different csc.

Xxx will change according to the SIM. But I am not sure if it will allow your phone to OTA according to xxx. I suspect even if you xhange csc this line will be
XSP/XSP,XSP/XME/xxx

The easiest way is to download releases for CSC DBT and odin.
Correct at the moment is XSP/XSP,XSP/XSP/XSP

You mean download DBT csc firmware to flash? Will it affect ota updates?

Correct at the moment is XSP/XSP,XSP/XSP/XSP

You mean download DBT csc firmware to flash? Will it affect ota updates?
No. But DBT will have monthly updates so DBT will always be ahead of XSP so XSP OTA will be older than DBT.

So if your phone is following dbt releases, you will never ota... with xsp.

Last edited:

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
No. But DBT will have monthly updates so DBT will always be ahead of XSP so XSP OTA will be older than DBT.

So if your phone is following dbt releases, you will never ota... with xsp.
Sorry but confused.. if i flashed dbt firmware i will not get ota?

Previously i have tried downloading xme firmware but the software provider part still shows all xsp except security patched was updated.. previously on june updates

Sorry but confused.. if i flashed dbt firmware i will not get ota?

Previously i have tried downloading xme firmware but the software provider part still shows all xsp except security patched was updated.. previously on june updates
You will still get ota. If xsp ota is newer than what is in the phone. But if you keep flashing dbt, the xsp ota is never newer so ota not necessary

Flashing will not change csc

galaxy16

Nov 14, 2011
You will still get ota. If xsp ota is newer than what is in the phone. But if you keep flashing dbt, the xsp ota is never newer so ota not necessary

Flashing will not change csc
I wouldn't not want to always download a full rom 7.5gb monthly to manual flash the update.. ota is still preferred. Seems like only choice is to wait or change csc with samkey now

I wouldn't not want to always download a full rom 7.5gb monthly to manual flash the update.. ota is still preferred. Seems like only choice is to wait or change csc with samkey now
I am not sure Samkey really does that. ;) be careful ...

All this is related to security , e.g. samsung pay, stolen phone etc so its not so easy..

Top Liked Posts