If SGP771 with bootloader unlock NOT ALLOWED, any chance to use LineageOS?

Search This thread

e-ghost

Aug 24, 2012
If SGP771 with bootloader unlock NOT ALLOWED, is there still any chance to use LineageOS?

Or this machine must stay with stock ROM? :(

Thanks a lot!

torben5247

Apr 13, 2013
i would try to unlock it and see what happens. maybe it can be unlocked and then you can install lineageOS...

e-ghost

Aug 24, 2012
In this forum, I found a tutorial about even bootloader locked can temp root the Z4 Tablet to backup the YA partition. Can this be used to install twrp then LineageOS at once?

Thanks a lot!

DHGE

Jun 20, 2015
coastal paradise
Can this be used to install twrp then LineageOS at once?

No

Do not buy any device with locked bootloaders (current Huawei e.g.) if you want root or custom ROMs or permanent debloat.

With SONY devices it could also be a good idea to check if you can backup the TA if you ever want to sell the device in "original" software condition - by that time the chance is high that SONY abandoned the device already.

kaziu687

Jul 9, 2011
It's old thread but maybe it will be helpful. If you see "bootloader unlock allowed: no" then check if my xperia protection is enabled. If enabled then do factory reset and disable it, after that (need unlock with Google account after factory reset) my tablet shows "bootloader unlock allowed: yes".