If you are having trouble wilh Swype You might try flexT9

Search This thread

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
This alternative works really well. I had it for my previous 7" tablet but when I got the xoom it was no longer available. They now support the xoom and I've reinstalled it. Is from the makers of Dragon Naturally Speaking. It costs 4.95 but includes 4 input methods: swipe, voice input, writing (but not cursive) and typing.

I really like it when I have to take notes. It's pretty quick and is pretty good in swipe mode with adding the correct punctuation, though until you train it, it comes up with some pretty humorous (or irritating) guesses. Voice recognition is really quite good. For regular typing its fine but I prefer the Tablet keyboard (as it is just like a pc keyboard).

Consider checking this one out.

Last edited:

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010
This alternative works really well. I had it for my previous 7" tablet but when I got the xoom it was no longer available. They now support the xoom and I've reinstalled it. Is from the makers of Dragon Naturally Speaking. It costs 4.95 but includes 4 input methods: swipe, voice input, writing (but not cursive) and typing. For regular typing its fine but I prefer the Tablet keyboard (as it is just like a pc keyboard).:

x2. i've been using this for the past 2 months or so. love the layout keyboard (looks like the galaxy tab keyboard) and the swiping capability. only gripe is that it seems to drain battery? are you experiencing the same issue?

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
x2. i've been using this for the past 2 months or so. love the layout keyboard (looks like the galaxy tab keyboard) and the swiping capability. only gripe is that it seems to drain battery? are you experiencing the same issue?
I haven't been using it long enough to tell yet.

I'd like to be offered an option to use either flexT9 or the Tablet keyboard every time i start to type but I haven't been able to set that up. Do you know how?

ryan562

Feb 28, 2010

I'd like to be offered an option to use either flexT9 or the Tablet keyboard every time i start to type but I haven't been able to set that up. Do you know how?

yeah. go to settings--language and input---keyboard settings-input settings-select "always show"

this is off the top off my head as i don't have the xoom with me at the moment. i believe that's what you do to have the keyboard icon show up in the notification bar whenever you start typing. u can hit that icon and an option to what keyboard you want to use will pop up. remember to check the boxes all the keyboards you want to use in the settings menu before you proceed or else the flext9 will not show up as an optional keyboard.

Reactions: okantomi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

yeah. go to settings--language and input---keyboard settings-input settings-select "always show"

this is off the top off my head as i don't have the xoom with me at the moment. i believe that's what you do to have the keyboard icon show up in the notification bar whenever you start typing. u can hit that icon and an option to what keyboard you want to use will pop up. remember to check the boxes all the keyboards you want to use in the settings menu before you proceed or else the flext9 will not show up as an optional keyboard.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone