If you updated and are now limited to 60% here's the fix

Search This thread

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Good to see some of us still in here. I was lucky to get tipped off to the update and was able to use the method from the Note 7 Rebels to block T-Mobile downloading that crap to my phone. It's getting ugly!!!

Reactions: AllanonX

demented3601

Nov 8, 2016
help

can anyone tell me where to put the file home_csc there is only room for 4 files in odin 3.12 im lost please help! t-mobile pushed the update on me while i was sleeping couldnt stop it!!

updated:
thank you all that helped my phone is back to normal!!
followed the instruction and worked perfectly.

Thank You Mike_Disturbed_1992 for the files and for naming them so a noob like me wouldn't brick his phone lol !

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Disturbed_1992

lefdawg

Nov 19, 2012
Fix 60% battery

I used CSC, not HOME CSC...Odin says I passed. Waiting on reboot now.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

can anyone tell me where to put the file home_csc there is only room for 4 files in odin 3.12 im lost please help! t-mobile pushed the update on me while i was sleeping couldnt stop it!!

so far i have not used the one that says home csc...so far so good. brb with more intel

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Well, this worked for me 100%. Who ever did this fix, name plz!!!!! I tip my hat to you sir, i bow down to you.....you are fkn great!!!!!!!!!!!!! My phone is t-mobile NOTE 7 v2 with green battery, forced update to 60% battery, your fix has reversed it. Great fkn day my friends!!!!!!! Thnx a million!!!!!!!!!! But i used 4 of the downloads, i did not use the one that said ....... Home csc.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

So package disabler, i don't get the icon notification for that dam update, but when i go into my settings it is the first thing at the top and my settings app has a red badge on it. How do i get rid of that???? Help please, anyone!!!!! Mind you i did have the update done, but was able to revert with you guys help. Then i installed the package disabler, i put a check mark where needed, rebooted my device, but red badge still shows up.

Last edited:

S3BAZ10

Oct 4, 2009
Coral Springs
I used CSC, not HOME CSC...Odin says I passed. Waiting on reboot now.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

so far i have not used the one that says home csc...so far so good. brb with more intel

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Well, this worked for me 100%. Who ever did this fix, name plz!!!!! I tip my hat to you sir, i bow down to you.....you are fkn great!!!!!!!!!!!!! My phone is t-mobile NOTE 7 v2 with green battery, forced update to 60% battery, your fix has reversed it. Great fkn day my friends!!!!!!! Thnx a million!!!!!!!!!! But i used 4 of the downloads, i did not use the one that said ....... Home csc.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

So package disabler, i don't get the icon notification for that dam update, but when i go into my settings it is the first thing at the top and my settings app has a red badge on it. How do i get rid of that???? Help please, anyone!!!!! Mind you i did have the update done, but was able to revert with you guys help. Then i installed the package disabler, i put a check mark where needed, rebooted my device, but red badge still shows up.

you dont get rid of it. it wont. cause there still is an update. but if you disabled the samsung update, youre good.

Nov 6, 2016
YES! I'm trying to figure out how to flash PGC but no luck so far, these phones are different than the S4 and S5 I used to do

Sent from my S7 Edge using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

The first one from 8.16 is what mine came with

One of the senior members at this site said there's no way to go back to the original stocked firmware. Samsung is blocking people from doing so because it's possible to Root while that firmware is installed. I haven't heard of a way to block or disabled the annoying Safety Recall Notice Box either only block the system updates with Package Disabler Pro. This is just the beginning of the end if these go according to what I'm reading this site. Blocking the IMEI# from carriers. SMH

ArmyofTracy

Jul 6, 2012
HOUSTON

Mine did the same, I re flashed with Odin stay of WiFi and skip everything to get to home screen, install package disabler from SD card and before you click activate turn on WiFi, activate quickly enough and turn off WiFi till you check packages in list then your good...I had to do twice.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

One of the senior members at this site said there's no way to go back to the original stocked firmware. Samsung is blocking people from doing so because it's possible to Root while that firmware is installed. I haven't heard of a way to block or disabled the annoying Safety Recall Notice Box either only block the system updates with Package Disabler Pro. This is just the beginning of the end if these go according to what I'm reading this site. Blocking the IMEI# from carriers. SMH

Where there's a will there's a way

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
Backed all my stuff up last night, finally went ahead and went through the steps listed, worked flawlessly. Only issue I ran into was Odin wasn't recognizing my phone when I plugged it in, I updated drivers and it connected. Thanks very much. Feels good to be back at 100%

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
updated packagedisabler doesnt see the apps.
hit menu then manual disable

com.sec.android.soagent
com.wssyncmldm
and done!

aparasg1

Oct 5, 2013
Confirmed method worked. Got green battery icon back and used the app to block updates. No annoying messages whenever I plug in or turn on phone. Thanks. But i can't get Samsung pay to work. Secure folder works.

Last edited:

ArmyofTracy

Jul 6, 2012
HOUSTON
Confirmed method worked. Got green battery icon back and used the app to block updates. No annoying messages whenever I plug in or turn on phone. Thanks. But i can't get Samsung pay to work. Secure folder works. I can't get blutooth to find my jbl charge 3 , so I think there is a problem. I'm gonna restart and try sam pay and blutooth again.

If anyone flashes this and has any issues with apps not working afterward, go into recovery and wipe cache then factory reset, next download mode and Odin again. Sometimes things don't get cleared out the first time...it happens with any phone

Reactions: phenixof4

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
Confirmed method worked. Got green battery icon back and used the app to block updates. No annoying messages whenever I plug in or turn on phone. Thanks. But i can't get Samsung pay to work. Secure folder works. I can't get blutooth to find my jbl charge 3 , so I think there is a problem. I'm gonna restart and try sam pay and blutooth again.

I have the same exact problems with Bluetooth and Samsung pay. I installed the provided apk, It ask me to select a security verification method but when I select something like finger print, it bring me to the next screen to input my fingerprint but nothing happens from there. I'm going to try clearing cache and report back

aparasg1

Oct 5, 2013
I have the same exact problems with Bluetooth and Samsung pay. I installed the provided apk, It ask me to select a security verification method but when I select something like finger print, it bring me to the next screen to input my fingerprint but nothing happens from there. I'm going to try clearing cache and report back

I figured it all out. Look back on page 4 and grab the sam pay fw all and install that first then use the other apk to update it. Install apks from a file explorer. Now I'm all set and working 100%

Reactions: marvinlh

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone