If you updated and are now limited to 60% here's the fix

Search This thread

waterpass

Jan 18, 2012
samsung pay

Everything works fine!!! No recall message!!! I did as it was described and sam pay stopped working no matter how many times install and uninstall does not go further from password selection method.
Any ideas?

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
Could you please send me the link or quote it? Can't find it.
8dd426ed7fcb1c8dd222900f21dd9b35.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: waterpass
Nov 6, 2016
Everything worked great, no more update messages. NOW, how do you get rid of the recall message when you plug in for charging? Am i the only one with this problem?

I have the same problem and been searching for the answer for few days now on this site without any luck. The way I was told is to go roll back to the original factory stock firmware. PGC I believe it's called. I asked if there's some way Package Disabler could block it but no one replies. Maybe not possible since it's built into the PI4 firmware that everyone hates.

Hopefully you have more luck in finding the answer than me. The Safety Recall Notice box is soooooooo annoying!!!

Please let us all know if you do get answer. Thanks.

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I have the same problem and been searching for the answer for few days now on this site without any luck. The way I was told is to go roll back to the original factory stock firmware. PGC I believe it's called. I asked if there's some way Package Disabler could block it but no one replies. Maybe not possible since it's built into the PI4 firmware that everyone hates.

Hopefully you have more luck in finding the answer than me. The Safety Recall Notice box is soooooooo annoying!!!

Please let us all know if you do get answer. Thanks.

Good luck trying to roll back past PI4 lol

Im using pack disabler on PI4 and eas easy to block the annoying pop ups i was getting from samsung but i never let my device update to the 60% charge firmware either so perhaps that is why its working.

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2

DarFar73

yippee!

My girlfriend got an auto update from T-Mobile on her note 7 and it limited her phone to only charge up to 60%. So I found the stock firmware for the previous version and used Odin to flash it over. I also used package disabler pro to prevent future updates. I will link a download to all files from my Google drive as they took wayyy too long to download off of the original site. It will include, the stock firmware (there's 5 parts) Odin (latest version) and package disabler pro. Hopefully anybody reading this is familiar with Odin but if not please ask any questions I'm sure either I or someone else on here can answer them.
Man I love you! Thank you for finding this fix for our annoying problem. It's wonderful to have my "old" new phone back.

I have one small error that I didn't notice anyone else had in the discussion thread. When charging (regular charge) a message on the blank screen that is stationary states, "No photos selected". Can you advise why this error appears?

Thank you again! You're the bomb!!

Nov 6, 2016
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4sypKmP8n2WaXphTGp5RTQ4X0E

hi i did OP and the package disabler but i still see this (image linked)

i still see the software update, is that normal

what did i mess up

pls help

thanks

After you flash the phone with Odin it reboots to the start screen for you make you don't connect to WiFi and definitely don't leave your carrier's SIM card in there. It will connect.

Install Package Disabler Pro from the downloads the original poster put up. While Package Disabler Pro is open turn on WiFi just to activate it and get admin rights then quickly turn of WiFi. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILE WIFI IS TURNED ON. Disable the process described in the previous post and you're good to go.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Everything works fine!!! No recall message!!! I did as it was described and sam pay stopped working no matter how many times install and uninstall does not go further from password selection method.
Any ideas?

How did you stop the Safety Recall Notice box message?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Good luck trying to roll back past PI4 lol

Im using pack disabler on PI4 and eas easy to block the annoying pop ups i was getting from samsung but i never let my device update to the 60% charge firmware either so perhaps that is why its working.

I'm not trying to roll back to PGC, I've never left PI4. I just want to stop the Safety Recall Notice box from popping up. Isn't there any real programmers on this?!

Reactions: mecampo

waterpass

Jan 18, 2012
After you flash the phone with Odin it reboots to the start screen for you make you don't connect to WiFi and definitely don't leave your carrier's SIM card in there. It will connect.

Install Package Disabler Pro from the downloads the original poster put up. While Package Disabler Pro is open turn on WiFi just to activate it and get admin rights then quickly turn of WiFi. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILE WIFI IS TURNED ON. Disable the process described in the previous post and you're good to go.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

How did you stop the Safety Recall Notice box message?
Thanks to Mike_Disturbed_1992
grab all files along with Odin, Package Disabler, and LEAVE SAMSUNG PAY. You need to plugin all files where they belong to and flush it. I hope no need detailed how to on that. Do a quick setup on your phone and enable Airplane mode. Drop on your phone and Insall Package Disabler and run it. You will need to find and disable apps shown on google drive.
--->>> https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0c6ZaGr79eTSUt0NkJOc1VFWTg

Thanks to ArmoyfTracy
grab the Sam Pay FW and SamPay download it to your phone and install SamPayFW first then update with SamPay. DO NOT OPEN SAM PAY BEFORE INSTALLING AND UPDATING!!! Enjoy!!!

thecavemankevin

Feb 23, 2012
Will this package and instructions work on a AT&T Note 7 v2 (green battery icon)? I see mostly mentions about tmobile. I had the samsung malware cripple my phone to 60% battery earlier this week. I need to get it back up to 100%. This is driving me nuts.

Thank

mythraven

Nov 13, 2016
I have Canadian Note7, original one purchased from Samsung and used rogers sim card with.

I tried OP's AP file but i get the MD5 hash value is invalid when i tried adding it to ODIN.

I went online and found this file from this site: rootmygalaxy . net/download-galaxy-note-7-stock-firmware-roms-models
It actually added, but i added the BL AP CP and CSC files that came with it also, and when i hit Start, i get red fail box.

Has anyone successfully done this on a Canadian Note7?

Im going to try this one next but dont have time right now. Will report back in.
updato . com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=5136A83C663111E69A56FA163EE8F90B

force70

Jan 27, 2012
toronto
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I have Canadian Note7, original one purchased from Samsung and used rogers sim card with.

I tried OP's AP file but i get the MD5 hash value is invalid when i tried adding it to ODIN.

I went online and found this file from this site: rootmygalaxy . net/download-galaxy-note-7-stock-firmware-roms-models
It actually added, but i added the BL AP CP and CSC files that came with it also, and when i hit Start, i get red fail box.

Has anyone successfully done this on a Canadian Note7?

Im going to try this one next but dont have time right now. Will report back in.
updato . com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=5136A83C663111E69A56FA163EE8F90B

Yes.....many people have.

Check the note 7 Canadian thread last couple posts for links.

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone