If you updated and are now limited to 60% here's the fix

Search This thread

marvinlh

Oct 28, 2009
New Orleans
I figured it all out. Look back on page 4 and grab the sam pay fw all and install that first then use the other apk to update it. Install apks from a file explorer. Now I'm all set and working 100%

I did a reset and then flashed the files through Odin, and tried Samsung pay but it still didn't work. Then I tried the way you just said and it still didn't work. I did a factory reset, then tried the steps you said and it worked fine. Thanks. Maybe that should be added in the OP for anyone in the future. The Samsung pay app should be replaced by the apks posted before even trying to open Samsung pay or it wont work. Im all set now. Thanks

joseph-

Mar 23, 2014
My girlfriend got an auto update from T-Mobile on her note 7 and it limited her phone to only charge up to 60%. So I found the stock firmware for the previous version and used Odin to flash it over. I also used package disabler pro to prevent future updates. I will link a download to all files from my Google drive as they took wayyy too long to download off of the original site. It will include, the stock firmware (there's 5 parts) Odin (latest version) and package disabler pro. Hopefully anybody reading this is familiar with Odin but if not please ask any questions I'm sure either I or someone else on here can answer them.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0c6ZaGr79eTSUt0NkJOc1VFWTg

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-install-firmware-on-samsung-galaxy-devices
Above is also a guide on how to use Odin for those of you who arent familiar with it!

How did you use package disabler to prevent future update?

mecampo

Jan 19, 2011
Cypress, TX
Reactions: RaymondPJR

Serephim96

Nov 11, 2016
Does anyone know whether this works with the Asia variant of the phone?(SM-N930F) Specifically for Singapore? I've tried flashing the rom using Odin but it keeps ending up with a FAIL and secure check fail(pit)
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Re-Partition operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Hyperoptic904

Mar 1, 2012
wonderful

I definitely did this and it definitely worked and I have an OG galaxy note 7 per order... just great

equake

Updated with the original files from OP and it worked with 100% battery charge currently and no Nag screens of recalled Note 7. I'm not sure for those who used the Samsung Cloud backup feature but it actually restored all apps and screens as b4 the FW restore to API4. I thought ODIN would wipe clean and reset the phone and ask the user to go thru New Setup.

my 2 cents

arma-ss

Nov 6, 2016
Works like a charm!!!

I do not know what did you have in the files but it worked just fine!!! I have tried several times with identical files from another location
and no luck was getting fail every single time.
Thanks for the help!!!

force70

Updated with the original files from OP and it worked with 100% battery charge currently and no Nag screens of recalled Note 7. I'm not sure for those who used the Samsung Cloud backup feature but it actually restored all apps and screens as b4 the FW restore to API4. I thought ODIN would wipe clean and reset the phone and ask the user to go thru New Setup.

my 2 cents

Odin has never wiped the phone when using it to install firmware so Im not sure why you would think it would?

If You factory reset from the stock recovery that will wipe your device

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: RaymondPJR

buhlaze

Account currently disabled
Jul 4, 2016
GB
meettomy.site
Message when charging

Everything worked great, no more update messages. NOW, how do you get rid of the recall message when you plug in for charging? Am i the only one with this problem?

Top Liked Posts