If your G1 is constantly rebooting, Google Maps might be the reason. (Fix)

Search This thread

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
2 days ago, my G1 started acting up. Randomly rebooting too often, middle of a call etc. I was digging around, even checked log cat without much luck. Then I seem to have isolated the problem. In the past Google Maps updates usually borked things on my old Enom rom. So I went in and checked. After I loaded it, it gave me a message saying it updated itself. Then I went into settings for it and cleared the cache and map tiles. Since then no more reboots or odd issues.

I had tried to "Clear Cache" in recovery too which didnt do anything. So it does seem to be just google maps related stuff. So I wanted to post this in case anyone else had the same issue. Been using my G1 for 4 years now. Would hate to stop using it heh.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Yea now its all doing it again.. I may just uninstall maps. Then reinstall it and leave the "auto update" off. Its very annoying, cause Maps is one of the 1st things that loads on bootup.

Edit: Ok things of interest.. took sim out (that later using airplane mode with sim in) no more rebooting. How odd. T-mobile issue somehow I wonder? Or one of their apps.

Well I wondered if it had been Visual Voicemail.. but thats been inconclusive since right after I rebooted, Google Maps decided to download itself again after I had just uninstalled it... >.>

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's a conspiracy--they're trying to force you to upgrade your phone already.