Question If you're dumping the Ultra what's replacing it?

Search This thread

homeedition88

Oct 2, 2009
I returned and refunded my s22 ultra (exynos) then bought a pixel 6 pro which has a overheating problem and I also returned it. I must admit pixel 6 pro very fast and fluid device but when you start using 5G it gets extremely hot. Then I bought a cheaper option from OPPO find x3 pro. It is a fast fluid device but the battery is small and it can't go full day.
Chinese brands are inexperienced, Samsung is chasing more revenue (8GB ram S22 ultra) and Apple is forcing their ecosystem so hard I don't want to use their device's. Google still have a hardware and software issues. Let's see what will happens in the future.

And yes there isn't any device that can replace s22 ultra because it is still the best camera and screen device in the market. (Android only)

Limeybastard

I do that most years for a bit. Get tempted by marketing promises, get excited when I manage to order the model and color i want, then get disappointed when I use it to find it's basically EXACTLY the same experience as the model I used 5 years ago, and go back to android... so I can complain about the battery life!
For a moment I thought you were referring to Samsung devices .

Reactions: Virgo_Guy

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
I'm thinking about the Sony Xperia 1 IV. A teaser video is scheduled to be released on May 11th but typically with Sony the actual release is a few months down the road, probably by late August. I'll hesitate diving in head first without reading some actual user input and reviews but from what's been shared to date it has some impressive features and specs that Samsung can't match. If Samsung reverses it course it may once again grab my attention but the likelihood of that is slim to none.

Last edited:

kristapsb

Jun 12, 2012
It's my first Android in 6 years. Device wise I love the bright display, but hate the under display fingerprint reader and bad battery life. Android Doze with delayed notifications even for Gmail is a complete joke. Hopefully my patience will last till fall - iPhone 14 Pro Max.

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
iPhone 14 Pro Max, I don't know the sideways exclamation point instead of the notch is getting me. Call it the factorial edition! :-D

My 13 Pro Max 1TB is my go to video capture in pocket now. May wait until the 15 but who am I kidding!

Hopefully (Apple) will release a folding phone!

Cicada1o1

Oct 27, 2020
Nothing Phone 1
Keeping it for now, but will be going back to ios with the 14 pro max.

The smoothness of ios and the battery I miss. Made a mistake buying the ultra.. leggy in parts and battery is all over the place.

• Haha
Reactions: robi101012981

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Nope, it's not...Camera sucks, software support it's really bad, so it's a big no...
I'm waiting for Honor Magic 4 Pro, but it looks like the only downside of this phone would be bad software support, instead it's a good device.
Not sure about bad SW support. I Had Find X2 pro back in 2020 and this was one of the best devices I've ever owned and monthly updates were delivered quite regularly.
X5 Pro's two main cons from my point of view would be dissapointing zoom lens + too pricey at € 1300

Not sure about bad SW support. I Had Find X2 pro back in 2020 and this was one of the best devices I've ever owned and monthly updates were delivered quite regularly.
X5 Pro's two main cons from my point of view would be dissapointing zoom lens + too pricey at € 1300
exactly, 2x zoom it's awful,10x+ for a flagship it's mandatory.

Steigerelli

Sep 7, 2013
www.crazyjohnnys.com
I just switched back from my s22 Ultra to my Note 10+. I might look for a Note 20 online or I might switch to Sony Xperia, but I can't live without micro-sd. Plus the S22 had lag and worse battery life than my 2 1/2 year old Note 10+. I thought the battery life would improve, but I stuck with it over 2 months and it never improved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only the iPhone 13 pro max is comparable in the high spec big storage category.
    And I'm not going down that iOS rabbit hole ever again.
    Only the iPhone 13 pro max is comparable in the high spec big storage category.
    And I'm not going down that iOS rabbit hole ever again.
    I do that most years for a bit. Get tempted by marketing promises, get excited when I manage to order the model and color i want, then get disappointed when I use it to find it's basically EXACTLY the same experience as the model I used 5 years ago, and go back to android... so I can complain about the battery life!
    I think users can relate to the review of the S22 Ultra by arsTechnica. It gets to the meat of issues with the device which most reviewers gloss over. The reviewer makes an honest assessment of Samsung's approach to it's skin and software, a no holds look at the problems a number of users are currently experiencing.

Interesting review but it is hard to take it seriously when they say the Pixel 6 pro is the better phone, it just isn’t.
    Interesting review but it is hard to take it seriously when they say the Pixel 6 pro is the better phone, it just isn’t.
    6 Pro felt like a prototype device.
    iPhone 14 Pro Max. Apple I loathe to admit has been on a tear lately hardware wise improving its flagship and with the upcoming 14 Pro Max finally getting rid of that hideous notch and possibly a slightly bigger battery it'll be hard to beat. The days have gone when android manufacturers used to be hardware kings and now have seceded everything to Apple while trying to be Apple ironically.
    I just wish they would update the software experience, especially the home screen which feels straight out of 2008.