• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ILAPO (Infinite Loop Auto Power off) FIX - ROOT REQUIRED for 4 Cores

Search This thread

blueeyeblue

Nov 29, 2010
Dear gals and guys,

I have created a video tutorial how to fix ILAPO issue here:

If you follow the step-by-step tutorial properly, you will be able to recover all your important data and even keep using the device.

If you are willing to either keep using the phone or sell it with all 4 cores enabled, please follow second tutorial:

Edit: New revision v8.0 has been released. Enjoy full Marshmallow support ;)

Last edited:

maddler

Aug 27, 2009
Dublin
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hey, thanks for that. Maybe I missed something but... what have you done in the 1st video? ;)
That could be useful, but the only thing I got is the phone wasn't booting and the you got that booting.

Thanks!
W.

dolasz

Apr 5, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Great work! Thx!
You saved my phone!
The lg rejections the mainboard replace, because unlock bootloader.
Now working perfect L, Is it possible in the future M?

Thx again!

maddler

Aug 27, 2009
Dublin
OnePlus 8 Pro
Last edited:

Adam Myczkowski

Aug 29, 2015
I run 4 cores since 4 months now, Im on a custom ROM and just enable them all 4 cores every boot in Device Control by changing frequency. I think I've mentioned that in my notice post but I can't remember. Its good though, that the app for it has been created, some people might know now how to use tools like Device Control. We also might want to think about why you cannot lock the device on AOSP/CM based ROMs with 4 cores enabled... BTW from Wed I'll be free of a bootlooped G4, my OnePlus 3 is comming!

casabato

Aug 22, 2012
Rome
@maddler - I have only flashed the ILAPO fix using the LGUP, so that all cores but one have been disabled and I was able to get to the home screen once again.

Ok, great job guy, but where is the link to download the fix?

Moreover, if my smartphone is bootloop how can I downgrade from MM to LL? Everyone knows that even by flashing a different ROM, or downgrading, the smartphone does not start again!

Last edited:

casabato

Aug 22, 2012
Rome
@casabato - From where do you got that info? I downgraded from MM to LL without any problem. Model H815.
:)
Good to know, thanks. I wanted to say this: my smartphone (H815 too) has MM, but if it is in bootloop how can I perform a downgrade to LL and be sure it was successful?
As far as I know anyone who has suffered a bootloop is unable to restart the smartphone even by flashing a different firmware.
So I should downgrade now that the smartphone works, and not when it is in bootloop (hopefully never!), To be ready to eventualities ..
However, my first question remains: where is the link to download the fix?

Reactions: betche99

exilod

Sep 19, 2012
I tried the 7 HD ROM and when I tried to go back to stock LGUP doesn't recognize my device because swversion is changed in 'cust / OPEN_COM /cust_OPEN_EU.prop'. How can I delete that file or edit. I lost the custom recovery and I have access only to fastboot.

exilod

Sep 19, 2012
@Chosen_on184 - You are the lucky one :D
@exilod - Did you extract only the system partition and flashed it using the send command utility? It works only for H815.

I have the H815. Here is what I tried:
After I encountered the bootloop for the first time I flashed the .tot fix with LGUP(The application could recognize my phone).
Then I applyed the 4 core fix with your app. Then I tried the ROM you recomanded but after some time I wanted to go back to stock L. LGUP says 'Unknown device '(see image) and I can't apply the tot fix again.:( I think the cust partition where that 7 HD sw information resides is not deleted even after reflashing the kdz. I don't know to use the Send_Command.exe except for connecting to phone and apply command for entering in fastboot mode.
If it's possible to flash with send command I am very interested how.:)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,053

blueeyeblue

Nov 29, 2010
I have the H815. Here is what I tried:
After I encountered the bootloop for the first time I flashed the .tot fix with LGUP(The application could recognize my phone).
Then I applyed the 4 core fix with your app. Then I tried the ROM you recomanded but after some time I wanted to go back to stock L. LGUP says 'Unknown device '(see image) and I can't apply the tot fix again.:( I think the cust partition where that 7 HD sw information resides is not deleted even after reflashing the kdz. I don't know to use the Send_Command.exe except for connecting to phone and apply command for entering in fastboot mode.
If it's possible to flash with send command I am very interested how.:)

Maybe you have bad drivers. I had no success doing it under Windows 10, thus I had to switch to Windows 8.1 and install the following drivers: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934549194

Reactions: I_M_I_2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear gals and guys,

I have created a video tutorial how to fix ILAPO issue here:

If you follow the step-by-step tutorial properly, you will be able to recover all your important data and even keep using the device.

If you are willing to either keep using the phone or sell it with all 4 cores enabled, please follow second tutorial:

Edit: New revision v8.0 has been released. Enjoy full Marshmallow support ;)
    @maddler - I have only flashed the ILAPO fix using the LGUP, so that all cores but one have been disabled and I was able to get to the home screen once again.
    Your program is really close to scam, because everyone can re-enable cores with simple use of Google Play app such as Kernel Aduitor which is FREE on Google Play. In comparison to your 'solution' for 25 Dollars which you are calling 'donation'. What kind of donation it is when you set a price of 25 bucks and made it obligatory? In Kernel Audiutor there is an option to even launch cores just after phone booting (your app even in this point is not unique) If someone is afraid to use cores on full speed there is an option of underclocking like in every kernel adjustment program. By the way you should make it clear in your videos that your app is not for free.

I second that!
    I did everything and download his apk only find that is not donation, is pay do use, you can't use the app without paying those $25, which is too much by the way.
    A forced donation is not a donation at all.

Be a man, be honest!

Ended up using Device Control to enable 4/4 cores (every reboot).
    Your program is really close to scam, because everyone can re-enable cores with simple use of Google Play app such as Kernel Aduitor which is FREE on Google Play. In comparison to your 'solution' for 25 Dollars which you are calling 'donation'. What kind of donation it is when you set a price of 25 bucks and made it obligatory? In Kernel Audiutor there is an option to even launch cores just after phone booting (your app even in this point is not unique) If someone is afraid to use cores on full speed there is an option of underclocking like in every kernel adjustment program. By the way you should make it clear in your videos that your app is not for free.
    App is locked and requires $25? Is there any way around?
    There is of course a way around and found it myself after the author didnt want to go past $20: install kernel auditor and enable all 4 big cores and tick em enable at boot and you are set.
    We should yet credit the good guy and donate whatever we can!