I'm Desperate, Let's Fix My Battery Life

Search This thread

akaleshnikov

Dec 18, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have a T999V (Wind Mobile) running TouchWiz 4.4 (with towel root) on the Wind Mobile network. This phone has a brand new Anker 2200mAh battery.

Unfortunately, my battery life is under 9hrs. I get about 2hrs of screen on time, which consumes about 20% of battery, and then the combination of Android System, Android OS, Google Services will consume a whopping 50% battery.

I have Wakelock Detector, BetterBatteryStats and GSam Battery Monitor installed.

How do we diagnose what's causing this problem?

I'm usually at home, using my home WIFI. Other issues I've noticed with my phone are that I notice slowdowns sometimes with Swiftkey, when a lot of app updates are going on, Google Maps, Google Chrome address bar. This phone did have water damage at some point and I had to have the power button replaced. Could this affect the battery drainage and or the slowdowns?

Last edited:

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
I have a T999V (Wind Mobile) running TouchWiz 4.4 (with towel root) on the Wind Mobile network. This phone has a brand new Anker 2200mAh battery.

Unfortunately, my battery life is under 9hrs. I get about 2hrs of screen on time, which consumes about 20% of battery, and then the combination of Android System, Android OS, Google Services will consume a whopping 50% battery.

I have Wakelock Detector, BetterBatteryStats and GSam Battery Monitor installed.

I'm usually at home, using my home WIFI. Other issues I've noticed with my phone are that I notice slowdowns sometimes with Swiftkey, when a lot of app updates are going on, Google Maps, Google Chrome address bar. This phone did have water damage at some point and I had to have the power button replaced. Could this affect the battery drainage and or the slowdowns?

Thats about what I get with a new stock battery. If I leave it on and roaming all day while at work and I get no signal, I'm down to 40%, few hours of screen time. airplane mode all day at least gets me to 60-70% by the end of the day.

Is what it is. lol. Plague of all smartphones.

YPG70

Apr 2, 2013
you can't expect a good battery life that you desire. because samsung s3 has a powerful CPU, and a good high resolution screen which will take power to run. You will be lucky to get about 5 hours on a stock battery. If you really want to do stuff.. try under clocking the CPU too 1GHZ or below. that would probably give you 1-2 hour extra battery but other than that..

Try the basics: - GPS off, location off, Data off. etc.

Last edited:

JustZaphod

Oct 22, 2013
Nowhere

Dude, your battery is normal, we all have the same or similar battery time.
If your concerned with battery life, try an extended battery..

akaleshnikov

Dec 18, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
In 3hrs I've used 70% of the battery with 2.5hrs of screen on time. I find it hard to accept that this is normal for these phones.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423027603246.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1423027603246.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 85

getochkn

Dec 25, 2010
In 3hrs I've used 70% of the battery with 2.5hrs of screen on time. I find it hard to accept that this is normal for these phones.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

What were you doing during those 2.5hrs of screen time? With wifi or 4g on, I can kill mine in a few hours, with a new battery. Don't know what you expect.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Disable Google now from the app settings, in WiFi advanced settings make sure 'always scanning' is disabled, only sync what is necessary from the accounts section in stock settings app, only enable WiFi, Bluetooth, etc, when you use it.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

IDisposable

Aug 15, 2008
St. Louis, MO
about.me
First, bigger battery: http://www.amazon.com/dp/9838427837/
Second, Turn off background WiFi scanning (in CM11, Settings / WiFi / ::: menu (lower right) / Advanced / uncheck Network notification, uncheck Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep, uncheck Scanning always available)
Third, Deny wake rights for Google Play Services (in CM11, Settings / Privacy / Privacy Guard / ::: menu (top right) / check Show built-in apps / long-press Google play services / scroll down to Wake up and Deny , scroll down to Keep awake and Deny / BACK once / long-press Google Services Framework / deny Keep awake )

That'll get you 2 days in MY usage :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disable Google now from the app settings, in WiFi advanced settings make sure 'always scanning' is disabled, only sync what is necessary from the accounts section in stock settings app, only enable WiFi, Bluetooth, etc, when you use it.