• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Im getting LTE on AT&T?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

silver91342

Nov 10, 2009
I read that already, there are other cities across the US that utilize that band. Vegas, Charlotte, Dallas, Chicago, LA, several others.

I think you mean AT&T owns the spectrum for it but doesn't use it, not to mention how much of it they lost to t-mobile. It looks like there will be no need for at&t to build out AWS if tmobile has it covered and they put a roaming agreement in place, I think all at&t LTE phones can do band 4.

Nice read: http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/24/2731330/t-mobile-new-spectrum-map-att

Last edited:

ian426

Jun 6, 2010
Not that this really contributes to the discussion, yet, but I'll be back home in Dallas, tomorrow, and one of the first things I do after getting my phone set up will be to test for LTE. It would be bloody amazing if that ended up working out.

ragnarok_

Oct 30, 2012
I was recently switched from a regular data plan (that allowed me to use apn: phone) to a Galaxy S3 4G LTE data plan. Now that I switched to apn:pta, i can honestly say there is not a big difference. I am still in process of testing, but it seems like the phone apn may be working better for me still, im alternating between the 2.. I think the 'APN Type' field is very important, trying to mix and match variables to see what works and what doesn't.

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
I was recently switched from a regular data plan (that allowed me to use apn: phone) to a Galaxy S3 4G LTE data plan. Now that I switched to apn:pta, i can honestly say there is not a big difference. I am still in process of testing, but it seems like the phone apn may be working better for me still, im alternating between the 2.. I think the 'APN Type' field is very important, trying to mix and match variables to see what works and what doesn't.
The latency seems to be much lower on PTA over Phone on HSPA.

MarkyD311

May 10, 2010
a small town outside of Oklahoma City.

I tested with my friend's N4 in Yukon and was able to get LTE signal last week. I figured AT&T was just testing Band 4 LTE in our market. Cool to see you're getting it in Mustang, too.

Edit: Probably has something to do with the fact that AT&T only has 5x5 Mhz LTE channels here on the 700mhz band...they're in need of more LTE capacity here, so it makes sense to start rolling it out in their 5x5 markets.

Last edited:

strausd

Dec 7, 2012
I am in Dallas and will be trying this out once my replacement Nexus 4 arrives.

I have two questions:

1. How does this affect battery life?

2. I am using the SIM from my iPhone 4S, will I need a new SIM to get LTE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My nexus 4 is getting LTE on AT&T. Is anyone else? LTE:13

I used the APN from a Galaxy s III. I am also on an LTE data plan.

Max speed is 29.80 down 10.75 up.
    AT&T does own some band 4 license and can in principle do LTE in band 4. Just that in most places they don't use band 4 for LTE, but all their LTE phones support it. It could be that they are using band 4 in some cities, but not in any major/big city as far as I know.
    Is the LTE in San Francisco, CA compatible?
    So you don't ask me for every city, here is the list of metros where AT&T has AWS holdings:

Phoenix, Raleigh, San Juan, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Chicago, Charlotte. Also Athens, GA and College Station, TX.

This doesn't mean that AT&T's Band 4 LTE network is actually live in these markets.

Doesn't hurt to give it a try.
    My nexus 4 is getting LTE on AT&T. Is anyone else? LTE:13

would look like, hell I can`t get ATT to put me a HSPA+ 4g plan bastards:mad:
    Shows band 13 in OP's screen cap.

I don't think LTE:13 means band 13. I've seen, for example, HSDPA:9 and HSPAP:15 on my Galaxy Nexus, so I think it's some other scale.

The only North American LTE band that the N4 has the radio hardware for is Band IV, so it must be an AT&T Band IV deployment.