I'm in USA and bought verizon version(LM-V450VM). Is dual screen option available?

Search This thread

acred24

Aug 13, 2019
It seems like I was only able to find the dual screen case for the korean version of the phone. I've seen reviews all over the place that shows dual screen capability but I cannot find anywhere to buy it.

I was able to find one ebay link and in the details it says it doesn't work for the USA version. (I can't post it being a new user)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Only the Korean and European version have the three pings on the back, that powers the second screen. The USA version does not have them. Here's a picture as an example.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 233

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Some how in the USA we got screwed. No dual screen, I didn't find out until I got mine. Dual screen was the main reason why I got the V50

Clamsplex

Dec 28, 2019
What are you talking about?

Only the Korean and European version have the three pings on the back, that powers the second screen. The USA version does not have them. Here's a picture as an example.

The dual screen uses a USB C connection for power.

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Some how in the USA we got screwed. No dual screen, I didn't find out until I got mine. Dual screen was the main reason why I got the V50

In the US LG only sells the dual screen for the G8X, The V50 Thinq 5G from Verizon fits in the case fine but does not have the necessary software to detect the screen.

It appears if someone could understand the code on this page it should be possible to make it work with the US model.

idrift

Sep 16, 2009
Did anyone ever figure this out? I bought what was called a Verizon LM-V450VN and it most definitely has the 3 pogo pins on the back of the phone. I'm thinking it was a Korean version that has Verizon software on it. I was able to update it OTA Verizon
so at least that worked. I also picked up a second screen case for it that has the 3 pogo pins in the case. When I snap it all in though the second screen will not come on. I'm thinking this is the Verizon software. Would the way around this be to try to install the Korean software? If anyone has had success with this I'd sure love to know.

May 15, 2010
Did anyone ever figure this out? I bought what was called a Verizon LM-V450VN and it most definitely has the 3 pogo pins on the back of the phone. I'm thinking it was a Korean version that has Verizon software on it. I was able to update it OTA Verizon
so at least that worked. I also picked up a second screen case for it that has the 3 pogo pins in the case. When I snap it all in though the second screen will not come on. I'm thinking this is the Verizon software. Would the way around this be to try to install the Korean software? If anyone has had success with this I'd sure love to know.
The second screen is available on Amazon for $199.
After reading all of the horror stories about the second screen hinges breaking screens coming out of the carrier etc I decided against it.