General I'm mad at OnePlus right now

Search This thread

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
I tried that. I tried a modified usnf also. I didn't have any success but that really isn't the deal breaker for me anyway. It was lack of msm, fake OxygenOS (which could be remedied in time with real msm for devs), and the general navigation and features of this "OxygenOS". The charging was great. Nothing else stands out enough. Never Settle indeed.

I'm waiting for OnePlus to stop playing their "we emailed the return label" game. It appears to be something that happens to many people when they want to return a phone. The return label never arrives to email and some get harassed into keeping their phone after it misses the return window. I have a few more days left. Each day they say it will arrive within 24 hours
To each their own. Curious, what is your main couple issues with the newer OOS releases?

In regards to UNSF, try this --> https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-2-3-1.4217823/post-87198517

This is where I found it I think -->

Last edited:

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
To each their own. Curious, what is your main couple issues with the newer OOS releases?

In regards to UNSF, try this --> https://xdaforums.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-2-3-1.4217823/post-87198517

This is where I found it I think -->
Dunno if it matters but my widevine never ever went to l3. I stayed on l1 with drm checkers. But Netflix still detected. I tried a bunch of things. And libcrypto magisk modules too. I already have the phone boxed up or I'd try the force close thing above but I'm not taking it out for that. Thanks for posting anyway.

As for the UI, virtually everything sucks. Maybe it's because I'm coming from OP7TP5G and OnePlus 9/10probhad changes along the way? For me, it was shocking how terrible the UI is compared to my 5/7. That terrible tint on apps and tabs, the entire drawer and management. I had to go search for almost everything I wanted to find. Some stuff wasn't there, some was but less options. Like on screen buttons.

I've played with the 6&8 for a few days and owned the 5t/7tp for years. No other version was missing this much intuition.
If they release msm later, I will consider coming back when there are roms that aren't doodoo wrapped up as OxygenOS. Getting used to new things is a lot different than settling. I might pick up a 9 pro

JrkSoldierX

Dec 6, 2012
Scared of what?

Not sure why you mention MSM tools and then immediately suggest Pixel, as it's Tensor chip is Exynos which means no MSM type tool since that is Qualcomm only

What makes you want to go to iPhone?
Scared because it feels like the walls are closing in around custom rom development. I can only think of two phone brands in the USA that give me the option of unlocking the bootloader and playing around. OnePlus and the Pixel line, I brought up the MSM tool because it has been a lifeline for a lot of us. I know pixel does not have the msm tool, but looking around their forums it does seem like you can recover with command lines from a very bad crash but that is a lot of work and effort. Having a MSM tool is just a peace of mind that I can play around and if something goes wrong i have a easy button. As far as the iPhone, idk it's been 10 years since ive had one, car play seems to work well in my car with my brothers iphone and android auto has been not perfect. The new apple watch ultra seems awesome, satellite sos, ect. Plus im just getting older and having things just work is nice.

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
Dunno if it matters but my widevine never ever went to l3. I stayed on l1 with drm checkers. But Netflix still detected. I tried a bunch of things. And libcrypto magisk modules too. I already have the phone boxed up or I'd try the force close thing above but I'm not taking it out for that. Thanks for posting anyway.

As for the UI, virtually everything sucks. Maybe it's because I'm coming from OP7TP5G and OnePlus 9/10probhad changes along the way? For me, it was shocking how terrible the UI is compared to my 5/7. That terrible tint on apps and tabs, the entire drawer and management. I had to go search for almost everything I wanted to find. Some stuff wasn't there, some was but less options. Like on screen buttons.

I've played with the 6&8 for a few days and owned the 5t/7tp for years. No other version was missing this much intuition.
If they release msm later, I will consider coming back when there are roms that aren't doodoo wrapped up as OxygenOS. Getting used to new things is a lot different than settling. I might pick up a 9 pro
No problem, sorry to hear it didn't work for you as it did for me.

Hmm I guess this really comes down to preference, as the latest OOS Android 12 on my 1+10Pro is very smooth, enjoyable to use and packed full of features I really enjoy. I suppose your UI preference would fall more in line with the Pixel's stripped down style maybe? I personally thought the Pixel 6 that I tried was severely lacking, hence my return to 1+.

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
Scared because it feels like the walls are closing in around custom rom development. I can only think of two phone brands in the USA that give me the option of unlocking the bootloader and playing around. OnePlus and the Pixel line, I brought up the MSM tool because it has been a lifeline for a lot of us. I know pixel does not have the msm tool, but looking around their forums it does seem like you can recover with command lines from a very bad crash but that is a lot of work and effort. Having a MSM tool is just a peace of mind that I can play around and if something goes wrong i have a easy button. As far as the iPhone, idk it's been 10 years since ive had one, car play seems to work well in my car with my brothers iphone and android auto has been not perfect. The new apple watch ultra seems awesome, satellite sos, ect. Plus im just getting older and having things just work is nice.
Fair enough. ROM development had slowed down for sure across all brands. My personal view on this is custom ROMs aren't needed as much. Each phone OEM has they're own shtick, and they're enough Magisk and other mods to plug in the gaps. Early on in my ROM swapping days with my OG Moro Droid, yeah I needed custom ROM's to fix the mediocre junk that came stock. Now, the OS on any given phone these days are advanced enough to not require so much custom development. If someone likes heavy skins, go Samsung or Xiaomi. If something in the middle, go Motorola or Sony or OnePlus. If AOSP, then obviously Pixel.

I would agree though, not having MSM definitely curtails the modding movement. I just think it's something we're gonna have to get used to. For me personally, I don't mind since 1+ current OOS is satisfactory for me. But I could see how others who really like throwing custom ROMs at their devices is frustrating.

Totally agree on getting older and just wanting things to work. I think that is why I am not frustrated with OOS direction. It works great for everything I need it to, plus the OOS specific features I enjoy, and most importantly I have easy access to root, so I'm happy. Because of this, I don't share the frustration people have towards OnePlus.

Apple does make the best hardware-software combo in the industry no doubt that most of the time, just works. That is if you don't mind being in a walled garden that cost an arm and leg for an entrance fee 😉

i9100g user

Dec 18, 2011
Experiencing touch lag while gaming, there's higher scrolling latency on my 10t than realme x3 superzoom I also have

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
No problem, sorry to hear it didn't work for you as it did for me.

Hmm I guess this really comes down to preference, as the latest OOS Android 12 on my 1+10Pro is very smooth, enjoyable to use and packed full of features I really enjoy. I suppose your UI preference would fall more in line with the Pixel's stripped down style maybe? I personally thought the Pixel 6 that I tried was severely lacking, hence my return to 1+.
I used to be a Nexus/Pixel user. OnePlus wowed me and I've been there ever since. I returned the pixel 2xl for the 5T and still can't believe how well the 5Ts operate all these years later. Before my son lost it in May, he was still able to play codm on it with me. I thought about the pixel 6 but after talking to a friend, he said his service is absolutely horrendous all the time. I've since read on xda, the modem used is dogwater.

If I find a 9 pro for the right price, I'll pick one up for the meantime

Reactions: galaxys

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
I used to be a Nexus/Pixel user. OnePlus wowed me and I've been there ever since. I returned the pixel 2xl for the 5T and still can't believe how well the 5Ts operate all these years later. Before my son lost it in May, he was still able to play codm on it with me. I thought about the pixel 6 but after talking to a friend, he said his service is absolutely horrendous all the time. I've since read on xda, the modem used is dogwater.

I can definitely corroborate that the Pixel's modem is trash. One of the big reasons I returned it.

seanwlk

Jul 27, 2014
/root
OnePlus One
OnePlus 5T
I appreciate the candor of OP @seanwlk , and can agree that the industry has become very hostile to the types of people like us who frequent XDA and mod our phones. I also place at the top of my list the requirement to have an easy unlocked bootloader to root.

That being said, I can't help but sense a little over the top reactions from everyone in the forums as well as YouTubers complaining about OnePlus. Full disclosure I have been using OnePlus since the 3T, but I am not a 1+ employee or shill, and I too was frustrated initially and tried out the Pixel 6 before returning it and coming back to 1+. The alternative besides 1+ and Pixel is the Sony Xperia. But the Xperia is way overpriced and overheats, plus is a hassle to root. But it is a great looking phone, and has expandable storage and a headphone jack.

Reasons I returned to OnePlus and rejected Pixel (caveat: both being equal in terms of bootloader unlock and rooting support)
  1. Gestures. Screen off media controls, flashlight, three finger screenshot, ect....have tried Motorola, Essential, HTC, Sony.....OnePlus does it the best IMO. Didn't realize how much I used these and would miss them
  2. Only Android to have an alert slider (and yes I know the 10T doesn't, but they recently revealed they don't plan on keeping it permanently removed. Dumb move IMO to remove it at all, but at least they will be bring it back). This is a big reason I went with the 10 Pro
  3. Hands down, the best fast charging, both wired and wireless. Didn't realize how much it
  4. Other small tweaks, like the native ability to hide status bar icons, the OnePlus font, layout of settings.
Also, I personally don't understand the hate for the influences of ColorOS. I find the larger UI is easy to press and navigate, especially from the notification shade when out and about in sunlight. I don't mind the "new" OOS. But again, to each their own.

That's why I went with a 10 Pro: Metal and IP68, plus it has the alert slider which the 10T doesn't.

Most phone companies started doing this 5 years ago after Apple started the insanity, not a OnePlus unique complaint
About the jack i knew already i was just pointing out that i got less that i had 5 years ago as a whole.

Super easy fix I used awhile back --> Oxygen AOD Mod
Does not do what i want. I ended up turning on AOD and still getting used to it
Hmm I didn't realize people still preferred buttons instead of gestures (which I prefer). To each their own
It's a way superior and faster navigation method. If i want the task manager i just click on it i dont have to do an un natural gesture wait for the result and then do what i want.
Totally can disable this in the settings....
You can only disabled it completely, i dont want that... i want it back to the homescreen in place of the useless google discovery page that i use from chrome anyway.
I am sure someone has a Magisk module that disables this. Also, why not just use the GOAT launcher Nova?
i dont want external launchers, never used them and never will.
Nova solves all of this.....lets you use Legacy icons and disable the "Reshape" BS that Android now does to icons.
as above
I was under the impression this is a toggleable option to turn on/off
No you can't
Agree it is dumb they don't have the OTAs available. Hopefully they're just late to post? OxygenUpdater is my current workaround.
That is not a workaround, those are not fastboot flashable packages in case of hardbrick and they do not contain boot.img even if you unpack them
How "stock"? Because I used the Pixel 6 for a week and was seriously underwhelmed with the lack of features....especially not having screen off gestures and such.....stock Android is lacking IMO
With stock i mean stock UI, i dont want useless colorOS menus and animations. Oxygen 10 on 5T was literally the same as AOSP but it had tons of customizations extra in the settings. This scuffed version of the 10T barely has anything
Another super easy fix if a notification dot is mandatory feature to you --> aodNotify
I tried tons of these apps, none of them are reliable since they rely on the accessibility API which gets killed randomly by the aggressive power management profiles of this ColorOS fork of an OS

centifanto

Sep 1, 2022
centifanto.net
OnePlus 7T
OnePlus 9
About the jack i knew already i was just pointing out that i got less that i had 5 years ago as a whole.
Yeah, I am just pointing out any major phone OEM is doing this, so I am not sure why you're singling out 1+. Very few still have 3.5mm, for better or worse. I personally don't use jacks anymore, but if that is something of priority to you, then unlockable bootloaders+3.5mm options land you with the Sony Xperia's or Asus Zenfone 9.

Does not do what i want. I ended up turning on AOD and still getting used to it
I am confused then, because currently on my 10Pro, I can tap it a single time and the fingerprint icon pops up ready for me. Or I just lift the phone and the AOD pops up with the fingerprint icon. I fail to see the issue.

It's a way superior and faster navigation method. If i want the task manager i just click on it i dont have to do an un natural gesture wait for the result and then do what i want.
Way superior and faster? Ok, I guess that comes down to personal preference, because I think the gestures are great.

You can only disabled it completely, i dont want that... i want it back to the homescreen in place of the useless google discovery page that i use from chrome anyway.
The shelf and Google feed are both disabled on my device by choice. In my preference, I don't need redundant widget area that I can just put on a regular page, nor do I get my news from the garbage that is Google. But to each their own. If you like both, then yeah, I guess that would be a change not desired.

i dont want external launchers, never used them and never will.
Alright then, just trying to help. Nova is an awesome launcher IMO

Why are all Google Apps picking up the wallpaper color and changing their theme, it looks like garbage, I just want it black i tried every way and unticked the option but still doesnt work they are all pink-reddish It's disgusting, why am i not allowed to set it black??
Is this Android 13? I am still on Android 12 with my 10Pro.

That is not a workaround, those are not fastboot flashable packages in case of hardbrick and they do not contain boot.img even if you unpack them
Fair enough, I can agree with that. Hopefully they release these...no breath held though

With stock i mean stock UI, i dont want useless colorOS menus and animations. Oxygen 10 on 5T was literally the same as AOSP but it had tons of customizations extra in the settings. This scuffed version of the 10T barely has anything
I suppose the Pixel lineup would be a better option for you then?

I tried tons of these apps, none of them are reliable since they rely on the accessibility API which gets killed randomly by the aggressive power management profiles of this ColorOS fork of an OS
Hmm I have not had mine killed when the appropriate permissions are adjusted...

dtmversion1

Dec 22, 2008
Both Android OS (since Pie) and phones (Samsung at least) have taken a dive from 2019.
I'm still running stock Note 10+'s one on 9 the other 10. I see nothing new I like. I absolutely demand expandable storage and good SOT. I'm set for another 2-3+ years.

Meh, give it das boot and find something that fulfills its mission for you.
Lots of older models including some that are new, unused. My last N10+ I bought was one of those. Unlike a used phone the factory sealed ones will be loaded with the OS version at time of manufacture. If you hate 11 and especially 12 as much as me, it's a no brainer. My N10+'s will likely never be upgraded... they run very well as is. Anything from Pie up is reasonably secure unless you do something stupid.
Thank goodness i stumbled upon another forum with you telling everyone about your amazing N10+

maamdroid

Jun 6, 2013
I'm a bit angry, I'm sorry! I did buy the pixel pro. I don't know if that tensor chip is any match for the Samsung. I read the old one was based off an older Samsung. This new tensor gotta be **** together I don't know

As someone with a 8T im scared. I don't know what to do anymore, my 8T is fine for now but then what? I don't see any MSM tools for the 10 Pro or the 10T. Go with a pixel? I'm actually just considering a iPhone for the first time since the 3GS. Been with android for over 10 years, i'm tired.
I had the 8t, its not looking good for the 10t. It's going the way of the pixel... It is what it is, but that's the only choice for us rom flashers

The 10t charging was good.

Last edited by a moderator:

beatbreakee

Aug 10, 2015
Frisco
Samsung Galaxy S10
You have summed this up for me so well. You are not alone. I still consider the 5T to be the best overall phone OnePlus has ever created. At the time, it beat all the flagships for 50% of their price. Easy root and dev friendly. Bulletproof too. Mine still works but my son lost it. It was HEAVY daily use for 5+ years until then.

I moved on to the OP7TP5GMcLaren (after trying the 8 pro and sending it back). It was slightly annoying for bootloader because I had to submit to oneplus to get the unlock code (before they found the bypass) but still worked. No custom roms but it was actually a decent experience and still handles games and dev tasks quite well.

Now I'm holding my 10T and I'm not sure if I should wait or send it back and wait. This fake oxygenOS ain't it. IF I return this phone, I will pick up the Redmi k50 (gaming or ultra) to hold me over. They have good specs at similar pricing but I will take a hit on band coverage. Which might be worth it at this point. I want to at least give this a week but so far, nothing has blown me away. I do like how much it feels like the 5T in hand. But it does not feel as premium as the 7TP/8P. I like the flat screen. I'm trying to love the things I like to be patient.

I don't blame oneplus for all of it, Android in general is still pretty buggy for being on version 12 - but I'm not heading to iOS so I'm here.

I might unlock bootloader, root and just skip otas forever. Breaking Netflix/drm is not ideal.

I will pitch in on OP10T crowdfunding for devs to get their hands on phones to work with
Remember ... Breaking Netflix drm isn't a threat anymore... Thru a couple magisk modules, you can get your device RE certified, and Netflix will run again...my OP 9pro is Bl unlocked, rooted, and sits here with Netflix Hd fully enabled, along with banking apps and device showing CERTIFIED!

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
Remember ... Breaking Netflix drm isn't a threat anymore... Thru a couple magisk modules, you can get your device RE certified, and Netflix will run again...my OP 9pro is Bl unlocked, rooted, and sits here with Netflix Hd fully enabled, along with banking apps and device showing CERTIFIED!
I was unable on the 10T. I have a 9 pro too, for the same reason

JrkSoldierX

Dec 6, 2012
Stuck with Android after all and got a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

horsecharles

Dec 14, 2010
NYC
LG G Pad 10.1
OnePlus 8T
I know nobody from OnePlus gives a damn anymore and I'm just here ranting to no one. But I just need to express my anger somewhere.

I'm a proud owner of the OnePlus One, part of the first bunch of invites, served me for 4 years and still works to this day, the battery is just a bit dead. Then I bought he 5T which is in my opinion one of the best phones ever made for my purposes. I don't do photos, I'm an IT admin that just needs a pocket PC that has plenty of utilities available and the 5T had everything i need.

After 5 years of service the 5T even though it is still working, just dies on me at 25% probably because of the 3rd party battery and also has general slowness and gets stuck sometimes but overall it has a metal body, headphone jack, read ceramic fingerprint and ACTUAL OxygenOS 10.0.1

I literally just opened the box of the 10T and I find myself with a brick of plastic that apparently from what I've seen in the videos it doesn't even withstand water (which the 5T does veeeery well even if not officially rated) that doesn't have an headphone jack.
Started messing with it and i found myself in a situation that made me start thinking if i should send it back or not. Here's a brief list:
  • I cannot unlock the phone unless i first double tap and then the fingerprint sensor is available while with the 5T i can literally touch the rear ceramic sensor and it instantly unlocks while turned off, which increases significantly the unlock time and pisses me off even further.
  • The bottom navigation buttons are not customizable like they where with 10.0.1, I set the square button to lock the phone with a long press, now i cannot do it since it instead opens split screen app that I NEVER use.
  • The Oneplus shelf is now available from a top scroll down on the status bar ( WHAT THE F***??????) and instead of the shelf now we have F****** Google Discovery page that you cannot even disable if you want to and from what I've seen some people handled to hide with an app made for Oppo's ColorOS.
  • The pattern lock on the lockscreen is way too high, i understand the sensor is at the bottom but there are literally 5cm available where only the emergency contact button is (not even at the middle of the gap which triggers my OCD) I have big hands but still have to reach the top and it's hella annoying.
  • For some reason it is now illegal to have circle app icons since you cannot choose that shape, but there is some weird ass other shape, go figure
  • Settings app got completely butchered, i can't find anything and, for instance i still didn't find the parallel apps and pocket mode and why the hell are the icons and fonts so big in there, what is the purpose??
  • Why are all Google Apps picking up the wallpaper color and changing their theme, it looks like garbage, I just want it black i tried every way and unticked the option but still doesnt work they are all pink-reddish It's disgusting, why am i not allowed to set it black??
  • Where is the advanced power menu option??? I want to be able to select the boot to recovery and boot to bootloader option not just the lame poweroff and reboot
  • If you go to the task manager, you press "close all" the phone decides which apps to close to "have optimal performance". ***** i clicked close all to actually close all, if i wanted you to decide what to close I'd have clicked that... This is pure idiotism. It even trolls you because you click it and closes everything except the current opened app and reopens that one....
  • Where are the ROMs ??? The list of devices on the site stops at the 9 pro https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade and then there is the Nord series. I want the Official ROM zip.
What's funny is that my best friend bought one too and when it arrived 2 days ago he found that the power brick had the type C connector broken inside.

Now I'm sitting here thinking if i should pack it and send it back.

This is disappointing af. I need good specs and easy root with stock android, am I asking too much here ?
"Some" of your points fixed with OS 13 upgrade and two other bug fix updates.

If you're Red Cable Insider, you can reserve an 11 release deal spot now for $500 trade-up (I paid $549 but wouldn't want to lose the points & coupons gained from that sale. I would keep the 125\150W charger though- better than the 80 or 100 coming with subsequent models, & for example charges my 8T faster than its own brick). Your opinion may differ, but you have to get 11 for new stuff mostly just only out this year:
QHD, AMOLED w\ LTPO 3, adaptive refresh down to 1, alert slider back, 256\512gb UFS 4, 16gb LPPDR 5, up to Quadruple 5G carrier aggregation... Most of the previously mentioned on latest Snapdragon, besides the speed improvements, = 30% less battery draw + phone runs much cooler.

I've never upgraded yearly until OP hit scene- too many yearly improvements to pass up.

Good Luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know nobody from OnePlus gives a damn anymore and I'm just here ranting to no one. But I just need to express my anger somewhere.

I'm a proud owner of the OnePlus One, part of the first bunch of invites, served me for 4 years and still works to this day, the battery is just a bit dead. Then I bought he 5T which is in my opinion one of the best phones ever made for my purposes. I don't do photos, I'm an IT admin that just needs a pocket PC that has plenty of utilities available and the 5T had everything i need.

After 5 years of service the 5T even though it is still working, just dies on me at 25% probably because of the 3rd party battery and also has general slowness and gets stuck sometimes but overall it has a metal body, headphone jack, read ceramic fingerprint and ACTUAL OxygenOS 10.0.1

I literally just opened the box of the 10T and I find myself with a brick of plastic that apparently from what I've seen in the videos it doesn't even withstand water (which the 5T does veeeery well even if not officially rated) that doesn't have an headphone jack.
    Started messing with it and i found myself in a situation that made me start thinking if i should send it back or not. Here's a brief list:
    • I cannot unlock the phone unless i first double tap and then the fingerprint sensor is available while with the 5T i can literally touch the rear ceramic sensor and it instantly unlocks while turned off, which increases significantly the unlock time and pisses me off even further.
    • The bottom navigation buttons are not customizable like they where with 10.0.1, I set the square button to lock the phone with a long press, now i cannot do it since it instead opens split screen app that I NEVER use.
    • The Oneplus shelf is now available from a top scroll down on the status bar ( WHAT THE F***??????) and instead of the shelf now we have F****** Google Discovery page that you cannot even disable if you want to and from what I've seen some people handled to hide with an app made for Oppo's ColorOS.
    • The pattern lock on the lockscreen is way too high, i understand the sensor is at the bottom but there are literally 5cm available where only the emergency contact button is (not even at the middle of the gap which triggers my OCD) I have big hands but still have to reach the top and it's hella annoying.
    • For some reason it is now illegal to have circle app icons since you cannot choose that shape, but there is some weird ass other shape, go figure
    • Settings app got completely butchered, i can't find anything and, for instance i still didn't find the parallel apps and pocket mode and why the hell are the icons and fonts so big in there, what is the purpose??
    • Why are all Google Apps picking up the wallpaper color and changing their theme, it looks like garbage, I just want it black i tried every way and unticked the option but still doesnt work they are all pink-reddish It's disgusting, why am i not allowed to set it black??
    • Where is the advanced power menu option??? I want to be able to select the boot to recovery and boot to bootloader option not just the lame poweroff and reboot
    • If you go to the task manager, you press "close all" the phone decides which apps to close to "have optimal performance". ***** i clicked close all to actually close all, if i wanted you to decide what to close I'd have clicked that... This is pure idiotism. It even trolls you because you click it and closes everything except the current opened app and reopens that one....
    • Where are the ROMs ??? The list of devices on the site stops at the 9 pro https://www.oneplus.com/support/softwareupgrade and then there is the Nord series. I want the Official ROM zip.
    What's funny is that my best friend bought one too and when it arrived 2 days ago he found that the power brick had the type C connector broken inside.

Now I'm sitting here thinking if i should pack it and send it back.

This is disappointing af. I need good specs and easy root with stock android, am I asking too much here ?
    We feel your OnePlus pain since they and most OEM's have been trending downward! Not a good sign of things to come....
    Return would be one of your options....

Cheers
    Both Android OS (since Pie) and phones (Samsung at least) have taken a dive from 2019.
    I'm still running stock Note 10+'s one on 9 the other 10. I see nothing new I like. I absolutely demand expandable storage and good SOT. I'm set for another 2-3+ years.

Meh, give it das boot and find something that fulfills its mission for you.
    Lots of older models including some that are new, unused. My last N10+ I bought was one of those. Unlike a used phone the factory sealed ones will be loaded with the OS version at time of manufacture. If you hate 11 and especially 12 as much as me, it's a no brainer. My N10+'s will likely never be upgraded... they run very well as is. Anything from Pie up is reasonably secure unless you do something stupid.
    I feel your pain. This ColorOS/Oxygen rom totally sucks. But I'm going to keep mine because there is no such specification on the market for this price (Snapdragon 8+ Gen, 16GB RAM, 256GB storage for $650). I hope someone will create custom roms (KOSP, YAAP) in the future.

I can definitely corroborate that the Pixel's modem is trash. One of the big reasons I returned it.