I'm new and normally would not ask this but I'm torn.

Search This thread

Spheneh

May 3, 2017
I own the Pixel 2XL in "panda". I believe it's just a beautiful device. I didn't appreciate the term "vanilla Android" until turning on the device. Having 128GB im not too concerned about external space nor do I care about wireless charging or IP67 vs IP68. But for me immediate updates are important. Lack of bloatware is important. This is a phone that you either love or hate. Anyway here's my issue. I recently picked up the S9+ in addition to the Pixel. I was going to wait for the Note 9 as I usually would but obviously didn't. I'm thinking about returning the S9+ but that screen is gorgeous, the device feels perfect in the hand and is just a speed demon. Should I keep the Pixel or the S9+?
Thank you for reading this long winded tangent.

dobbs3x

Dec 25, 2010
Eugene, OR
I own the Pixel 2XL in "panda". I believe it's just a beautiful device. I didn't appreciate the term "vanilla Android" until turning on the device. Having 128GB im not too concerned about external space nor do I care about wireless charging or IP67 vs IP68. But for me immediate updates are important. Lack of bloatware is important. This is a phone that you either love or hate. Anyway here's my issue. I recently picked up the S9+ in addition to the Pixel. I was going to wait for the Note 9 as I usually would but obviously didn't. I'm thinking about returning the S9+ but that screen is gorgeous, the device feels perfect in the hand and is just a speed demon. Should I keep the Pixel or the S9+?
Noone can make this decision for you. Figure it out. You are an adult right?

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012

The pixel 2 is promised 3 years of updates.

Xebeck

Oct 2, 2017
Flip a coin...
The phone that comes to your mind right before the coin lands in your hands is the one your heart truly desires...

Reactions: dbregman

psychomaniac82

Nov 5, 2010
Pixel wouldn't regret, I'm sure about that. Especially with Android P, running the beta right now, it's awesome.

Not so sure about the S9 though. Samsung has the name getting slow after a while. I only owned the Galaxy s1, so don't have much experience with Samsung but the s1 was getting slow after a while. But owned a couple of other Samsung devices and the problem with Samsung is always the same, great hardware, rubbish software. Also contacted Samsung customer service for my qled 65 inch TV and the knowledge of the customer service is bad. Also contacted Google a couple of times and that's really good! (You have to had bought the pixel via the Google store to get service via Google)

(Why don't you use the XL forum, also use the S9 forum if you didn't ?)

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
In addition to what others have said the Pixel 2 has a two year warranty, it's the first to get updates. Apparently other manufactures haven't been as good with security updates, often lagging behind, sometimes only making a date change so it looks current. I don't remember how Samsung did in this regard. As I recall pretty much all manufactures were guilty to some degree, some worse or better than others. No so with Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flip a coin...
    The phone that comes to your mind right before the coin lands in your hands is the one your heart truly desires...
    You're gonna love the s9 until the honeymoon period expires and Android P arrives. If you return the Pixel, you're gonna cry then. :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone