Question I'm stuck in demo mode after factory reset of TCL 20 Pro 5G phone!!!!

Search This thread

mbudden89

Mar 23, 2023
I bought a phone off Ebay & everything was working just fine till I did a factory reset. Now, it’s stuck in demo mode. I can’t even power it off cause it asks me for some kind of code. Can you help me plz?

• Sad
Reactions: jrevans

mbudden89

Mar 23, 2023
Where do you enter this code??
Try this:
An app called Demo will appear in your apps. Locate and open the app. Click Ok,
and then Activate. The password for TCL is 852618. After you enter the password
it will say switching to the owner. Once done loading, simply click exit in the top
corner or close the app.

I don't know if the same code works for all TCL 20 Pro phones, but you can try it out anyways.

Reactions: bowss47

bowss47

May 9, 2013
Try this:
it will say switching to the owner. Once done loading, simply click exit in the top
corner or close the app.

I don't know if the same code works for all TCL 20 Pro phones, but you can try it out anyways.

Oh man, Much love brother!! This phone was thrown to the side for over a year, and I tried many different ways including the ADB commands way, but nothing worked (with ADB method, I couldn't unlock developer settings). Thanks a lot!

Reactions: mbudden89

mike-s

Jul 7, 2012
Try this:
corner or close the app.

I just bought one of these to replace a Galaxy S8 that had outlived it's usefulness. This post may save me plenty of hassle in the future *saves post*.

Reactions: mbudden89

Alvoda

Aug 17, 2023
I just bought one of these to replace a Galaxy S8 that had outlived it's usefulness. This post may save me plenty of hassle in the future *saves post*.
The code works for tcl 20 pro. But is there anyway of actually removing the demo content off the phone?
If you try uninstall any of the demo apps, there is no option. Thanks

The code 852618 works with the tcl 20 pro. But is there anyway of actually removing the demo content from the phone? Because the demo apps cannot be uninstalled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ugh. The only thing that I saw was this post about the TCL 10 Pro in a similar mode:
    Nevermind. The seller of the phone gave me the TCL code to switch it over to owner use.
    Where do you enter this code??
    Try this:
    corner or close the app.

Try this:
    corner or close the app.

Oh man, Much love brother!! This phone was thrown to the side for over a year, and I tried many different ways including the ADB commands way, but nothing worked (with ADB method, I couldn't unlock developer settings). Thanks a lot!
    Try this:
    corner or close the app.