I'm tired of X2 and i want to switch

Search This thread

lo

May 6, 2006
I'm really tired of this crap phone.
it's been months since I still hope that someone releases a hardspl or that SE releases a stable and fast rom...

Now, I begin at look for other phone but i don't know choice

My criteria:
- I write a lot of sms, hard keyboard is mandatory
- Fast processor for to play correctly at emulators and must playable on hard keyboard (Morphgear, FpseCE,...)
- No big phone as HD2, I want it fits easily in pocket, and not too small either:)
- A good gps and camera/photo+flashlight. This is very important for my job.
- Sync contacts/calendar/tasks/notes with Microsoft Exchange on wifi and usb (I don't use 3G), Andoïd can do it that ?
- Possible to cook roms !

Do you know advise me what phone to choose?
I have the impression that the LG eXpo GW820 meets my criteria, but it is not available in my country.

Sorry for my bad english...
Thank you very much in advance.

amk

Oct 16, 2006
i have the same, i choose stay with x2...

you can do some trick to make it faster...

vitc

Jul 2, 2008
after waiting for resurrection of x2... and waiting again, I have finally bought a htc pro2. It's bigger, yes, but it WORKS! I have made somersaults with it without any problem. I only regret I have lost many with x2.

lo

May 6, 2006
@amk
I already done that, and my X2 hasn't slideview & crappy panels softwares.
After a lot of tweaks, this phone stays again unpleasant to use...

@vitc
It is good idea but I will not again spend money for a same CPU of 2008 year, because before I had htc s740 => 528 mhz, now X2 => 528 mhz.
I want a cpu more fast.

lo

May 6, 2006
I think that isn't practical to write text messages on a touch screen (I'm writing approximately 25 sms per day)

Android knows sync with Exhange (on WiFi and usb)?

Biges

Aug 21, 2008
Praha
Man, you basically got the same requirements as I do and you also figured out LG eXpo fulfils the role, but it is not available (is it really sold somewhere?). I also want resistive screen, therefore no Android. As such I have nothing to choose from. HTC Touch Pro 2 has dated processor, terrible camera and lacks hardware buttons :(

I consider switching to Symbian, but it lacks the customization potential of WM. Maybe I'll wait what Symbian^3 has to offer, Nokia cameras are very good, so no compromise in this way. Nokia C6 will probably use only current Symbian 6/5, but it looks interesting never the less. Or wait for a MeeGo device.

lo

May 6, 2006
@Biges
thx for your reply.
After reflection, I'll stay still long on WM.
I love WM, I love customize it.

Yes I'm picky :)

Last edited:

Biges

Aug 21, 2008
Praha
I'm following this forum in a probably futile hope that maybe, maybe SE just really flexes its muscles and fixes X2. Or someone hacks it for custom ROMs. But I doubt it. Got my eye on Acer M900, but it is very hard to find, not officially in Continental Europe and it is not produced anymore.

I'm following this forum in a probably futile hope that maybe, maybe SE just really flexes its muscles and fixes X2. Or someone hacks it for custom ROMs. But I doubt it. Got my eye on Acer M900, but it is very hard to find, not officially in Continental Europe and it is not produced anymore.
Yup, the Acer M900 is the best phone I ever used! I bought it last year and flashed Daskalos' Lite ROM (see my signature) as soon as it was released. You see, basically, everything I throw onto it (the applications I need), just runs! It is a WM6.1 phone, which, IMHO, is an advantage, since it is the last WM version to be fully customizable. Besides, I really don't care about fancy looks, at all. My focus is productivity!

Just my 2 cents...
Carlos

lo

May 6, 2006
This phone is from Eten, which was acquired by Acer.
Eten has always provided too small RAM !

M900= 128Mo RAM !

M900= 128Mo RAM !
This is completely relative. In my case (you can see my actual screen in my Avatar) it is a non-issue. It has never run out of memory! Besides, I have absolute control over running applications (WkTask, pBar). With the Lite ROM, I usually have 55MB of RAM free.

Regards,
Carlos

lo

May 6, 2006
This is completely relative. In my case (you can see my actual screen in my Avatar) it is a non-issue. It has never run out of memory! Besides, I have absolute control over running applications (WkTask, pBar). With the Lite ROM, I usually have 55MB of RAM free.

Regards,
Carlos

I'm happy for you.
But i think if i want to use SPB MS or Manila (no 2d) i can't, because they eat too much ram and M900 becomes unusable.

I'm happy for you.
But i think if i want to use SPB MS or Manila (no 2d) i can't, because they eat too much ram and M900 becomes unusable.
Yup, people's needs are quite different. If you plan to use memory hungry applications, like fancy UIs, then you might find 128MB to be too short, indeed.

Good luck in your search for your next "perfect" device!

Regards,
Carlos

Biges

Aug 21, 2008
Praha
Yup, the Acer M900 is the best phone I ever used! I bought it last year and flashed Daskalos' Lite ROM (see my signature) as soon as it was released. You see, basically, everything I throw onto it (the applications I need), just runs! It is a WM6.1 phone, which, IMHO, is an advantage, since it is the last WM version to be fully customizable. Besides, I really don't care about fancy looks, at all. My focus is productivity!

Just my 2 cents...
Carlos

Really? That's good to hear, I'll keep my eyes open on eBay and various second-hand sellers if I can get M900 in good condition for a decent price.

M900= 128Mo RAM !

Yes, M900 has its flaws, but is there a perfect phone? No, there isn't :(