• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question I'm unable to flash ANX camera (or any other ZIP) after installing a custom ROM

Search This thread

Games Goblin

Oct 15, 2010
Hi all

I recently got a Redmi Note 10 pro (sweetin) and after a long time, I'm back in the world of custom ROMs

I read up all the guides and managed to unlock my bootloader, install a custom recovery and flash a custom ROM (dotOS)

I don't want to install magisk as I'm planning to daily this phone and don't want to run into problems with safetynet

I got dotOS up and running, BUT I'm unable to flash ANX camera - all the guides instruct to flash ANX camera through magisk, but since I don't want to install magisk, I tried flashing through the recovery (orangefox) - but it's a no go - the recovery does not see the internal storage after the ROM is installed (internal storage comes up as 0 MB) - same issue on both orangefox and twrp

I tried few other ways

- placing the zip on SD card and then flashing - it ends up in the error E:Error creating fstab
- trying to ADB sideload the zip through recovery - but when I enter ADB mode in recovery, it gets stuck on "starting ADB sideload feature..." (tried this in both orange fox and twrp)

Any solutions for this?

Thank you for your help

Syd_M

Do you know why all the guides say to flash ANX Camera with Magisk? It's because you have to flash ANX Camera with Magisk. Period. It's like if the doctor told you to take your medicines with a meal, but you say no because you don't like eating meals with your medicine. So now you have ulcer. Dude, just follow the instructions. If you want ANX Camera, then you need to have Magisk, and if you don't want problems with SafetyNet, then there's a fix for that as well.

The issue with your recovery not seeing the internal storage is a different problem. The issue is that your storage is encrypted, and your recovery is not capable of decrypting it. You'll probably need the latest version of TWRP to be able to decrypt storage in recovery.

And no, fixing the recovery issue is still not going to let flash you ANX Camera with it. You still need Magisk.

Reactions: Games Goblin

Games Goblin

Oct 15, 2010
fixing the recovery issue is still not going to let flash you ANX Camera with it. You still need Magisk.

thank you for the reply!

Noted. so magisk is an absolute must for ANXcamera for now

If I don't want to go the magisk route, the only alternative for a working camera will be a gcam port right?

Which approach would you recommend for daily driving? No magisk + gcam port - OR - magisk + ANX camera

Thanks again for your inputs

Syd_M

Depends on your preference, I guess. I haven't tried the Gcam port for this device, and I'm not sure if it completely supports 108MP yet. I usually prefer ANX Camera over GCam simply due to the native camera support, but some people prefer GCam. If you do decide to go with ANX Camera, you will need to install a few other things also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-camera-in-custom-roms.4271037/post-84945231

Reactions: Games Goblin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do you know why all the guides say to flash ANX Camera with Magisk? It's because you have to flash ANX Camera with Magisk. Period. It's like if the doctor told you to take your medicines with a meal, but you say no because you don't like eating meals with your medicine. So now you have ulcer. Dude, just follow the instructions. If you want ANX Camera, then you need to have Magisk, and if you don't want problems with SafetyNet, then there's a fix for that as well.

The issue with your recovery not seeing the internal storage is a different problem. The issue is that your storage is encrypted, and your recovery is not capable of decrypting it. You'll probably need the latest version of TWRP to be able to decrypt storage in recovery.

And no, fixing the recovery issue is still not going to let flash you ANX Camera with it. You still need Magisk.
    Depends on your preference, I guess. I haven't tried the Gcam port for this device, and I'm not sure if it completely supports 108MP yet. I usually prefer ANX Camera over GCam simply due to the native camera support, but some people prefer GCam. If you do decide to go with ANX Camera, you will need to install a few other things also: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/miui-camera-in-custom-roms.4271037/post-84945231