• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

I'm Using WM6.1 Normal Version Works Fine !

Search This thread

paypalbid

Jun 30, 2006
So Cal
I downloaded a copy of WM6.1 for the Treo 750 and it is so smooth and quick. I added to usual stuff like

AIM
CloseAll
Calendar Plus
Live Search
Memaid
Pocket Player
Resco Explorer
SPB Time
Total Contact Backup
Tweaks2k2
Ilauncher
Maverick hidelogo
IE Slow Sroll Fix

After all these applications I still have 18MB of storage left on the device given I deleted all the ATT&T junk stuff out. Im also using Radio Version 1.54.30.10 and it works so good with Tmobile in Southern California.

I have read all the stuff about the WM6.1 Lite and see all kinds of problems that is just not worth going through. Arcsoft MMS is a pain and so does all the other problems. You guys should download the normal version and call it a day. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gxsdxh1tmm

Last edited:

paypalbid

Jun 30, 2006
So Cal
i was looking for the link in ppcwarez.org but the site is down. If you go there once the site is back up again and under ROM look for Treo 750 WM6.1

DAFTEK

Jan 9, 2007
Chicago
I upgraded to this version and now my yellow light keeps blinking and cant figure out why, i am running radio 1.54.30.10 on AT&T Cingular. Anyone have any thoughts?

DAFTEK

Jan 9, 2007
Chicago
Hmmmm, very strange, i did a few resets with no luck, then i just went ahead to start doing some installs, the first thing i ran was the 1_CHEE_MountExtROM and did a reboot and the yellow blinking light went away, how is that for weird?

abs99

Feb 17, 2007
I have also been running this ROM downloaded off the ppcwarez site. It is very nice. I have yet to find any issues with it and I have noticed that it is noticeably faster than the Chaimd WM 6.0 AKU 0.7.0 ROM. I also like that the OEM battery icon is back and that the radio performance appears to be much better - retains HSDPA when surfing or tethered consistently versus swapping from HSDPA to 3G as it did in the past - also fewer dropped calls than before. Note - I did not upgrade the radio firmware and I am running on 1.54.27.00.

The only thing this ROM appears to be missing (from what I can tell at least) is MS Voice Command. I do not use this feature and so is a non-issue for me.

For anyone interested in the download of this version of 6.1, you can find the link to it here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=365873&page=9

I hope this can help someone.

ABS

Last edited:

DAFTEK

Jan 9, 2007
Chicago
Ok, update, so far this ROM is just as fast and much more solid then the Chaimd WM 6.0 AKU 0.7.0 ROM. That ROM crashed and locked up my phone 4 times last week with nothing else installed on the Treo so there was no issue with third party conflicts. This ROM is super stable with 1.54.30.10. I am honestly finally enjoying my treo for some time now....

AKTOPSHOOTER

Jan 29, 2007
Damn guys thanks I am at work right now and cant wait to get to the house and get this downloaded. I will be upgrading my tilt to the new dutty's rom and I guess I will be upgrading my treo to this rom. I am gonna be a busy man tonight. These rom updates will give the XDA Flame a much needed rest hopefully I will be able to give it an rom update as well. All is well for tonight will be a fun filled night of rom updating!!!! :D