Imap Gmail Fixed

Search This thread

macguffin

Mar 31, 2006
London
Looks like gmail have fixed their IMAP problem.

All messages HTML included are now coming through will complete bodies.

Ragart

Jan 26, 2007
Holy crap, macguffin! I'll try it out now too! Thanks for the update -- I'll post one when I find out.

AJerman

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 18, 2007
Colorado
Haha, you know, I didn't even know there was a problem with it, but I did just set up Gmail through IMAP on my phone a couple of days ago and have been getting blank emails. Sometime last night though the emails started coming through properly, so I guess that's what you're talking about, so yeah, I can confirm that it works now.

schettj

Nov 17, 2006
Wow that took them a long time to fix, but yay! Good news. Thanks for the heads up, I gave up checking on it a month ago.

plchan

Dec 21, 2007
Wow.. it is a very good news. I can start using the default mail client to check Google Email and as well as check my work email as well.

Tom Williams

Dec 18, 2007
Ditto.

I deleted my account settings from my kaiser or vodafone v1615 and then set the system up again so it downloaded a weeks emails and it all works fine.

Thanks Googlemail.

tj78492

Nov 20, 2007
I've been forwarding my email to a hotmail account to get push for awhile now since gmail wasnt working, I think I'm going to just keep doing that.

briggs81

Dec 27, 2007
Ontario, Canada
wow, it actually works. took me a week to figure out what alternative to use instead of my gmail, now a few weeks later they actually fix it, took long enough.. how long was this not working for, a year or so? lol

Tom Williams

Dec 18, 2007
I have only had my kaiser for a month so it has not bothered me a lot but now it works it will save on my data costs as i was using 2 devices for my email.

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
At the moment Flexmail is running, so please could anyone of you check this:
I want to have the last week's mail on my device. Can I do this with the built-in messaging application?
Syncing the whole inbox would be too much on my device and deleting every old mail manually is annoying.

tsadek

Jul 27, 2005
At the moment Flexmail is running, so please could anyone of you check this:
I want to have the last week's mail on my device. Can I do this with the built-in messaging application?
Syncing the whole inbox would be too much on my device and deleting every old mail manually is annoying.

There is an option in the email account's settings to download anything from today's message to last 3/5/7/30 days worth or even all messages.

Also IMAP will keep everything synchronised.

Is that what you meant?

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
Yes, thanks. That is the feature I meant.

But now i see, that windows mobile's messaging application has no imap idle support.
So, I will continue using Flexmail. It is not that comfortable, but I can adjust the location of saved mails and it has imap idle.

Imap idle is MUCH more flexible than direct push over exchange :)

leaskovski

Mar 31, 2006
Yey! Good news... shame ther is no folder mapping in pocket outlook though. Plus i would want it to not upload sent items as then you would end up getting copies!