Imei and volte fix for moto g5s plus --

Search This thread
May 19, 2018
hello guys this is my first post here but i am follower of xda since 2014

--Now if you flashed custom rom in moto g5s plus and want to go back with stock rom the biggest issue you face is IMEI and Volte

--and for that i have permanent solution for you guys .

--first follow this to recover your imei.

--install your last custom rom you used or try this post instructions https://xdaforums.com/moto-g5s-plus/how-to/guide-workaround-network-imei-0-t3745474

--after that you will find network in your mobile
--now install twrp and backup your efs folder

--now download the file i am providing you here

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KbO03nTGEpii1kS4Odx0j8agY-UlvsoC?usp=sharing this is presist file.
anfter downloading it ---

--install your stock rom and then after first boot restart the device in bootloader mode and then --

-- install latest twrp and restore your efs backup and install the presist file that i provided above ( or download it below the post) and restart .

now you will get your networks of both sim and volte .

its been tested by me several times . i am not developer .

All credit goes to XDA community and Amazing Developers.:fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• sanders-stock-nougat-persist-fix.zip
    491.7 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
May 19, 2018
You may wish to give credit to this post as well - https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/how-to/fix-persist-resolve-imei0-explanation-t3825147 The persist zip fix you've attached is very similar to the persist from that post, just the script has been adapted for sanders rather than potter. Also, you may wish to clarify that this is not a persist file, it's a permissions fix.

i cant give xda credit for presist file because its provided by some totally diffrent source. and all the information and files provided by xda i already mentioned that. and majority of people knows it as presist file . for die heart coders it may be permission fix.

Last edited:

NZedPred

Mar 16, 2016
Wellington
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
I'm the one who originally found the solution in the Potter world that @echo92 has kindly acknowledged. I also did the adapted script for sanders which has obviously been copied, and even made a post in the sanders guides forum - PSA - Never flash another device's persist, IMEI loss understood

I'd really prefer that people stop posting the fix over and over as something new, and just link to the thread I created. The thread explains everything - what happened, how to tell if you're affected, how to fix, and provided the original TWRP zip for potter. Posts like this one where people just say "hey follow this and it will work" are the reason we had issues with people permanently breaking their phones in the first place by flashing someone else's persist...

Last edited:
Reactions: echo92

stormrider57

Jul 27, 2018
strasbourg
I'm the one who originally found the solution in the Potter world that @echo92 has kindly acknowledged. I also did the adapted script for sanders which has obviously been copied, and even made a post in the sanders guides forum - PSA - Never flash another device's persist, IMEI loss understood

I'd really prefer that people stop posting the fix over and over as something new, and just link to the thread I created. The thread explains everything - what happened, how to tell if you're affected, how to fix, and provided the original TWRP zip for potter. Posts like this one where people just say "hey follow this and it will work" are the reason we had issues with people permanently breaking their phones in the first place by flashing someone else's persist...
I dont have any issues with the imei, or LTE

aha, thx for the advice, I have just flashed the bootleggers custom rom, and now i'm searching a solution to get back my volte , i have saved my old rom inclued the EFS files, how to restore my volte now, that is the question ?

May 19, 2018
I dont have any issues with the imei, or LTE

aha, thx for the advice, I have just flashed the bootleggers custom rom, and now i'm searching a solution to get back my volte , i have saved my old rom inclued the EFS files, how to restore my volte now, that is the question ?

-- install latest twrp and restore your efs backup and install the presist file that i provided above and restart .

now you will get your networks of both sim and volte .

NZedPred

Mar 16, 2016
Wellington
Samsung Galaxy A72 4G
okay thx , but i have my network, no problems, with that just want my volte back.

If you want help post all the details that I ask for in the thread here (in section asking for help):
https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/how-to/fix-persist-resolve-imei0-explanation-t3825147

Note that you must be on a stock nougat rom for the guide to work.

Edit: as it is in the g5+ forums, the links in the post are for g5+, but the essence of the guide is the same. That is, the commands still work for g5s+.

Last edited:
Reactions: echo92

xtasquee

Aug 3, 2018

I can't say for certain since I didn't flash a persist, but from what I understand it only works temporarily, with loss of data functions after flashing a different rom.

*edit - my bad. i thought you were offering a persist to flash but its a script. either way, fix is 2 weeks old so why rip it off?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

okay thx , but i have my network, no problems, with that just want my volte back.

If you want help post all the details that I ask for in the thread here (in section asking for help):
    https://xdaforums.com/g5-plus/how-to/fix-persist-resolve-imei0-explanation-t3825147

Note that you must be on a stock nougat rom for the guide to work.

Edit: as it is in the g5+ forums, the links in the post are for g5+, but the essence of the guide is the same. That is, the commands still work for g5s+.