Imei changed to 0049 automatically. Can anyone help me?

Search This thread

Nikhilrj

Mar 31, 2014
I know this is an old thread. But spent so many days reading all those stuffs. Finally contacted samsung service centre and they says they can't repair my phone since its not manufactured in my country. Tried repairs like '' GSII repair'' and lots of other. Am not sure what I did. Deleted efs folder and copied, pasted. Nv files restarted. But of know use. When I tried inserting another network simcard(my friends) . The imei didn't change. But I was able to make phone calls and 3g. Bought a new sim of the same network. But I couldn't use it to make calls. It shows network not registered(like my previous carrier). The only thing I am able to do is I can use 3g. And I am typing from this same phone. Thank you for reading this..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

sahil3x1

Aug 24, 2012
I know this is an old thread. But spent so many days reading all those stuffs. Finally contacted samsung service centre and they says they can't repair my phone since its not manufactured in my country. Tried repairs like '' GSII repair'' and lots of other. Am not sure what I did. Deleted efs folder and copied, pasted. Nv files restarted. But of know use. When I tried inserting another network simcard(my friends) . The imei didn't change. But I was able to make phone calls and 3g. Bought a new sim of the same network. But I couldn't use it to make calls. It shows network not registered(like my previous carrier). The only thing I am able to do is I can use 3g. And I am typing from this same phone. Thank you for reading this..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

search that on youtube

how to change imei number samsung i think you will get some good vids

hu_ciao

Mar 14, 2014
Restore to stock

... Samsung service centre and they says they can't repair my phone since its not manufactured in my country. Tried repairs like '' GSII repair'' and lots of other. Am not sure what I did.

If all you want is the original working condition you might be able to restore to stock.
Make sure to select the version for your device/region.

Restoring Galaxy S2 to Stock
http://xdaforums.com/ galaxy-s2/ help/ restoring-galaxy-s2-to-stock-t1799241

After looking at that you might try to flash a custom ROM, now that you can revert back :)

Use your recovery mode to make a backup of your current state before you do anything further.

If you have a terminal emulator do "reboot recovery", or find a menu.

Alternately there is a button-press sequence or this app here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410569

Might use a backup app on the internal sdcard. Use odin/adb to push/pull files to from the phone and computer to keep the backup safe. Moving to the external (removable) sdcard is also good.

Reactions: Nikhilrj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Restore to stock

... Samsung service centre and they says they can't repair my phone since its not manufactured in my country. Tried repairs like '' GSII repair'' and lots of other. Am not sure what I did.

If all you want is the original working condition you might be able to restore to stock.
    Make sure to select the version for your device/region.

Restoring Galaxy S2 to Stock
    http://xdaforums.com/ galaxy-s2/ help/ restoring-galaxy-s2-to-stock-t1799241

After looking at that you might try to flash a custom ROM, now that you can revert back :)

Use your recovery mode to make a backup of your current state before you do anything further.

If you have a terminal emulator do "reboot recovery", or find a menu.

Alternately there is a button-press sequence or this app here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1410569

Might use a backup app on the internal sdcard. Use odin/adb to push/pull files to from the phone and computer to keep the backup safe. Moving to the external (removable) sdcard is also good.