Question IMEI issue

Search This thread

shadowskil

Jun 26, 2022
Hello,

I have rooted my device and installed the original android 12 from this forum and now i am getting IMEI 0 issue, i tried a bunch of stuff on the internet how to fix it, but i just can't restore it. Can anyone help me how can i change the IMEI ?

Thank you.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hello,

I have rooted my device and installed the original android 12 from this forum and now i am getting IMEI 0 issue, i tried a bunch of stuff on the internet how to fix it, but i just can't restore it. Can anyone help me how can i change the IMEI ?

Thank you.
You bought a used device, correct? Android 12 wasn't the original OS for the S21 Ultra, it was Android 11. Was the IMEI 0 issue there before you rooted the device? Since you've rooted it's highly unlikely you can revert to Android 11 plus XDA isn't the appropriate forum for manipulating your IMEI.

You have 3 options:

1. Head to the nearest samsung service center and tell them you want to fix the internet issue and don't mention root (act dumb) if they said its out warranty say y'll fix it on your bill but as long it's software fix.

2. Replace the motherboard at any professional repairer with a used one that has a valid IMEI and baseband.

3. If neither method works... Get rid of the phone and buy a new one, cause it's just a "6.8 inch calculator" and it'll take a lot of your time and effort unresolved.

edit:
4. Maybe there is a way to write the IMEI & Baseband back on the protected partitions using root permissions or ADB, try termux with the root but i dont know for sure.

Last edited:

shadowskil

Jun 26, 2022
Thank you for your answers.

I will do as you said. Because i updated to the latest version, i can't re-roll Android 11 and this issue is not fixable at the moment on android 12.

MMarkkk

Feb 10, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Hello,

Thank you.

Reflash Firmware

Download firmware

How to flash the firmware to your phone:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure anyone is going to help you with that, as it is usually associated with criminal activity. I'm not suggesting that's your intent, but I wouldn't expect any assistance beyond 'google'.