IMEI number?

Search This thread

BakedinRC

Oct 21, 2021
Good afternoon, I've had the fortune of someone stealing my phone at an internet cafe. They did the whole hard reset (I think) because it's not coming up on Where's my device?, I was wondering is there any software out there that can track the IMEI number because I'm pretty sure the individual that took it knows enough to pull the SIM card out and reformat the phone but not enough that the IMEI number can be traced or am I SOL?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Reactions: James_Watson

BakedinRC

Oct 21, 2021
Thanks, just for future reference is there some kind of rom that I could hide in the phone that can track it? Kinda like an added level of security outside of my Google account?

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
You're welcome.
Unless your in a secure area the phone should never leave your hands except when in your pocket. Never set it down.
Don't "flash" the phone around strangers unless absolutely necessary... keep a low profile with it.
Always be aware of your surroundings and of the people.
Robbers tend to look for easy targets, don't be easy.

Toriv

May 14, 2022
Good afternoon, I've had the fortune of someone stealing my phone at an internet cafe. They did the whole hard reset (I think) because it's not coming up on Where's my device?, I was wondering is there any software out there that can track the IMEI number because I'm pretty sure the individual that took it knows enough to pull the SIM card out and reformat the phone but not enough that the IMEI number can be traced or am I SOL?
Hi. Did you later find your phone? Same thing happened to me. I want to recover it.

Top Liked Posts