Absolutely friend. This was posted by "susanlion" at the nobooko.com forum:
"Hi, I had to reset my Nook and of course it wouldn't let me re-register
I emailed B&N and got this reply and it works, I can now get into my Nook to sideload books. Not perfect I know but it is better than having nothing but an expensive paperweight lol.
This is the reply.
Thank you for contacting us.
We understand that you're unable to register your NOOK Simple Touch. We truly apologize for the trouble this has caused you.
Please be informed that due to the changes to NOOK UK services, the ability to register any existing or new NOOK Account is no longer possible. However, you may still use your NOOK Simple Touch for side-loaded contents.
Please follow the steps below on how to bypass the registration process on your NOOK Simple Touch:
1. Turn on your NOOK.
2. At the welcome screen hold down the button on the top right (page turn button) and at the same time slide your finger across the top of the screen from left to right.
3. You should now see a Factory link on the top left of the screen, press this link.
4. On the factory screen hold down the same button (top right) and at the same time tap the bottom right of the screen.
5. You should now see a Skip Oobe link on the bottom right, press this link.
6. You will now be able to use the Nook Simple Touch without registration.
Once again, thank you for your email.
I hope this will help someone else with their Nook
So.. this solution worked for me. I hope it works for you too.