Implementing volte in custom rom, if device hardware supports volte?

bfox89

Jan 3, 2021
So, my devices "stock firmware" supports VoLTE (android 6). Most of the ROMs that i have seen for my device (android 7.1 based) dosen't support VoLTE. After some digging in the internet, i found out that IMS is VoLTE and VoWIFI. So i copy-pasted the apks that have "IMS" in front of them ,from my stock firmware to custom rom, doubled-checked the permissions, and rebooted my phone. VoLTE didn't work. The secret code says "VoLTE Provisioned". Am i missing something? Or am i completely wrong about this thing? The manufacturer is samsung, if that helps in a way.

Bhanu8082

Dec 26, 2020
it is just that volte is not supported in stock android. if you are using lineage os 14.1 then volte will break.

thank fully if ril is working in your port rom then just register play service id from playstore to google android device certification. and thus ril and volte will start working.

Reactions: bfox89

bfox89

Jan 3, 2021
Thanks for the reply!
So by ril, you mean libril, right?
So if i copy libril from my stock firnware to the custom rom, will it work?
it is just that volte is not supported in stock android. if you are using lineage os 14.1 then volte will break.

thank fully if ril is working in your port rom then just register play service id from playstore to google android device certification. and thus ril and volte will start working.

Bhanu8082

Dec 26, 2020
Thanks for the reply!
So by ril, you mean libril, right?
So if i copy libril from my stock firnware to the custom rom, will it work?
simple answer no, and

volte will not work in aosp android

but who cares every thing is possible so here is permanent fix just follow instructions carefully

i hope it will help.

Reactions: bfox89

bfox89

Jan 3, 2021
Thanks! you helped alot!
But the post you have mentioned is for jio operator.
I will look more in this somewhere.
Thanks for helping again!