[Important] Read this before FLASHING/Updating to Stock PIE 9 {SPRINT,TMO AT&T ETC}

Search This thread
Aug 16, 2019
[Important] Read this before FLASHING/Updating to Stock PIE 9 {SPRINT,TMO AT&T ETC}

Mates! for newbies specially Sprint,TMO and Atn&t users I know you are sad to hear that you won't get stock Pie update and you have been watching threads here on XDA showing how to flash captured Stock Pie of Verizon/Brazil variant on your Sprint ,at&t TMO variants this very important to know that DO NOT UPDATE/FLASH 9.0 Pie update of Verizon/Brazil variants. Otherwise you will loose your IMEI, Baseband N, modem. AND definitely NO WIFI and there is turning back
That update only works for Verizon/brazil variant devices which are getting updates by Motorola it's not for sprint at&t tmo etc THIS ONLY WORKS FOR VARIANTS WHICH ARE ANNOUNCED BY MOTO.

Reasons: when you flash stock pie your Oreo modem is replaced with Pie modem which doesn't matches to your variant which results in loosing of imei,base band and wifi.
Even if you try to flash back oreo with a clean flash you may be able to use your stock oreo but due to pie modem you won't be able to downgrade to your oreo modem and in result your imei baseband will still be gone with pie and there is no solution haven't been found yet.

Please if you really want to use pie there are other custom roms like Dirty Unicorns, CR Droid,Havoc and Lineage OS use them till the developers found an solution for this problem. Thank you!

Last edited:

Dreamerok

Feb 21, 2007
Odessa
So.....you flashed everything but the modem files and everything works for Sprint? I'd assume you didn't flash the bootloader?

Basically want to know which files you flashed and what issues you've seen if any. Much appreciated

work fine for me. some bugs with wifi (quick connect disconect sometimes)
battery better. twrp * magisk + gpay ) gcam last works perfect. motocamera & motoprojector ? moto verve buds work

Reactions: gokart2

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
Just came to me....there might be a way to revert back firmware. Way back in 3vo 3d days there was a Boost mobile update that had a newer Android version then what the Sprint people got. So many of us flashed it and had problems. And couldn't revert back.

The best kernel dev I've seen to date (name cannot be given due to settlement between him an xda) found he could hex edit the previous bootloaders version number to be post the Boost version, which then allowed it to flash. And we could then revert back to the Sprint firmware/ROM. I don't know how Moto checks or limits firmware flashing, but just an idea?

ikako30

Nov 16, 2014
Tbilisi
I have same problem but i had Lineage OS Backup and flashed it. Now I have normal Lineage OS on Partition B and Lineage OS with Problem on Partition A. (Official Rom only uses A partition, Lineage OS supports A/B partition update). I don't know if there is any way to copy B partition IMEI and Baseband on Partition A.

Zuhaib King

Dec 19, 2018
Moto z2 force sprint

I have also same issue no wifi or network n also no imei if i install lineage os will it resolves imei issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Mates! for newbies specially Sprint,TMO and Atn&t users I know you are sad to hear that you won't get stock Pie update and you have been watching threads here on XDA showing how to flash captured Stock Pie of Verizon/Brazil variant on your Sprint ,at&t TMO variants this very important to know that DO NOT UPDATE/FLASH 9.0 Pie update of Verizon/Brazil variants. Otherwise you will loose your IMEI, Baseband N, modem. AND definitely NO WIFI and there is turning back
    That update only works for Verizon/brazil variant devices which are getting updates by Motorola it's not for sprint at&t tmo etc THIS ONLY WORKS FOR VARIANTS WHICH ARE ANNOUNCED BY MOTO.

Reasons: when you flash stock pie your Oreo modem is replaced with Pie modem which doesn't matches to your variant which results in loosing of imei,base band and wifi.
    Even if you try to flash back oreo with a clean flash you may be able to use your stock oreo but due to pie modem you won't be able to downgrade to your oreo modem and in result your imei baseband will still be gone with pie and there is no solution haven't been found yet.

Please if you really want to use pie there are other custom roms like Dirty Unicorns, CR Droid,Havoc and Lineage OS use them till the developers found an solution for this problem. Thank you!
    found this

Found this forum:

bbs.ixmoe.com/t/topic/22171

Could be a solution to unbrick ?
    So.....you flashed everything but the modem files and everything works for Sprint? I'd assume you didn't flash the bootloader?

Basically want to know which files you flashed and what issues you've seen if any. Much appreciated

work fine for me. some bugs with wifi (quick connect disconect sometimes)
    battery better. twrp * magisk + gpay ) gcam last works perfect. motocamera & motoprojector ? moto verve buds work