• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Importing unlocked moto g 5 plus from Australia (Telstra) into EU (VoWifi and VoLTE compatibility)

Search This thread

dominik599

Nov 30, 2021
I plan to bring this phone for my family member whose carrier supports this phone model but only mentions models supported with software made available by them.
I suppose if it has a stock firmware or firmware from different carrier/region/country I am be out of lock and wifi calling and VoLTE may not work?

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Hey mate, im from australia and can confirm that none of the australian carriers have volte/wifi available. You may need to flash a different firmware to make it appear in the settings. Its been awhile since i sold my g 5g plus and cant remember if it was there on the australian firmware or not, but i doubt it.

You can get firmware from lolinet

dominik599

Nov 30, 2021
Thanks mate! I saw on another Australian forum that Moto G5 didnt have volte/vowifi on Telstra but the more recent moto G 5G Plus indeed had confirmed support.

Altough its possible it may need to be fladhed with EU region firmwate to work in Europe.