Question Importing Unlocked S22 Ultra from USA to India, Europe, Asia

Search This thread

gargdivyam

Mar 8, 2022
I have ordered the S22 Ultra from the US and hoping to use it in India. Can anyone confirm if the USA Unlocked S22 Ultra will work on Indian SIM Carriers? I have also read that Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass stopped working under such situations in last year's S21 Ultra. If anybody has any insight on this topic and solutions for it, please post them on this thread.

drgaurav7

May 15, 2022
The samsung s22 ultrabought from usa works on airtel Sim in India. But I am not sure about jio Sim.
BUT THE CALL RECORDING FEATURE DOESNT WORK ON USA MODELS.

The usa models have an extra bandwidth chip installed on the right side corner of phone. That helps the device to work and have better network in low network areas like basement etc.

I personally checked this on iPhone 12 same models with same network jio one usa version and other Indian version. The usa version model was able to receive and make calls buy Indian model couldn't make and receive calls.

Reactions: Incoherent Ian

From0toHero

Apr 22, 2012
Effretikon
The samsung s22 ultrabought from usa works on airtel Sim in India. But I am not sure about jio Sim.

The usa models have an extra bandwidth chip installed on the right side corner of phone. That helps the device to work and have better network in low network areas like basement etc.

I personally checked this on iPhone 12 same models with same network jio one usa version and other Indian version. The usa version model was able to receive and make calls buy Indian model couldn't make and receive calls.
That’s the mmwave antenna not a extra bandwidth chip right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For curiosity may I ask reason to import from USA when this time India have Snapdragon already.
    Basically through a friend of mine, i was able to order the Tab S8 Ultra 256gb with Keyboard and S22 Ultra 256gb (unlocked) for $1900, whereas the same would cost $3000 in India.