How To Guide Improve Battery Life and reduce heat

Search This thread

Evo400

May 19, 2022
Battery life on 12 Pro is probably one of the worst I have experienced. My phone is literally sucking battery life to a level I have not seen on any phone. Light usage, FB, Insta, emails, etc and Im down 40% in like 2 hours.
I did all sorts of resets, firmware updates, etc ( although latest Xiaomi EU has made it even worse in my opinion)

The solution I found, and its working amazing ( my batter life is gone from bad to super good) Same usage, same style and there is basically no drain.

The solution is to under clock the CPU. For the the phone must be rooted for the software to allow underclocking. Apk name is called 3C Cpu Manager

I basically run the CPU at around 60% of its max power. This is totally not noticeable for day to day use unless you use the phone for gaming or heavy CPU progarms.

The Snapdragon is very power hungry, all tasks are made with its using the full power which creates unecessary heat and battery drain. Its a pitty that Xiaomi doesn't have the CPU optimized better like some other phones using the same cpu with better battery life.

See images before and after battery usage and CPU settings for under locking

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-18-12-47-43-212-edit_ccc71.st.cpu.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-18-12-47-43-212-edit_ccc71.st.cpu.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 616
  • Screenshot_2022-11-18-12-42-19-985_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-18-12-42-19-985_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 620
  • Screenshot_2022-11-06-17-09-05-213_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-11-06-17-09-05-213_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 620

meamitonly4u

Apr 30, 2015
Hello there
I was wondering would ram management be affected after underclocking the processor? As many apps gets restarted when I do multitasking, like payment page gets refreshed when I switch app and then the payment made fails at device end.
I regret buying this super expensive brick whose ram sucks at just basic apps like chrome and gpay.
Kindly guide, as I want to improve battery life as well

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
Is that true? Making connection to cell towers can't be more energy efficient than a close by router not can it? Especiallywhen in the move the reconnecting with and the searching for the network drains more energy I believe
It would have been more interesting to post 2 identical diagrams, ie without battery charge.
Wi-Fi is more energy intensive than data.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Reactions: Danacy
Dec 16, 2022
Hi. What method did you use to root the phone?

I searched online but couldn't do it. I really want to increase my battery life. Yesterday I had only 4:40 hrs SoT with only social apps and web browsing.

NOSS8

Recognized Contributor
Hi. What method did you use to root the phone?

I searched online but couldn't do it. I really want to increase my battery life. Yesterday I had only 4:40 hrs SoT with only social apps and web browsing.
I tried 3C Cpu Manager and saw no real improvement.
May be a little early to tell but with the latest Xiaomi EU rom A13, it displays 10 hours more at 100% which becomes 6 hours in the end.

Root:
1. Find or redownload the TGZ file for your current ROM
2. Browse inside the zip file and find boot.img under the images folder
3. Copy this file to a temporary location in your PC first, and then transfer it to your phone
4. Install the desired version of Magisk app (V23?)
5. Run the app and choose Install under Magisk
6. Choose Select and Patch a File, then select the boot.img that was transferred earlier
7. A process will run and create a new .img file in the same folder where the original one was
8. Transfer the new file to your PC in the same directory where fastboot.exe is located
9. Open a command prompt window in that same directory
10. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to PC, USB2.0 port. Check for connection by running command fastboot devices.
11. Run the command fastboot flash boot_ab magiskXXXX.img

Once it's completed, run command fastboot reboot and the phone should boot and be rooted.

Dec 16, 2022
I tried 3C Cpu Manager and saw no real improvement.
May be a little early to tell but with the latest Xiaomi EU rom A13, it displays 10 hours more at 100% which becomes 6 hours in the end.

Root:
1. Find or redownload the TGZ file for your current ROM
2. Browse inside the zip file and find boot.img under the images folder
3. Copy this file to a temporary location in your PC first, and then transfer it to your phone
4. Install the desired version of Magisk app (V23?)
5. Run the app and choose Install under Magisk
6. Choose Select and Patch a File, then select the boot.img that was transferred earlier
7. A process will run and create a new .img file in the same folder where the original one was
8. Transfer the new file to your PC in the same directory where fastboot.exe is located
9. Open a command prompt window in that same directory
10. Reboot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to PC, USB2.0 port. Check for connection by running command fastboot devices.
11. Run the command fastboot flash boot_ab magiskXXXX.img

Once it's completed, run command fastboot reboot and the phone should boot and be rooted.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

How was your battery life before compared to the 6 hrs you have now with xiaomi.eu A13??

Top Liked Posts