Question Improve battery life (change resolution/refresh rate) possible?

Search This thread

js042507

Jan 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
You know, just an observation of course, I used to be obsessed with my battery life. Like OCD obsessed. And I would do everything possible to get the absolute best battery life. Since my first Android really, which was over 10 years ago. Every phone I would root and obsess over this. What's weird, is that since getting the Pixel 6...I don't give a crap anymore! I even removed greenify and any battery monitoring app. Seriously do not care. Something switched on and I told myself that this doesn't even matter. When my phone is low, I plug it in. I don't mind waiting.

Just thought I would share this. Completely irrelevant to the topic, sorry. I do, however, still charge to full and drain to 0% on every rechargable device I own. I know it doesn't matter these days, but I believe it used to long ago. Now it's just a habit.

Reactions: TJ446 and Golf c

Opensystem

May 12, 2013
I hope this isn't the case because one of the reason I got this was because I read it goes down to 10 Hz like the Iphone to save battery
My understanding is that the Pro DOES drop to 10hz properly, but apps that read out the current rate aren't receiving the proper info from the system and display a higher rate currently. May be fixed w a sw update in the future

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Technically, it should be possible to get some great battery life with this phone's big battery. Is it possible to change the resolution and also limit the refresh rate to let's say 10-60 instead of 10-120?
    This alone should help a lot with battery. I am hesitate buying this phone because of the battery life I have seen in reviews.
    You can force refresh rate (60-120) in the developer options as far as I know. 10hz is not yet available to force (as far as I know), but stay tuned to what the root community can do about that in the future.
    You know, just an observation of course, I used to be obsessed with my battery life. Like OCD obsessed. And I would do everything possible to get the absolute best battery life. Since my first Android really, which was over 10 years ago. Every phone I would root and obsess over this. What's weird, is that since getting the Pixel 6...I don't give a crap anymore! I even removed greenify and any battery monitoring app. Seriously do not care. Something switched on and I told myself that this doesn't even matter. When my phone is low, I plug it in. I don't mind waiting.

Just thought I would share this. Completely irrelevant to the topic, sorry. I do, however, still charge to full and drain to 0% on every rechargable device I own. I know it doesn't matter these days, but I believe it used to long ago. Now it's just a habit.
    Y'all must not of fully charged your phones before using them allowing the device to calibrate properly. I have no issues with battery on the P6P with heavy usage... Lasts through an 18 hour day without needing charged.
    Since I have never had 120hz refresh rate I don't know what I am missing so I am cool with forcing it to permanent 60hz if that saves battery life. Same with resolution. Curious what kind of battery life can be achieved with these tweaks.

The display is one of the main "extra" features you get going from 6 to 6 Pro aside from extra camera. If you're worried about battery life because of 120hz then just buy the regular 6.
    Hello my friend. Great t

Hello my friend. Where you been, Iphone land? How's are new kernel cooking? Hahaha
    I have been on 4 xl:) I am back now with 6 pro