Improved stock Gallery

Search This thread

JonnyTrulove

Hey all. For anyone that hasn't already done so, the gallery app from the V40 (I'm guessing) is compatible with our devices. Personally feel it's a big improvement over the original.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgele...-release/gallery-7-0-45-android-apk-download/

Edit: I've also updated the stock camera and quick memo apps using the current ones on apk mirror and they work well. Mileage may vary on all of this as I'm running a bunch of magisk modules (anxious by whiskeyomega for example which already mods the camera) so that's why I'm not giving a feature run down of each since it may differ on stock devices.

Last edited:

Mrxyzl

May 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Hey all. For anyone that hasn't already done so, the gallery app from the V40 (I'm guessing) is compatible with our devices. Personally feel it's a big improvement over the original.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lgele...-release/gallery-7-0-45-android-apk-download/

Edit: I've also updated the stock camera and quick memo apps using the current ones on apk mirror and they work well. Mileage may vary on all of this as I'm running a bunch of magisk modules (anxious by whiskeyomega for example which already mods the camera) so that's why I'm not giving a feature run down of each since it may differ on stock devices.

Did music work?

Edit: music install but fc when open equalizer

Last edited:

nikolajov

Oct 25, 2016
I've installed the latest version of gallery app and I can't change wallpapers after that. Is there any solution about that?

That's the same camera version in my module, Whiskeyomega (not tagging to not bother them) was just where the needed code for the dual speaker and DAC code was from.

Warning for others: Anyways you should always be weary of updating OEM apps via regular install methods (outside of the Play Store) as they aren't always uninstallable via regular methods. And you'll have to delete the data/app/*app name* folder in twrp if you ever end up with a non boot or something.

Also if you ever do want the updated versions from newer phones just download roms, kdz, dumps and extract what you want. You can get newer stuff sooner.

JonnyTrulove

That's the same camera version in my module, Whiskeyomega (not tagging to not bother them) was just where the needed code for the dual speaker and DAC code was from.

Warning for others: Anyways you should always be weary of updating OEM apps via regular install methods (outside of the Play Store) as they aren't always uninstallable via regular methods. And you'll have to delete the data/app/*app name* folder in twrp if you ever end up with a non boot or something.

Also if you ever do want the updated versions from newer phones just download roms, kdz, dumps and extract what you want. You can get newer stuff sooner.

Very good point. I made the mistake of assuming everyone has a recent backup....

Just now I almost had to restore my phone thanks to some apks that I wanted to try out. So please don't be a guinea pig with this kind of thing unless you know you can revert back to a working version if the worst happens. (For reference I tried updating system ui, network, and settings packages that were all just posted recently and ended up uninstalling those due to system ui loop and then subsequent crashes)

That being said, the gallery app seems like a pretty safe update across the devices but everyone's risk is their own to take.

JonnyTrulove

Overlord Gaia

Oct 2, 2018
From the same page I updated my LG Home and Music. I do like the UI improvements on those apps. But I realize those are draining my battery! The screenshot below shows what I'm talking about.

Is there a reason why newer version demands more battery?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-05-02.png
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-05-02.png
    231 KB · Views: 2,755

KarimAssiakh

Jan 4, 2019
hi im a lg G6 user i updated Fm radio, Gallery, Lg music , camera, lg home 7, home selector, lg contacts, lg screen ui 7.0.42 and it workin great
exept SystemUI and Call service.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

From the same page I updated my LG Home and Music. I do like the UI improvements on those apps. But I realize those are draining my battery! The screenshot below shows what I'm talking about.

Is there a reason why newer version demands more battery?
no even the original stock Luancher have the same problem, lg need to copy from samsung and change the UI

mkpcxxl

Jan 14, 2015
Cambrils
Yesterday I've updated the gallery, the calendar, quick memo+ and the weather app.
In calendar and quick memo+ I didn't find changes but the gallery is much better and also the weather app is very nice.

Screenshot of the old weather app:

screenshot_2018-12-31s6dj3.png

Screenshot of the new weather app:

screenshot_2019-01-31g3j7r.png

Regards
mkpcxxl

Last edited:

jrsndr

You can uninstall an OEM app that you tried to install but didn't work. Just go to Apps & notifications/App info/ then choose your app. If your OEM app doesn't have the uninstall option, look at the top right for the three dot menu, then select uninstall updates. Now your back to where you started.

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
A bit of offtopic - as i browse apkmirror's LG software (https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=lgelectronics) i can see that there is for example newer version of FM radio. Did anyone try it on V30? How do i know for what phone is this version?

I've V30 and I try
  • LG FM Radio 7.0.16 (crash FC)
  • HD Audio Recorder 7.0.10 (crash FC)
  • Email 7.0.19 (crash FC)
  • LG Calendar 6.20.24 OK
  • LG Gallery 7.0.45 OK
  • LG Home 7.0.38 OK
  • LG Home selector 7.0.11 OK
  • LG Weather 7.0.18 (and services and theme connected with) OK
  • LG Camera 7.10.71 (don't install)
  • LG Music 7.0.28 (don't work)

Strange that Email FC...in the description says "Oreo 8.0 min api" but install and FC. I've the 6.87 version on phone, on apk mirror the latest version is 7.0.19

trouble.

Nov 9, 2017
OnePlus 9
I've V30 and I try
LG FM Radio 7.0.16 (crash FC)
HD Audio Recorder 7.0.10 (crash FC)
Email 7.0.19 (crash FC)
LG Calendar 6.20.24 OK
LG Gallery 7.0.45 OK
LG Home 7.0.38 OK
LG Home selector 7.0.11 OK
LG Weather 7.0.18 (and services and theme connected with) OK
LG Camera 7.10.71 (don't install)
LG Music 7.0.28 (don't work)

Strange that Email FC...in the description says "Oreo 8.0 min api" but install and FC. I've the 6.87 version on phone, on apk mirror the latest version is 7.0.19

Lg home didn't work on my lg v30 h930. I wonder how others can run it without any crash

mandhir.s.bajwa

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
LG G8X ThinQ
Lg home didn't work on my lg v30 h930. I wonder how others can run it without any crash

It works, but not with default theme.

I was able to install almost all updates except FM and I have stock LG V30+ Oreo

NOTE: Don't update system UI, I did it and lost navigation bar and notification bar.
Also if anyone get's into any issue or fc, simply go to apps and from top right three dot menu, select uninstall updates. you should be good to go after that.

Last edited:

trouble.

Nov 9, 2017
OnePlus 9
It works, but not with default theme.

I was able to install almost all updates except FM and I have stock LG V30+ Oreo

NOTE: Don't update system UI, I did it and lost navigation bar and notification bar.
Also if anyone get's into any issue or fc, simply go to apps and from top right three dot menu, select uninstall updates. you should be good to go after that.

Did you install the lg home latest version successfully?

mkpcxxl

Jan 14, 2015
Cambrils
Since yesterday the weather app is crashing when I leave it. I don't know why, nothing has changed but I think is for an update of google play service. It's only my thinking not sure about it.
Anyone with an idea ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, in settings, apps&notifications search the gallery and touch the 3point button and uninstall updates.
    After that you are back in Version 6....
    Now you can install again the Version 7.0.45

Regards
    mkpcxxl
    Yesterday I've updated the gallery, the calendar, quick memo+ and the weather app.
    In calendar and quick memo+ I didn't find changes but the gallery is much better and also the weather app is very nice.

Screenshot of the old weather app:

screenshot_2018-12-31s6dj3.png

Screenshot of the new weather app:

screenshot_2019-01-31g3j7r.png

Regards
    mkpcxxl
    Hi all,
    today I've installed LG Gallery v 9.0.32 taken from apk mirror.

Works fine on Pie stock ROM, but "Settings" don't..I don't know why. Someone experience same problem? There is something that I can do?

Looks like they changed how settings work for 9.0 Apps, the screen recorder also works but settings crash.
    Don't think there is anything you can do, it's made for the new UI.