• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Improving photo modules

Search This thread

Thelm76

Aug 9, 2019
Hi!
I've seen that the F2 pro is the same as the K30 pro. I plan to buy it but i'd really like to get a telephoto lens on my phone...
I then saw the k30 pro zoom and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the (way) cheaper f2 pro, and then find a way to get the modules from the k30 pro zoom to put them in!

I know that's a silly idea but why not? :silly:

Last edited:

Thelm76

Aug 9, 2019
Hi!
I've seen that the F2 pro is the same as the K30 pro. I plan to buy it but i'd really like to get a telephoto lens on my phone...
I then saw the k30 pro zoom and I was wondering if it would be possible to get the (way) cheaper f2 pro, and then find a way to get the modules from the k30 pro zoom to put them in!

Can an admin move this to the Q&A section please?

02xda1

Jun 19, 2009
brisbane
Hi!

I just received the pro zoom 12/512, I bought this over the poco f2 for 2 reasons, namely, you can't get the 12/512 option on the poco (as far as I am aware anyway), and I wanted the aforementioned telephoto lens. Form what I've seen in tear-downs, there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't retrofit the module and then the correct rom/camera software.

aftnoon2

I just received the pro zoom 12/512, I bought this over the poco f2 for 2 reasons, namely, you can't get the 12/512 option on the poco (as far as I am aware anyway), and I wanted the aforementioned telephoto lens. Form what I've seen in tear-downs, there shouldn't be any reason why you couldn't retrofit the module and then the correct rom/camera software.

Where do you bought this Pro zoom 12/512? Ali?

Cirra92

Jan 16, 2013
Nis
also changed the camera module with a zoom pro lens setup and i really like the results!
Did you really really do this? Sorry, have to sceptical a bit.

If so, did you only need to change the modules as they seem pin to pin compatible? No need to change the black round lens from Zoom version?
As far as I saw, since the ROM builds for both devices are unified, I guess there is no need to make changes in software.

dfs_

Feb 6, 2011
HTC Desire
Xiaomi Mi 4
yes they are compatible, if you order be sure to select the zoom version with the OIS and 3x zoom.
when opening best thing is to use a sharp! cutter knife and a suction plier ( exists this word in english?), some images etc in the german forum , use translate to check it out https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...pro-kamera-modul-upgrade-moeglich.962432.html

the backcover stays as it is, the model name changes to K30 Pro Zoom in the android info but everything just works as it was

Last edited:

sebj84

check the thread here,
i also installe dthe zoom lens and it works nice

Cirra92

Jan 16, 2013
Nis
yes they are compatible, if you order be sure to select the zoom version with the OIS and 3x zoom.
when opening best thing is to use a sharp! cutter knife and a suction plier ( exists this word in english?), some images etc in the german forum , use translate to check it out https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/...pro-kamera-modul-upgrade-moeglich.962432.html

the backcover stays as it is, the model name changes to K30 Pro Zoom in the android info but everything just works as it was
Which version of the F2 have you got, 6 or 8gb?