• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

In all honesty...

worlddominatiin

Dec 9, 2012
Houston
iamdevonte.tumblr.com
This phone sucks at multitasking. Galaxy S2 has a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor as well, but it multitasked with ease. This phone feels like an old person that's gonna croak over and die whenever I multitask things. Ex: I'd be downloading an app and go to my messages to read a new message. The phone lags like hell before it opens the message.

The only reason I haven't traded it or sold it is because the only phone I'd consider purchasing right now is an iPhone 4s. I agree android is a bit better but I got bored of it.

But the multitasking problem is the main reason why I dislike this phone (aside from locked BL and and 3 giant buttons taking up the screen.)

/endrant

Sent from my Golden'd Atrix HD MAXX using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sony108

sickkside13

Jul 15, 2012
Chicago
I haven't had any problems so far even on stock rom . Maybe you are a mad because of the locked bootloader just like mostly anyone here but don't worry hopefully we will get it unlocked .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium

worlddominatiin

Dec 9, 2012
Houston
iamdevonte.tumblr.com
I haven't had any problems so far even on stock rom . Maybe you are a mad because of the locked bootloader just like mostly anyone here but don't worry hopefully we will get it unlocked .

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
It really has nothing to do with BL. Lol.
My is just very laggy when it comes to multitasking. It was worse on stock but still laggy on Golden Rom.

darknessrise1234

Mar 20, 2011
This phone sucks at multitasking. Galaxy S2 has a dual-core 1.5 GHz processor as well, but it multitasked with ease. This phone feels like an old person that's gonna croak over and die whenever I multitask things. Ex: I'd be downloading an app and go to my messages to read a new message. The phone lags like hell before it opens the message.

The only reason I haven't traded it or sold it is because the only phone I'd consider purchasing right now is an iPhone 4s. I agree android is a bit better but I got bored of it.

But the multitasking problem is the main reason why I dislike this phone (aside from locked BL and and 3 giant buttons taking up the screen.)

/endrant

I've had this issue on stock, joker and batakang.

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
I haven't noticed at all...

Personally, the ENTIRE time I've had my Atrix, I never noticed any multitasking lag...
Then again, it all depends on how you use the phone in the first place...
I mainly download, tweet, listen to music and (attempt to) clear the MGS VR missions on mine and I can switch back and forth rather smoothly...

Reactions: souljaboy

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
the phone lags when trying to do more than one thing at a time, on any rom.
yes the phone sucks.
Have you frozen most, if not all the stock bloatware, have a static wallpaper (nothing that moves), doth thou use task killers?
Oh and what's your usual CPU usage? (What's your hourly average... guestimate if you have to...)

worlddominatiin

Dec 9, 2012
Houston
iamdevonte.tumblr.com
Personally, the ENTIRE time I've had my Atrix, I never noticed any multitasking lag...
I mainly download, tweet, listen to music and (attempt to) clear the MGS VR missions on mine and I can switch back and forth rather smoothly...
Then we do most of the same. If I download an app (let's say Firefox mobile.) I'd go back to twitter, but it'd take a while for twitter to come back up. Even if I don't clear my recent apps, it will still lag when I'm on there.

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
It would only get laggy if you have a ton of "recent apps"...
I usually keep 5~7 apps recent and clear away the apps I don't need to keep "recent"
Oh and you could use greenify too while you're at it...

LeGenDz R3DeaDz

Jun 30, 2012
Montreal
I buyed my AHD at 250$ factory unlock on kijiji in very good condition and for the price I think its a very verry good phone I was going to buy a one S at 320 when I saw this phone . Now Im so happy with it no lags at all. If someone unlock the bootloader it will be a purchase of gold

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
I never said I used all that :D
I just use Greenify and switch between a static and live wallpaper all the time... (I'm very indecisive...)
All I did was mention various tactics to to help... Oh and to mention that task killers are bad... Just the usual stuff...

Byakko Custom

Feb 21, 2013
That's why you pair it with other battery saving apps like juice defender...
IMO I used JD's Extreme Settings, and just go with that and greenify.
I haven't charged from yesterday, leaving about 53% (I had 55% at midnight, left wi-fi on...)
I've watched Skyfall (in glorious HD) with wi-fi on in the background, and I'm about to start the last Ninja VR Mission for MGS with 32% left.
No Lag, No Issues. If people still insist on complaining about the phone, so be it. This phone is a diamond in the rough, you have to be the one to make it what is.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone