In depth review of the Lenovo Tab P11 and Tab P11 Pro

Search This thread

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
I notice in the screenshots that in Productivity mode landscape orientation, the icons for Date, time, network, volume, power are shown in top right? Is that fixed or configurable? I saw in some other videos of Lenovo Tab P11 that when the window is maximized, the icons don't show at all? Can they not show on the taskbar on bottom right, like they do on Samsung tablets Dex?

From my (fairly brief testing) the system/status icons and notification icons remain in the same place (top right and top left). They don’t move down to the bottom right of the screen, like they do with Samsung DeX. Although, I’m not sure if having them there would be that useful really? I place shortcuts that open the notification panel and quick settings panel on the home screen. The taskbar includes both running (recent) apps and apps that have been cached – so the list can be quite long. A Windows style notification tray may eat into that space. There are apps like Taskbar that can provide more functionality, if needed.

Personally, I much prefer Lenovo’s minimalistic style of customisation. A Lenovo tablet’s UI is almost identical to what you may find on a Motorola/Nokia/Pixel phone. There is less need to separately memorise where settings are placed, what they are renamed to, what the icons look like etc. - like you may need to with a skin running on top of Android.

This is probably just me though – others seem to not care that their phone’s MIUI is quite different to their tablets One UI, which is different again to their mums ColorOS (when tech support is needed) etc. I just wish that all manufactures provided a choice between their skinned UI and a pure Android One like option. Either when purchasing or setting up the device – a pipe dream, I suspect, for a whole bunch of reasons. Of course, one of the core attractions of Android is choice and customisation (compared to iOS); I just wish that users could choose to have less (manufacturer enforced) customisation.

Imagine if Windows 10 was like this: a Dell laptop had a different UI and different settings in different places to a HP laptop and a user couldn’t choose to change this (without voiding their warranty). I know some PC manufactures do supply deep-rooted bloat, unwanted dual boot type functionality etc. but a clean install via a Windows 10 ISO and USB drive remedies this, without issue, in my experience at least.

Sorry for the somewhat irrelevant (and probably ignorant) rant.

Smitay95

Sep 22, 2017
I recently bought the XiaoXin Pad Pro, Had to sideload Netflix but after trying 3-4 different APKs I'm stuck on Widevine L3. I wonder if I'm on a different Global ROM.

deacde

Jan 12, 2012
Current price in China still $305 for pad pro? Do you find any chinese seller doing shipping to Malaysia? I know there's Banggood, Aliexpress, etc. for that but that $90 differences wit hcurrent price $39+ is a big value for me. Maybe I'll cave in and buy it at $39+ later this week.

Reactions: pierro78

jotanvillarreal

Feb 22, 2021
Hi, i new in this stuffs and on XDA Forum.
If i buy a Lenovo Tab P11, how change chinese firmware?
Unlock bootloader and flash global rom with recovery?
Which recovery?

or

where i can buy a Lenovo Tab P11 Global?

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
Personally, if the P11/P11 Pro is available locally then I would buy it locally. The lack of Play Protect Certification for the XiaoXin Pad Pro/XiaoXin Pad isn’t really much of issue now but it could be in 6 months, or a year from now. If, over time, as more Android devices meet certain security criteria, Google/app developers may step up restrictions. I don’t know if or when that will happen; as intentions aren’t completely clear to me. It seems as though the TB-J606F_PRC and TB-J706F_PRC *should* be certified and I can’t find any clear information as to why they aren’t.

For now, only certain apps (like Netflix) require sideloading (they can’t be installed/updated/viewed on the Play Store). Allegedly, some banking apps won’t work at all without Play Protect Certification.

Below is the process that I followed for the XiaoXin Pad Pro TB-J706F_PRC (the chinese version of the Tab P11 Pro). I believe the same process can be applied to the XiaoXin Pad TB-J606F_PRC (the chinese version of theTab P11).

What I did:
  • I booted the device into recovery mode, performed a factory reset and turned the device off (please note that these particular steps are likely not necessary, it’s just what I did).
  • I downloaded and installed LMSA (Lenovo Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant). I believe Windows 10 and/or a PC with reasonably up to date hardware may be required to use LMSA successfully. https://support.lenovo.com/uk/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa
  • I then clicked on the Rescue tab and choose the “Power-off Mode” recovery option and selected the Tab P11 Pro TB-J706F (select the Tab P11 TB-J606F if you have the XiaoXin Pad). The HW Code can be found on the back of the tablet.
  • The program should then offer to download the latest firmware. Once downloaded, select the firmware, click on “Rescue Now”, and then follow the instructions. The process may take a while.

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
I recently bought the XiaoXin Pad Pro, Had to sideload Netflix but after trying 3-4 different APKs I'm stuck on Widevine L3. I wonder if I'm on a different Global ROM.

Regarding the Widevine dropping to level 3 - I’m not sure why this would be the case. As far as I know, this should only happen if the device’s bootloader is unlocked, or, if the device is rooted.

I initially downloaded the Netflix APK from here > https://apkpure.com/netflix/com.netflix.mediaclient/versions . Choosing the most recent APK (rather than XAPK etc.) avoids having to use a third party app just for installation. The latest single APK provided is, as of right now, v7.89.0 build 18 35322.

More recently, I’ve used APKUpdater 2 > https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-4-0-3-gplv3-apkupdater-2-get-updates-for-your-apps.3444517 to keep the Netflix app up to date.

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
Hi, i new in this stuffs and on XDA Forum.
If i buy a Lenovo Tab P11, how change chinese firmware?
Unlock bootloader and flash global rom with recovery?
Which recovery?

or

where i can buy a Lenovo Tab P11 Global?

See my post above. No need to manually unlock the bootloader, just use LMSA to complete the entire process.

To buy the Tab P11 locally (if available) go to https://www.lenovo.com and, if necessary, select your region/country via a menu at the bottom of the page. Also, try Google Shopping (and other price comparison sites).

Reactions: jotanvillarreal

ChrisM243

Jun 14, 2014
Thank you!, I will wait to try to buy locally or in Europe.

I bought mine from Banggood.com. The guys from that shop ship it with the international ROM.

Is there already any form of custom rom for this tablet? Concerning customization there is not that mich possible yet, unfortunately.

RMVC1968

Apr 23, 2016
I got my self a P11 from banggood, how can I see if my room is the global one?? It's strange that the security patch that I have its from 5 October 2020, and the system update from Google its from may 2020. The from is this one TB-J606F_S000145_201105_ROW. Some help would be appreciated.

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad Pro to be available for 1,999 yuan ($310) from March 2 - Gizmochina

does anyone know a way to have at that price with international shipping? I can't find the source of the sale.

I'm guessing that price is in reference to how much the XiaoXin Pad Pro costs in China domestically (can’t officially be shipped internationally). When I was looking a few months back ¥2000 was the price at onetime (seemed to vary between ¥2000 and ¥2500, if I recall correctly). Currently, looks like the (base) price is ¥2100.

Although, unless you know someone who will happily order, take delivery and reship the tablet for you (i.e. that doesn’t care about making a profit), then this information isn’t of much use (to anyone outside the PRC).

For the rest of us, its sites like AliExpress and Banggood: which will charge a markup, since their business likely depends on doing so.

Reactions: deacde

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
I got my self a P11 from banggood, how can I see if my room is the global one?? It's strange that the security patch that I have its from 5 October 2020, and the system update from Google its from may 2020. The from is this one TB-J606F_S000145_201105_ROW. Some help would be appreciated.

The last three letters (ROW) stands for "Rest Of the World". Also, the UI is quite different between the PRC and ROW versions - take a look at the pictures in Jupit3r's review.

Although, the firmware version that you've listed (TB-J606F_S000145_201105_ROW) appears to be old? It’s not even listed at https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11/TB-J606F/ (an unofficial host for official Lenovo/Motorola ROMs). Five more recent updates are available, the most recent being TB-J606F_S120039_210121_ROW

Reactions: RMVC1968

RMVC1968

Apr 23, 2016
The last three letters (ROW) stands for "Rest Of the World". Also, the UI is quite different between the PRC and ROW versions - take a look at the pictures in Jupit3r's review.

Although, the firmware version that you've listed (TB-J606F_S000145_201105_ROW) appears to be old? It’s not even listed at https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/lenovo/Tab_P11/TB-J606F/ (an unofficial host for official Lenovo/Motorola ROMs). Five more recent updates are available, the most recent being TB-J606F_S120039_210121_ROW
What do you advise me to do, keep it ( working fine until now) or is there a way to install a better one?? I am kinda noob at this things, but i would like to have updates.
I already downloaded Lenovo’s Rescue & Smart Assistant and even there there are not a newer version, is it easy to do the rescue and change the firmware to one on the list so i can get updates in future?
Scanning with Lenovo’s Rescue & Smart Assistant i get the message that the firmware is not the right one, and sends me to the on of 5/2/2021 that shows on the list you posted. If i execute the rescue what could be the problems i will face ( i didnt understand very well what you have writen on your early post about that ). Thank you for the help :).

Last edited:

RMVC1968

Apr 23, 2016
After many google searchs i manage to get from the deads my P11, but still on the same rom. Tried 3 more times, but it goes from 40% to 100% in 5m and then gives me the message failed in red square. If anyone can help me on correcting what i am doing wrong i would apreciated.

biglins

Mar 2, 2021
Somehow I even find the P11’s display better suited for reading
Dear Jupit3r, thank you for your very detailed review!
My goal is a tablet to use mainly to see lecture's videos and read and writing in PDF books.
Then, if you do not bother:
Why an AMOLED screen could be worse than an LCD Screen? My only drawn back about the Xiaoxin Pad Pro is the pentile screen after see one youtube review.
At the moment my top choices are:
Global Firmware Lenovo XiaoXin Pad Pro >>> Global Firmware Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad 11 >>> ALLDOCUBE iPlay40 >>> Alldocube KNote X Pro. Unfortunately, the Alldocube X Neo, my top choice at first looks bugged and outdated now on...
It's hard to choice a good screen without seen it for myself... I am from Brazil, and my only options for purchase are Aliexpress or Bangood.
Any opinion should be grateful.
Thanks in advance!

MattySAu

Jan 11, 2021
After many google searchs i manage to get from the deads my P11, but still on the same rom. Tried 3 more times, but it goes from 40% to 100% in 5m and then gives me the message failed in red square. If anyone can help me on correcting what i am doing wrong i would apreciated.

If you followed what I did in my post above then I'm not sure what else to suggest, sorry. It may be worth trying a different computer, USB port/cable etc.

I presume that your device won’t update via OTA (Over The Air) – e.g. when connected to WiFi?

LMSA’s Power-off Mode is designed to restore a dead device, so, in theory, as long as you have selected the correct model, turned the device off and followed the instructions, it should work.

Power Off Mode.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi :)

So when i buy the Pad from a seller who put global rom on it OTA will work and i dont need to flash it ?
    In theory, OTAs should be for all firmware versions. But in fact, it was not for my Xiaxin pad (it was also not for the china rom). But now not for the penultimate version. Although I have successfully updated to the latest one recently. Looks like OTA in lenovo depends on the cycle of sunspots
    Can somebody say something about the unsharp Icon and text because they used a pentile display ? Many reviews say this is really bad.

Its hardly noticable. Been using it for about 3 hours. Can honestly say if i didn't know about it ahead of time, i wouldn't have noticed.
    Anyone tried rooting this? Is the bootloader even unlockable?
    Can i ask you to post here when you receive next OTA notification for update??
    I will not receive a new update. I unlocked the bootloader with china rom (dirty hack) and OTA update cannot be installed. Also, I did not manage to make working firmware based on full global firmware. So I stay at 210121 until another way to unlock the bootloader appears.

But you can always get the OTA zip manually. It's easy.
    Can you explain me how to do it? Thank you
    in console run code like:

Code:
    curl -X POST -d "ChecksumType=sha256&locale=en&pid=&curfirmwarever=TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW&deviceid=HA1BXWXE&devicemodel=LenovoTB-J606F&action=querynewfirmware" https://ota.lenovo.com/ota-server/firmware/query/for-text-desc

where HA1BXWXE is your (or random serial)
    TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW is current extended version

extended version can be found in firmware binaries by searching 'ro.system.build.version.incremental='
    or in previous ota zip in file \META-INF\com\android\metadata
    post-build-incremental=TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW

in result you can found url to zip file
    in \META-INF\com\android\metadata you can found current version and version "after ota"
    System & UI

DSC07820.jpg

I bought both the Tab P11 and Tab P11 Pro in China, so they both came with Lenovo’s very own ZUI, a heavily customized skin on top of Android 10. The international editions of these slates will ship with stock Android OS, with only a few twists here and there. I installed the international firmware on the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro for better support for Google apps, but kept ZUI on the standard P11 as it is a gift for my partner, who can’t care less about YouTube or Netflix as he finds enough joy with Chinese counterparts such as bilibili and Watermelon Video.

DSC07829.jpg

Unfortunately, the Android ecosystem is going towards a direction which is less and less tablet-friendly. Many of the customized tablet applications in Play Store were released years ago and haven’t been updated for a long time. As a result, most of the apps I ran on these tablets were just phone apps blown up to fill tablet screens, and many of these apps only support vertical mode.

DSC07869.jpg

However, Lenovo has designed ”PC Mode” for its ZUI, and “Productivity Mode” for its international interface, These desktop modes work very much like Samsung’s DeX mode. You will get a taskbar similar to the one on Chrome OS and Windows 10. On the left side of the taskbar are the three classic Android keys: Back, Home and Multi-tasking, you can use them to control the running applications. You will also get a shortcut to open the application drawer. What really makes Productivity Mode/PC Mode so special is their ability to run multiple apps in windows. You can browse through Emails, chat on Skype and watch a movie simultaneously. You will almost feel like you are using Windows instead of Android.

work.jpg

Thanks to the keyboard shortcuts and right-click menus, the Tab P11 and P11 Pro feel much more productive than average smartphones and tablets. For instance, you can copy texts from a webpage and instantly paste them into office apps or social networking apps.

Performance

snapdragon.jpg

At the core of the Tab P11 Pro is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 730G chipset, which is built on 8nm process, has an octa-core CPU (4 Cores of Cortex-A76 clocked at 2.2GHz and 4 cores of Cortex-A55 clocked at 1.8GHz) and Adreno 618 GPU. The Tab P11, on the other hand, is powered by an older, and relatively weaker Snapdragon 662 chipset, which is built on 11nm process and also has an octa-core CPU (4 Cores of Cortex-A72 clocked at 2.0GHz and 4 cores of Cortex-A53 clocked at 1.8GHz) and Adreno 610 GPU. Neither of these two processors are real powerhouses, and benchmarks tell the story.

COMPARISON1.jpg

To help you better understand the performance of these slates, I also listed the benchmark scores of other midrange and entry-level tablets for comparison.

ANTUTU.jpg

GB5.jpg

PCMARK.jpg

3DMARK.jpg

As can be told in the sheets above, the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro’s is in the same ballpark with the Kirin 810 powered Huawei Matepad 10.4 when it comes to overall performance, while the Tab P11’s horsepower is on par with other tablets in the same price range.

ANDRO.jpg

Both the Tab P11 and Tab P11 Pro features the same 128GB UFS2.1 storage, which should be much faster than eMMc drives in terms of speed. In the Androbench test, the P11 and P11 Pro handily beats the Huawei MatePad 10.4 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite in terms of Sequential Read Speed, but slightly fall short in Sequential Write Speed.

MULTI2.jpg

In the real-world use, both tablets can easily handle everyday tablet tasks with ease. I experienced no issues watching videos in the YouTube App, and editing photos in Snapseed at the same time. With that said, the Tab P11 Pro does feel a bit faster opening bigger applications and loading heavier webpages, but differences can only be perceived when I am running the same tasks on them side by side. Each of them feels fast enough for the tasks it is designed for.

gaming.png

Intense gaming should not be your main reason to buy an Android tablet, as most games are designed for phones and will be difficult to control on a 10+ inch screen. With that said, both tablets can run most games installed from Play Store without issues, but in order to have a smooth visual experience, you need to use moderate settings in some of the big titles. The Tab P11 has a weaker GPU of the two, but it is still able to run “Arena of Valor” and “PUBG” in mid settings smoothly.

Cameras

DSC07847.jpg

Cameras are not something I would be concerned about when choosing a tablet, with that said, I still want them to be as high-quality as possible. Both the P11 and P11 Pro come with a very decent 8MP selfie camera, but only the latter has an infrared camera by the side. The P11 Pro rocks dual rear-facing cameras: a 13MP main sensor and a 5MP ultra-wide lens, while the P11 only has a 13MP main shooter on the back.

front.jpg

main.jpg

The quality of their selfie cameras is more than enough for video chatting, and both tablets have the capability of taking clear and color-rich photos with their main camera setup in decent lighting conditions. However, as smartphone cameras are getting so good these days, who really need a 11-inch tablet for photography?

Battery Life and Charging

PLAYBACK.jpg

The Tab P11 features a 7,700mAh Li-Po battery, while the P11 Pro has a larger 8,250mAh battery under the hood. With display brightness and speaker volume both set at 50%, the P11 and P11 Pro lasted 11 hours, 37 minutes and 13 hours, 5 minutes respectively in our battery rundown test in which we played a 1080P local video on loop.

DSC07538.jpg

Both the P11 and P11 Pro support Qualcomm’s QC3.0 quick charge, and they both come with a 20W wall charger, but only the Snapdragon 730G powered P11 Pro can take full advantage of charging in 20W, the standard P11 only supports 18W charging at maximum.

CHARGING.jpg

Both tablets can be fully charged (from 0→100%) in around 3 hours.

Verdict

With Snapdragon 730G and Snapdragon 662 inside their respective shells, neither the P11 Pro nor the P11 is a powerhouse, but they are not really designed to be the best-performing tablets or break any new grounds. With that said, both tablets get a lot of essential things right. They each comes with a wonderful display, amazing speakers, and offers decent performance and perfect software optimization for everyday entertainment and productivity tasks. For me, they are easy recommendations for anyone who needs a new and affordable Android tablet.
    DSC07855.jpg

The good:
    1. Solid build quality.
    2. Vibrant, clear and sharp display.
    3. MicroSD card support.
    4. Amazing battery life.
    5. Productivity Mode (PC Mode) is good for office tasks.

The bad:
    1. Performance isn’t the best.
    2. No fingerprint reader on the Tab P11.

Yes, Android tablet is still a thing in 2020, and we’ve seen a variety of slates being released this year. From solid entry-level slates like the Alldocube iPlay30, to versatile midrange devices like the Honor V6, then to the most cutting-edge powerhouses like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus, consumers with different budgets could all find the right tablet for themselves.

Lenovo released two Android tablets recently: Lenovo Tab P11 and Tab P11 Pro. The Pro Edition was clearly more celebrated because of its fabulous 11.5-inch OLED display, quad JBL speakers and Snapdragon 730G processor. But both of them come with decent specs for their price tags, and have the potential of being real contenders.

Before we start, I have to say that I bought both tablets, one for myself, and the other for my partner, as they are extremely cheap here in China: the P11 Pro retails for RMB1,999.00 ($305), and the P11 is as cheap as RMB1,299.00($198). So, this review is NOT paid or sponsored in any way, and everything I have written here is based on my real experience.

Impressive design

DSC07831.jpg

Both the Tab P11 and Tab P11 pro look neat and elegant. The metallic rear and slim build give the slates an air of luxury.

DSC07850.jpg

The P11 has bigger bezels, and is also thicker than the P11 Pro does, but both still look like 2020 tablets which could easily blow the Huawei Matepad 10.8 out of the water in terms of aesthetics.

DSC07845.jpg

The Tab P11 Pro has a frosted aluminum back, which makes it feel much more premium than its tag would suggest. Apart from the Dolby Atomos Logo, the camera lens and LED are the only distractions. It’s incredibly clean, simple, and stylish. The P11’s back side looks a little bit more interesting, as half of it is actually plastic. According to Lenovo, the main goal of this design is to allow better WiFi reception, rather than saving cost.

DSC07871.jpg

Both tablets have 3 physical buttons: power/standby, volume+, volume-. The power key of the Tab P11 Pro also serves as a fingerprint reader, which makes unlocking the screen a lot easier. Both tablets support 2D face unlock, which is almost as fast as fingerprint recognition, although definitely less secure. The P11 Pro has an infrared camera, which works like a charm in low light conditions. The standard P11 doesn’t have one and, as a result, its front camera often struggles to recognize my partner’s face in low light, and he constantly has to turn to PIN to unlock the screen.

DSC07843.jpg

Both tablets have a multi-function USB-C port, which can be used for charging, data transmission, video and audio output. The P11 Pro’s Type-C port is of USB3.1 standard, which allows faster data transfer than the USB2.0 Type-C port on the P11. Also, both of them have a MicroSD card slot which supports cards up to 512GB. Neither tablet has a 3.5mm audio jack, if you intend on using wired headphones on them, you will need an adapter. Fortunately, the Tab P11 Pro comes with one, while the cheaper Tab P11 does not.

DSC07596.jpg

The P11 and P11 Pro each has a pogo pin port on its bottom side, which can be connected to their respective official keyboard case. The tablets also support stylus with 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity. I haven’t got one yet because both the official pen and keyboards are out of stock in China.

DSC07812.jpg

The build quality of the Tab P11 Pro is extremely solid, and could even rival much more expensive slates such as the iPad Air 4, the Galaxy Tab S7, and the Huawei MatePad Pro. The P11 does feel less premium than the Pro edition, due to its bigger bezels and slightly thicker body, but it still feels a lot studier than other tablets in the same price range, such as the Honor Pad 6 and Teclast M40.

Screen and Sound

DSC07839.jpg

Both tablets have wonderful displays.

DSC07861.jpg

DSC07863.jpg

The Tab P11 Pro sports a gorgeous 11.5-inch OLED display with Dolby Vision and HDR10. Resolution clocks in at 2,560 by 1,600, for 214 pixels per inch (PenTile). With deep, inky blacks and rich colors, the display is really a joy to look at, and the screen has a brightness level of up to 500nit.

DSC07839.jpg

DSC07630.jpg

DSC07714.jpg

The Tab P11’s 11-inch, 2000*1200px IPS LCD panel is undoubtedly less impressive when compared to the Pro edition, but it’s still a good-enough display for almost any scenario. Somehow I even find the P11’s display better suited for reading.

DSC07820.jpg

Both tablets come with quad speakers, but the P11 Pro’s JBL certified speakers are not only louder, but offer deeper bass, fuller and more layered midrange, and brighter treble. With that said, even the built-in speakers of the standard P11 can easily beat average laptops in terms of volume and overall sound quality. Even my HP Elitebook 745G, which sported a Bang&Olufsen speaker, delivers smaller and tinnier sound than the Tab P11.
    Personally, if the P11/P11 Pro is available locally then I would buy it locally. The lack of Play Protect Certification for the XiaoXin Pad Pro/XiaoXin Pad isn’t really much of issue now but it could be in 6 months, or a year from now. If, over time, as more Android devices meet certain security criteria, Google/app developers may step up restrictions. I don’t know if or when that will happen; as intentions aren’t completely clear to me. It seems as though the TB-J606F_PRC and TB-J706F_PRC *should* be certified and I can’t find any clear information as to why they aren’t.

For now, only certain apps (like Netflix) require sideloading (they can’t be installed/updated/viewed on the Play Store). Allegedly, some banking apps won’t work at all without Play Protect Certification.

Below is the process that I followed for the XiaoXin Pad Pro TB-J706F_PRC (the chinese version of the Tab P11 Pro). I believe the same process can be applied to the XiaoXin Pad TB-J606F_PRC (the chinese version of theTab P11).

What I did:
    • I booted the device into recovery mode, performed a factory reset and turned the device off (please note that these particular steps are likely not necessary, it’s just what I did).
    • I downloaded and installed LMSA (Lenovo Motorola Rescue and Smart Assistant). I believe Windows 10 and/or a PC with reasonably up to date hardware may be required to use LMSA successfully. https://support.lenovo.com/uk/en/downloads/ds101291-rescue-and-smart-assistant-lmsa
    • I then clicked on the Rescue tab and choose the “Power-off Mode” recovery option and selected the Tab P11 Pro TB-J706F (select the Tab P11 TB-J606F if you have the XiaoXin Pad). The HW Code can be found on the back of the tablet.
    • The program should then offer to download the latest firmware. Once downloaded, select the firmware, click on “Rescue Now”, and then follow the instructions. The process may take a while.
    As someone who is following this thread with interest, could you let me know if the sideloaded Netflix still let's you watch stuff in HD?

I'd be very interested in what it shows under App Settings -> playback specification for your device!

Thanks for your input into the thread - great to understand the options here

Netflix App.jpg

It seems like a lack of Play Protect certification (failing a ctsProfileMatch check) doesn’t affect Widevine/Netflix DRM. I guess there is no guarantee that this will continue to be the case.

From my understanding, any developer can use the SafetyNet Attestation API to:

• Hide their app/not allow it to be installed via the Google Play store (this is what Netflix does), AND/OR
    • Allow their app to run but block certain functions (such as with Google Pay - you can’t run contactless setup)
    • Block the app from running at all (I think some banking apps do this, but not the ones I use, fortunately)
    I’m not really sure why the TB-J706F_PRC fails a ctsProfileMatch check though. I presume it’s because Lenovo didn’t/couldn’t submit the TB-J706F_PRC variant (the Xiaoxin Pad Pro) for verification.

Reading some Chinese/Taiwanese forums (via Google Translate) it seems like the Xiaoxin Pad Pro’s firmware (the original Chinese ROM with ZUI) didn’t support GMS (Google Mobile Services), but an OTA update has since provided support. I guess supporting GMS does not include passing Play Protect certification though.

The other possibility is that just flashing a different ROM is the cause (even when using Lenovo’s official software to flash their official TB-J706F firmware).
    Can you explain me how to do it? Thank you
    in console run code like:

Code:
    curl -X POST -d "ChecksumType=sha256&locale=en&pid=&curfirmwarever=TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW&deviceid=HA1BXWXE&devicemodel=LenovoTB-J606F&action=querynewfirmware" https://ota.lenovo.com/ota-server/firmware/query/for-text-desc

where HA1BXWXE is your (or random serial)
    TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW is current extended version

extended version can be found in firmware binaries by searching 'ro.system.build.version.incremental='
    or in previous ota zip in file \META-INF\com\android\metadata
    post-build-incremental=TB-J606F_USR_S120039_2101210003_Q00287_ROW

in result you can found url to zip file
    in \META-INF\com\android\metadata you can found current version and version "after ota"
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone