(In search of) Working Google Camera (GCam) for EXYNOS

Search This thread

Sly_North

Nov 27, 2013
On my S10, it uses only the standard lens (easy to test: pour your finger in front of the middle lens). The ultra wide and the zoom lens are never used.
Front camera works in video only.
Features like Night Mode work.

x_Herben_x

Sep 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S10
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC, but it does not support a macro camera, that's why I'm writing here, it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below (a cropped version for weak phones, with the ability to save to sd card), not the newest version, and even the HDR mode does not turn on, but at least macro camera is working and it's better than nothing for those on custom AOSP ROM. I've been using it for a long time, I haven't found bugs except HDR, good luck to everyone!

Tested on my Galaxy S10

Attachments

• Camera+Go.apk
    24.7 MB · Views: 380
Reactions: DOGASP

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I tested the often recommended BSG gcam 8.1 but in some image I get strange circles in it (so gradually color changes in a shape of a ring).
So I use the older 7.4 of Zoran. That seems to work for me. But it does support only front an back main lens. Any other recommendations? (I use and S10e with LOS/microG)

( https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-zoran/ )

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaSerb

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC, but it does not support a macro camera, that's why I'm writing here, it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below (a cropped version for weak phones, with the ability to save to sd card), not the newest version, and even the HDR mode does not turn on, but at least macro camera is working and it's better than nothing for those on custom AOSP ROM. I've been using it for a long time, I haven't found bugs except HDR, good luck to everyone!

Tested on my Galaxy S10
Just installed it out of curiousity. It has less features than the ZCAM (no wonder it is smaller) - and I can't enable HDR !? But wide lens works.

Sly_North

Nov 27, 2013
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC... it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below
It has already been discussed a few years ago.
Just installed it out of curiousity. It has less features than the ZCAM (no wonder it is smaller) - and I can't enable HDR !? But wide lens works.
Agreed, no HDR no supersampling, no GCam quality. In my opinion this one is not interesting. Unfortunately I think the only app that always work and give great quality is the original Samsung phone app.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Unfortunately I think the only app that always work and give great quality is the original Samsung phone app.
Mh, but on LOS (no stock) I have to workaround - somsungs cam will not work. Probably even not with changing libs.
The OpenCam is a very good app, but it misses some advanced post processing (night mode, portrait).
----
Edit:
My summery so far:
Use OpenCam for standard situations and ZGcam 7.4 (with S10 config loaded) for low light / special purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaSerb

panomitrius

Oct 15, 2022
I tested the often recommended BSG gcam 8.1 but in some image I get strange circles in it (so gradually color changes in a shape of a ring).
So I use the older 7.4 of Zoran. That seems to work for me. But it does support only front an back main lens. Any other recommendations? (I use and S10e with LOS/microG)

( https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-zoran/ )
Which app/settings did you end up using @starbright_ ? I have the same phone and rom.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Still the ZCam 7.4. But installed just today that one:
I haven't test it fully, especially that artefact I mentioned before was only noticable under certain conditions - but it looks good so far.

Please give also feedback about your findings.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Which app/settings did you end up using @starbright_ ? I have the same phone and rom.
Have to keep at the old ZCAM. The newer BGCAM has strong artefacts in Night Mode and HDR when it comes to overexposure. White parts slip to black or green, very annoying.
Unfortunatly I didn't find any kind of howto/manual or forum to exchange about the config files. It probably needs just some tweaking. If someone has an idea .... let me know.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Found some config files for the CGAM8.1 that make things better.
Images are a bit to much sharpened but at least that artefacts are gone.

Attachments

• WonITKorea_8.1_Sam10_HDRnet.xml
    69.8 KB · Views: 126
  • WonITKorea_8.1_Sam10_Final.xml
    70.1 KB · Views: 223
  • WonITKorea_8.1_BSG_Sam10_Signature.xml
    70.1 KB · Views: 137
  • pegasus S10+ beta4.8.xml
    39.8 KB · Views: 89

panomitrius

Oct 15, 2022
Found some config files for the CGAM8.1 that make things better.
Images are a bit to much sharpened but at least that artefacts are gone.
[On a Samsung S10E]
After initial playing around, for me it seems like MGC together with the WonITKorea_8.1_Sam10_Final config you posted gives pretty good pictures and access to the wide angle lense. Thanks for the links! 😊

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
[On a Samsung S10E]
After initial playing around, for me it seems like MGC together with the WonITKorea_8.1_Sam10_Final config you posted gives pretty good pictures and access to the wide angle lense. Thanks for the links! 😊
Thanks for feedback. My initial impression was same. Well, under some situations the app gives really strange results. I do have some areas painted with blue, green and yellow. Somewhat like "markers" as you might know it from "greenscreen". I have no idea why this happened.This below is an example - and not the worst I did have.
small.jpg

This setup fails reproducable in similar manner. I won't give up and will do some more checks. It's hard to get in contact with experts. But maybe I stick to OpenCam (many options) for "normal" situations and use GCam only for special purposes as night shots or HDR. It could be very painful after a day of shooting fotos that a few are so completly wrong. Also the postprocessing is a bit to agresssive sometime - but I can't deny that it looks well at the first glance.
Maybe I check for some tool that can to a "slighter" postprocessing on top of OpenCams images.

Hope I get more feedback from others.

Last edited:
Reactions: panomitrius

Monvigliero

Aug 20, 2021
Guys i have a fully working gcam and config, with every lens working, linked below:
Hello! Almost perfect, although the selfie camera doesn't save the picture in any of the modes on my device (S10 LOS20 Exynos). Only the videos. Is there any settings I should modify, or with root access can I add raw support somehow? I have read all the related sites and telegram feeds, but I haven't found the solution.

Reactions: Wreak0Havoc

Monvigliero

Aug 20, 2021
MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_ruler apk on my device seems to be working fine with the WonITKorea-8.1-Sam10-Final xml config file. All 3 rear cameras are working properly, and the front cam saves the selfies. [SM-G973F LOS20/Iodé 4.6]

[Works also with 3rd party gallery (if set up in menu), but best to use it together with Google Photos. The quality is remarkable.]

I would of course be somewhat happier with a newer one, so if there are tips how to set up the selfie mirror/saving on Shamim's 8.9 V4 with the respective config file, I am happy for any advice.

Last edited:

duncan077

Mar 5, 2016
Hey there is a libcam mod for oneui 5.1 so i can use the front camera with gcam?
Or a tutorial to find what bytes i have to change so it works?

Top Liked Posts