(In search of) Working Google Camera (GCam) for EXYNOS

Search This thread

Sly_North

Nov 27, 2013
On my S10, it uses only the standard lens (easy to test: pour your finger in front of the middle lens). The ultra wide and the zoom lens are never used.
Front camera works in video only.
Features like Night Mode work.

x_Herben_x

Sep 26, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S10
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC, but it does not support a macro camera, that's why I'm writing here, it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below (a cropped version for weak phones, with the ability to save to sd card), not the newest version, and even the HDR mode does not turn on, but at least macro camera is working and it's better than nothing for those on custom AOSP ROM. I've been using it for a long time, I haven't found bugs except HDR, good luck to everyone!

Tested on my Galaxy S10

Attachments

• Camera+Go.apk
    24.7 MB · Views: 195
Reactions: DOGASP

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I tested the often recommended BSG gcam 8.1 but in some image I get strange circles in it (so gradually color changes in a shape of a ring).
So I use the older 7.4 of Zoran. That seems to work for me. But it does support only front an back main lens. Any other recommendations? (I use and S10e with LOS/microG)

( https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-zoran/ )

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaSerb

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC, but it does not support a macro camera, that's why I'm writing here, it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below (a cropped version for weak phones, with the ability to save to sd card), not the newest version, and even the HDR mode does not turn on, but at least macro camera is working and it's better than nothing for those on custom AOSP ROM. I've been using it for a long time, I haven't found bugs except HDR, good luck to everyone!

Tested on my Galaxy S10
Just installed it out of curiousity. It has less features than the ZCAM (no wonder it is smaller) - and I can't enable HDR !? But wide lens works.

Sly_North

Nov 27, 2013
I think it will be no secret to anyone that at the moment the best gcam is MGC... it was surprising to me that no one has found such a gcam yet, I attached gcam GO below
It has already been discussed a few years ago.
Just installed it out of curiousity. It has less features than the ZCAM (no wonder it is smaller) - and I can't enable HDR !? But wide lens works.
Agreed, no HDR no supersampling, no GCam quality. In my opinion this one is not interesting. Unfortunately I think the only app that always work and give great quality is the original Samsung phone app.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Unfortunately I think the only app that always work and give great quality is the original Samsung phone app.
Mh, but on LOS (no stock) I have to workaround - somsungs cam will not work. Probably even not with changing libs.
The OpenCam is a very good app, but it misses some advanced post processing (night mode, portrait).
----
Edit:
My summery so far:
Use OpenCam for standard situations and ZGcam 7.4 (with S10 config loaded) for low light / special purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaSerb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!
    I'm trying to use Google camera app on my s10plus exynos use Google camera apk for snapdragon one but isn't working properly and I can't use night sight mode or anything else.
    Also I tried to find for exynos one but couldn't find anything.
    Please help me or send me link for s10 plus exynos one.
    Thanks

At least attempt to read the thread before posting
    Let's have this thread for any info about working Google Camera for Exynos versions. Please share any info/links here to keep up to date.
    YES!!

Any version with night sight working?

To Work with S10 or S10+ Exynos Versions (including Night Sight etc)

You can have full Night Sight and Google Pixel version up to date if you download this version:

Code:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnJko3-w3VVah6Boq2OrHWT97Ebx1g

Then you need these settings:
    (Extract Config folder from zip into /*local storage*/Gcam folder) - You'll need to create the Gcam folder

Code:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnJko3-w3VVah6BnbtTWn7KRnjk0ng

You add this config by double clicking the black space just right of the shutter button when the app is open.
    Load the s10csMar2.xml
    Then go into Settings->Advanced(under Photo)->Alernative config and make sure this Night Sight switch is on
    Then go back to main settings page and then Base->Config and select Pixel2018HW Zsl Hdr(needYUV)

Done! :D
    I have compared one S10+ working GCam port with stock S10+ (scene optomizer on and off) and stock S9+ (scene optomizer on and off).

Imo:
    1. S10+ GCam.
    2. S9+ stock, optimize off
    3. S9+ stock, optimizer on
    4. S10+ stock, optimize off
    4.S10+ stock, optimize on

Files to compare:

- full size kitchen furniture
    - crop from above (important - bottle and wood structure)
    - crop from other shot of furniture (from longer distance, important is wood structure)

Photos on GDrive:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1rGFmhgvVzS_yk9qd_kRFBpRwmf6crpyG

Working GCam (default settings):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m8hvl_9PvCE_LRnPz6OEIGA2jlxBFBmw/view?usp=drivesdk

Wysłane z mojego SNE-LX1 przy użyciu Tapatalka