IN2025_11_C.21 Root / Boot.img Help

Search This thread

x51

Apr 23, 2008
TLDR: I need boot.img (stock or patched) for C.21

I made a huge mistake. I thought the _11 in the new version was OOS11. The upgrade window didn't indicate it was a significant upgrade.

Anyway, I was also on an old version of Magisk because I need Magisk Hide to hide root from applications required for work.
I did the usual OTA by restoring binaries in Magisk, then installing to inactive slot before reboot, but I guess due to the old MAgisk and New OOS12, it failed.

I'm now on the terrible IN2025_11_C.21 and I lost root.

I need a copy of the boot.img from C.21
Advice? Help?

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
TLDR: I need boot.img (stock or patched) for C.21

I made a huge mistake. I thought the _11 in the new version was OOS11. The upgrade window didn't indicate it was a significant upgrade.

Anyway, I was also on an old version of Magisk because I need Magisk Hide to hide root from applications required for work.
I did the usual OTA by restoring binaries in Magisk, then installing to inactive slot before reboot, but I guess due to the old MAgisk and New OOS12, it failed.

I'm now on the terrible IN2025_11_C.21 and I lost root.

I need a copy of the boot.img from C.21
Advice? Help?
There are boot images.

AFAIK, there isn't twrp for Android 12 yet

x51

Apr 23, 2008
There are boot images.

AFAIK, there isn't twrp for Android 12 yet
Thanks.

I ended up using the Indian boot.img. it worked.

Orig-pinetree

Jan 30, 2021
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Downloaded IN2025_11_C.21 last stable in full zip from oxygen update. Payload dumpered it and fastboot booted the stock boot.img and screwed it up good, restarted thinking it'd go back to original image but no, takes a while to fire up lock screen image comes up, home screen is black. Strangely google assistant works to voice open file manager and oxygen update, downloaded IN2025_11_c.35 incremental zip but "op12 local update" doesn't see it. Twrp doesn't work so can't side load the c.35 zip to restore the boot.img. if anyone's got a IN2025_11_C.35 boot.img or any advice I'd appreciate

Orig-pinetree

Jan 30, 2021
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Downloaded IN2025_11_C.21 last stable in full zip from oxygen update. Payload dumpered it and fastboot booted the stock boot.img and screwed it up good, restarted thinking it'd go back to original image but no, takes a while to fire up lock screen image comes up, home screen is black. Strangely google assistant works to voice open file manager and oxygen update, downloaded IN2025_11_c.35 incremental zip but "op12 local update" doesn't see it. Twrp doesn't work so can't side load the c.35 zip to restore the boot.img. if anyone's got a IN2025_11_C.35 boot.img or any advice I'd appreciate
I think boot.img corrupted the system launcher, making the settings, home screen and app drawer black or blank. Had Google assistant open a file manager and uninstalled the launcher and it came back