[INACTIVE THREAD] Dirty Unicorns 14

Where would you want the unicorn to kill from?

• From its mighty horn

Votes: 82 44.6%
  • From its rainbow fart

Votes: 102 55.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Badger50

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Yeah I just found the thread. What kernel do you like on the 2xl? I'm running DU 13

I'd keep the unicorn blood kernel you have with DU right now. It generally runs pretty good. However, all the custom kernels for the P2XL run very good as well. My personal favorites are: Ex, Kirisakura, and Evira :good:

Badger50

Staff member
It just seems odd that on pie, I have to increase the brightness on my Shamu and 2xl.

Yeah, google changed the algorithm for brightness with the update to 9.0. Max brightness is still the same, but it's not as uniform on the slide bar as it was before. BTW, if you want a little extra brightness, you might try Ex kernel. The dev, Flar2, was able squeeze a few more nits outa the screen with his kernel if memory serves......which is always questionable :cool:

Reactions: 93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
Yeah, google changed the algorithm for brightness with the update to 9.0. Max brightness is still the same, but it's not as uniform on the slide bar as it was before. BTW, if you want a little extra brightness, you might try Ex kernel. The dev, Flar2, was able squeeze a few more nits outa the screen with his kernel if memory serves......which is always questionable :cool:
Yeah I've been following him since Shamu. Is this it-
Flash EX
Setup aroma
Then hit back, or whatever the option is
Then flash magisk?

Badger50

Staff member
Yeah I've been following him since Shamu. Is this it-
Flash EX
Setup aroma
Then hit back, or whatever the option is
Then flash magisk?

Yeah, that should work fine if your still on the stock rom kernel. Definitely make a backup of your rom kernel first with the EXKM app if you want to try different kernels going forward. Then the procedure would be....
Flash stock rom kernel
Flash twrp installer zip
Flash magisk
Flash new kernel
Reboot and done :good:

Reactions: 93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
The stock launcher doesn't have the option even with pixel launcher mods to have a widget stretch across the whole screen. Can anyone recommend a work around?

93fuelslut

Jul 1, 2012
Nexus 6
Screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190330-112928.jpg
    Screenshot_20190330-112928.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 785

Badger50

Staff member
Didnt even know the ROM came with its own. But I only see one in my app drawer. It's the Google version

Gotchya. Haven't run DU in a while, just wondering if was an AOSP version still. Might try clearing phone app data and cache, then uninstall it, reboot, and download it from PS, and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

THIS IS AN ANNOUNCEMENT, DISCUSSION AND INFORMATION THREAD FOR OFFICIAL DIRTY UNICORNS 14.x BUILDS FOR PIXEL 2 XL (taimen).

Special thanks to all who were and are involved in the development and also to the maintenance of this ROM.

Flashing instructions:
    Go to TWRP
    Factory reset
    Flash ROM and TWRP zip
    Reboot and enjoy!!

If on a previous DU build:
    Go to TWRP
    Flash ROM and TWRP zip
    Reboot and enjoy!!

Note:
    If you're going to flash magisk make sure you flash it after you've booted the OS once.

Reminder
    Weeklies and official builds are signed with private keys. This means that if you’re on the first official build or last week’s weekly, you can dirty flash this official build. If you’re on anything other than that and want to use this build you MUST perform a full wipe in recovery. If you decide to disregard this and flash this build or a weekly on top of anything, you will not be able to boot. Have fun looking at a black screen

ANY BUGS MAY BE DISCUSSED HERE OR WITH THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM ON THEIR TELEGRAM CHANNELONLY IF YOU HAVE CLEAN FLASHED
    Thread cleaned
    Things like this are why developers leave XDA!
    Asking for when an update will occur is disrespectful of developers' lives
    This is not a job for them but a hobby! Their real job and family always come first!
    Attacks on other members will not be tolerated on this private development site
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    New RC2 Build is up!!

Announcement!!
    New RC2 Build is up!! :highfive:

Lots of DU features have merged alongside system stability and buttery smooth unicorn ride:D

Check the OP for new flashing info, and SECOND POST for download info and dev support.
    Latest RC build running excellent...plenty tweaks back including Now playing on lockscreen....

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa
    Can you post screenshot of the du tweaks that are currently in the rom?

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

DU Tweaks...check screenshots attached